Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 71

Thread: Veto packs

  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,705
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I still have my original LC. Couldn't tell you how old it is. Must be close to 10 y/o. Older than and tool bag I've had that's for sure.
    How's it holding up?

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Posts
    16,005
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    How's it holding up?
    Zippers still attached and work.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    368
    Post Likes
    I got 4.5 years on my backpack veto bag before the zipper started having issues. Stitching was fine. They sent me a new bag as a loaner. Then I shipped mine back then they told me to keep the brand new bag. I never had to go a single day with no tool bag. That's a great warranty. Zero downtime. How can anyone complain about that?
    Better warranties and quality than any other bag I've ever used. So I will get about 9 years of use for around $250 or go back to buying cheaper bags for about $100 to have to replace them almost yearly. No thanks

  4. Likes heatingman, Metalman0880 liked this post
  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Likes
    I have at least 20 of their bags/totes/other smaller products and I've only had a few zippers break but It was because I over stuffed the bags. I do find that living the zippers really help keep them working smooth reducing force when closing the bag.

    I've had no issues with any warranty claims what so ever. I left my Tech-MCT bag on my rear bumper and back out of a drive way that was very steep. When I went from reverse to drive I felt like I ran over a animal then I heard a grinding sound. Well, as you can imagine I ran over the bag some how then dragged it between my rear axle and the pavement for at least 50ft Oops... I called them up told them what happened and sent them a picture because the damage it incurred was surprisingly not as bad as you would believe. My service truck weights 15,340lbs last time I was on a scale. Anyway, I had a new tech-MCT two days later along with an extra shoulder strap because I do break the clips on them some how. The bag was actually still useable surprisingly.
    It didn't even break the plastic bottom. Sometimes it really seems to help if your honest with them.

    I also have the three backpack bags. TECH PAC, TECH PAC LT and TECH PAC MC. The only one I really use is the newer Tech Pac MC. The two others backpacks are just store my backup tools and extras of tools i use daily and would be upset not to have. Also, I have a open top bag just for Oil burner work a MC control/low voltage work, one for airflow testing and diagnostics and many more. It makes life a bit easier having all the tools I need for specific jobs already in one place/bag. I love tools, especially German hand tools so I need tool bags to store them.

    I haven't found a bag better made then Veto's. They are pricey but this is my career and it requires the use of many different tools which require care for them to have a long life. Without my tools and test instruments I cant do.my job properly and my value to the company decreases.
    Some people just view their work as a job and not a career. This is ok when your a teen working a summer job. My tools are an investment for my career and as I progress it sometimes requires new technology.

    Anyway, Veto bags are expensive and built very well. I remember before I got my first veto I would need to replace my CLC and other.similar bag at least 3 times a year and they never were well designed.

    Shit, sorry I didn't mean to write so much. I shouldn't drink any reply threads.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    ORE.
    Posts
    22
    Post Likes
    Love veto. Got 7 of their bags. Have processed warranty no problem. Only issue I have is for the $ it can't be made in USA? The veto owner seems cool, a tradesman missing a digit if you watch his videos. Don't mind lining his pockets, just wish USA made.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    22
    Post Likes
    i recently got the Veto Pro Pac MC backpack this thing is awesome and highly recommend t

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Posts
    16,005
    Post Likes
    I think the number one reason a zipper fails on a VETO is not opening the flap all the way when opening.

    The zipper stitching coming undone is a completely different failure!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiTech View Post
    i recently got the Veto Pro Pac MC backpack this thing is awesome and highly recommend t
    Do you have the MC or Tech- MC?
    I have both and like the tech-Mc over then Tech-MCT. I keeps me from carrying to many tools!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 503 Hvac View Post
    Love veto. Got 7 of their bags. Have processed warranty no problem. Only issue I have is for the $ it can't be made in USA? The veto owner seems cool, a tradesman missing a digit if you watch his videos. Don't mind lining his pockets, just wish USA made.

    I talked to Roger about them not being made in American like they first were, and the problem was he couldn’t get a manufacturing facility as well as the cost of the bag would have been double what they are now. Roger is in China a lot monitoring the bag production.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Posts
    16,005
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I have at least 20 of their bags/totes/other smaller products and I've only had a few zippers break but It was because I over stuffed the bags. I do find that living the zippers really help keep them working smooth reducing force when closing the bag.

    I've had no issues with any warranty claims what so ever. I left my Tech-MCT bag on my rear bumper and back out of a drive way that was very steep. When I went from reverse to drive I felt like I ran over a animal then I heard a grinding sound. Well, as you can imagine I ran over the bag some how then dragged it between my rear axle and the pavement for at least 50ft Oops... I called them up told them what happened and sent them a picture because the damage it incurred was surprisingly not as bad as you would believe. My service truck weights 15,340lbs last time I was on a scale. Anyway, I had a new tech-MCT two days later along with an extra shoulder strap because I do break the clips on them some how. The bag was actually still useable surprisingly.
    It didn't even break the plastic bottom. Sometimes it really seems to help if your honest with them.

    I also have the three backpack bags. TECH PAC, TECH PAC LT and TECH PAC MC. The only one I really use is the newer Tech Pac MC. The two others backpacks are just store my backup tools and extras of tools i use daily and would be upset not to have. Also, I have a open top bag just for Oil burner work a MC control/low voltage work, one for airflow testing and diagnostics and many more. It makes life a bit easier having all the tools I need for specific jobs already in one place/bag. I love tools, especially German hand tools so I need tool bags to store them.

    I haven't found a bag better made then Veto's. They are pricey but this is my career and it requires the use of many different tools which require care for them to have a long life. Without my tools and test instruments I cant do.my job properly and my value to the company decreases.
    Some people just view their work as a job and not a career. This is ok when your a teen working a summer job. My tools are an investment for my career and as I progress it sometimes requires new technology.

    Anyway, Veto bags are expensive and built very well. I remember before I got my first veto I would need to replace my CLC and other.similar bag at least 3 times a year and they never were well designed.

    Shit, sorry I didn't mean to write so much. I shouldn't drink any reply threads.
    Out of twenty VETO bags how many have the flap zippers sewn in with only one row of stitches?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Posts
    16,005
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 503 Hvac View Post
    Love veto. Got 7 of their bags. Have processed warranty no problem. Only issue I have is for the $ it can't be made in USA? The veto owner seems cool, a tradesman missing a digit if you watch his videos. Don't mind lining his pockets, just wish USA made.
    How many VETO Pro Pacs out of seven have the flap zippers sewn in with only one row of stiches?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Posts
    16,005
    Post Likes
    Is one row of stiches holding in a flap zipper tougher than two? On what planet?
    Is there any other reason I would have multiple failure of pulled out zippers on my back pack vs all my other VETO pro Pacs? The back pac got babied. I've literally kicked the S out of the other bags. The big back pac was made like 5hit when I bought it. Was the first run. Maybe they changed them IDK.
    Will have to stop in and check one on the shelf I guess.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,705
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Is one row of stiches holding in a flap zipper tougher than two? On what planet?
    Is there any other reason I would have multiple failure of pulled out zippers on my back pack vs all my other VETO pro Pacs? The back pac got babied. I've literally kicked the S out of the other bags. The big back pac was made like 5hit when I bought it. Was the first run. Maybe they changed them IDK.
    Will have to stop in and check one on the shelf I guess.
    You could contact Veto support and see what they have to say about it. I imagine they'd be interested in hearing about it, since multiple failures isn't a good selling point. Maybe they'll compensate you for your troubles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •