+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veto packs

Post Likes
    Zippers sown in with one or two rows of stitches?

Post Likes
    If it's one row of stiches then yea consider yourself lucky.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If it's one row of stiches then yea consider yourself lucky.
    That's the 'tell'? If there are two rows, no go?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That's the 'tell'? If there are two rows, no go?
    All my pull outs were on the back flap of the back pack where they were sewn in with only one pass. The front flap had two.

All my old packs had two on the flaps. Every VETO pack I ever had had two rows holding the zipper in.

Every back pack back flap only held in with one row. I think that was my third. Lost track. They treated me like crap so eff um. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the issue is... Or you could just say I'm the only one with the issue and stop honoring the warranty.

Post Likes
    All my pull outs were on the back flap of the back pack where they were sewn in with only one pass. The front flap had two.

All my old packs had two on the flaps. Every VETO pack I ever had had two rows holding the zipper in.

Every back pack back flap only held in with one row. I think that was my third. Lost track. They treated me like crap so eff um. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the issue is... Or you could just say I'm the only one with the issue and stop honoring the warranty.
    I only have the MB2 at present. The zipper broke (one zipper will close, but I can only use that zipper...the other one will spread the 'track'). I bought it through Amazon, so no warranty (although Veto support gave me names of 4 Amazon vendors that are authorized sellers).

I'm pondering the Tech LC Large to accommodate my FP probes or iConnect and relevant tools. The zipper is a concern, but not a deal breaker for my application.

I've heard a lot about zipper issues, but haven't found a mfr that suits my purposes better.

Post Likes
    I only have the MB2 at present. The zipper broke (one zipper will close, but I can only use that zipper...the other one will spread the 'track'). I bought it through Amazon, so no warranty (although Veto support gave me names of 4 Amazon vendors that are authorized sellers).

I'm pondering the Tech LC Large to accommodate my FP probes or iConnect and relevant tools. The zipper is a concern, but not a deal breaker for my application.

I've heard a lot about zipper issues, but haven't found a mfr that suits my purposes better.
    I still have my original LC. Couldn't tell you how old it is. Must be close to 10 y/o. Older than and tool bag I've had that's for sure.

Post Likes
    I still have my original LC. Couldn't tell you how old it is. Must be close to 10 y/o. Older than and tool bag I've had that's for sure.
    How's it holding up?

Post Likes
    How's it holding up?
    Zippers still attached and work.

Post Likes
    I got 4.5 years on my backpack veto bag before the zipper started having issues. Stitching was fine. They sent me a new bag as a loaner. Then I shipped mine back then they told me to keep the brand new bag. I never had to go a single day with no tool bag. That's a great warranty. Zero downtime. How can anyone complain about that?
    Better warranties and quality than any other bag I've ever used. So I will get about 9 years of use for around $250 or go back to buying cheaper bags for about $100 to have to replace them almost yearly. No thanks

10. Likes heatingman, Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have at least 20 of their bags/totes/other smaller products and I've only had a few zippers break but It was because I over stuffed the bags. I do find that living the zippers really help keep them working smooth reducing force when closing the bag.

I've had no issues with any warranty claims what so ever. I left my Tech-MCT bag on my rear bumper and back out of a drive way that was very steep. When I went from reverse to drive I felt like I ran over a animal then I heard a grinding sound. Well, as you can imagine I ran over the bag some how then dragged it between my rear axle and the pavement for at least 50ft Oops... I called them up told them what happened and sent them a picture because the damage it incurred was surprisingly not as bad as you would believe. My service truck weights 15,340lbs last time I was on a scale. Anyway, I had a new tech-MCT two days later along with an extra shoulder strap because I do break the clips on them some how. The bag was actually still useable surprisingly.
    It didn't even break the plastic bottom. Sometimes it really seems to help if your honest with them.

I also have the three backpack bags. TECH PAC, TECH PAC LT and TECH PAC MC. The only one I really use is the newer Tech Pac MC. The two others backpacks are just store my backup tools and extras of tools i use daily and would be upset not to have. Also, I have a open top bag just for Oil burner work a MC control/low voltage work, one for airflow testing and diagnostics and many more. It makes life a bit easier having all the tools I need for specific jobs already in one place/bag. I love tools, especially German hand tools so I need tool bags to store them.

I haven't found a bag better made then Veto's. They are pricey but this is my career and it requires the use of many different tools which require care for them to have a long life. Without my tools and test instruments I cant do.my job properly and my value to the company decreases.
    Some people just view their work as a job and not a career. This is ok when your a teen working a summer job. My tools are an investment for my career and as I progress it sometimes requires new technology.

Anyway, Veto bags are expensive and built very well. I remember before I got my first veto I would need to replace my CLC and other.similar bag at least 3 times a year and they never were well designed.

Shit, sorry I didn't mean to write so much. I shouldn't drink any reply threads.

Post Likes
    Love veto. Got 7 of their bags. Have processed warranty no problem. Only issue I have is for the $ it can't be made in USA? The veto owner seems cool, a tradesman missing a digit if you watch his videos. Don't mind lining his pockets, just wish USA made.

Post Likes
    i recently got the Veto Pro Pac MC backpack this thing is awesome and highly recommend t

Post Likes
    I think the number one reason a zipper fails on a VETO is not opening the flap all the way when opening.

The zipper stitching coming undone is a completely different failure!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiTech View Post
    i recently got the Veto Pro Pac MC backpack this thing is awesome and highly recommend t
    Do you have the MC or Tech- MC?
    I have both and like the tech-Mc over then Tech-MCT. I keeps me from carrying to many tools!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 503 Hvac View Post
    Love veto. Got 7 of their bags. Have processed warranty no problem. Only issue I have is for the $ it can't be made in USA? The veto owner seems cool, a tradesman missing a digit if you watch his videos. Don't mind lining his pockets, just wish USA made.

I talked to Roger about them not being made in American like they first were, and the problem was he couldn’t get a manufacturing facility as well as the cost of the bag would have been double what they are now. Roger is in China a lot monitoring the bag production.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I have at least 20 of their bags/totes/other smaller products and I've only had a few zippers break but It was because I over stuffed the bags. I do find that living the zippers really help keep them working smooth reducing force when closing the bag.

I've had no issues with any warranty claims what so ever. I left my Tech-MCT bag on my rear bumper and back out of a drive way that was very steep. When I went from reverse to drive I felt like I ran over a animal then I heard a grinding sound. Well, as you can imagine I ran over the bag some how then dragged it between my rear axle and the pavement for at least 50ft Oops... I called them up told them what happened and sent them a picture because the damage it incurred was surprisingly not as bad as you would believe. My service truck weights 15,340lbs last time I was on a scale. Anyway, I had a new tech-MCT two days later along with an extra shoulder strap because I do break the clips on them some how. The bag was actually still useable surprisingly.
    It didn't even break the plastic bottom. Sometimes it really seems to help if your honest with them.

I also have the three backpack bags. TECH PAC, TECH PAC LT and TECH PAC MC. The only one I really use is the newer Tech Pac MC. The two others backpacks are just store my backup tools and extras of tools i use daily and would be upset not to have. Also, I have a open top bag just for Oil burner work a MC control/low voltage work, one for airflow testing and diagnostics and many more. It makes life a bit easier having all the tools I need for specific jobs already in one place/bag. I love tools, especially German hand tools so I need tool bags to store them.

I haven't found a bag better made then Veto's. They are pricey but this is my career and it requires the use of many different tools which require care for them to have a long life. Without my tools and test instruments I cant do.my job properly and my value to the company decreases.
    Some people just view their work as a job and not a career. This is ok when your a teen working a summer job. My tools are an investment for my career and as I progress it sometimes requires new technology.

Anyway, Veto bags are expensive and built very well. I remember before I got my first veto I would need to replace my CLC and other.similar bag at least 3 times a year and they never were well designed.

Shit, sorry I didn't mean to write so much. I shouldn't drink any reply threads.
    Out of twenty VETO bags how many have the flap zippers sewn in with only one row of stitches?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 503 Hvac View Post
    How many VETO Pro Pacs out of seven have the flap zippers sewn in with only one row of stiches?

Post Likes
    Is one row of stiches holding in a flap zipper tougher than two? On what planet?
    Is there any other reason I would have multiple failure of pulled out zippers on my back pack vs all my other VETO pro Pacs? The back pac got babied. I've literally kicked the S out of the other bags. The big back pac was made like 5hit when I bought it. Was the first run. Maybe they changed them IDK.
    Will have to stop in and check one on the shelf I guess.

Post Likes
    Is one row of stiches holding in a flap zipper tougher than two? On what planet?
    Is there any other reason I would have multiple failure of pulled out zippers on my back pack vs all my other VETO pro Pacs? The back pac got babied. I've literally kicked the S out of the other bags. The big back pac was made like 5hit when I bought it. Was the first run. Maybe they changed them IDK.
    Will have to stop in and check one on the shelf I guess.
    You could contact Veto support and see what they have to say about it. I imagine they'd be interested in hearing about it, since multiple failures isn't a good selling point. Maybe they'll compensate you for your troubles.

Post Likes
    You could contact Veto support and see what they have to say about it. I imagine they'd be interested in hearing about it, since multiple failures isn't a good selling point. Maybe they'll compensate you for your troubles.
    Done. To multiple guys too. Either it went in one ear and out the other or they knew it was an issue and blamed me for doing something wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in