Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Veto packs

Post Likes

Veto packs

Anybody had an issue with veto's " zero downtime" warranty?
    Appears that zero actually means 7-10 days.
    Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I thought they sent you a temp bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    They do.....in 7-10 days. When I called they advised to just keep using the old bag until the temp bag shows up in 7-10 working days. Too bad the zipper holding the tools in is broke letting the backpack flop around.
    For a three hundred dollar bag, I would expect a little more.
    Rant concluded.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Broken zipper in five years is pretty much a guaranteed thing. They still get pissy about it like you did something wrong by using the thing everyday. If you had a bunch of their bags and you are constantly calling about the broken zippers they get to be very difficult to deal with about the broken zippers. At least they did with me. I fixed the situation with not buying anymore of their products.

5. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by technocratic View Post
    They do.....in 7-10 days. When I called they advised to just keep using the old bag until the temp bag shows up in 7-10 working days. Too bad the zipper holding the tools in is broke letting the backpack flop around.
    For a three hundred dollar bag, I would expect a little more.
    Rant concluded.

The back pack was the worst for pulled out zipper stitching. That pack was the tipping point. Zippers were seen in for **** on those. Too much movement wears the stitches out. Yes BS for how much they cost.

Post Likes

Veto packs

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The back pack was the worst for pulled out zipper stitching. That pack was the tipping point. Zippers were seen in for **** on those. Too much movement wears the stitches out. Yes BS for how much they cost.
    My backpack broke on the zipper stitching just like how you mentioned. Mine just sat in the truck more than it actually got used, and it still broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Three hundred bucks? Holy crapola Batman!! I should snap a photo of my service call / PM tools. And for what it is worth, I can do as much with my stuff as my co-workers can with their huge over stuffed back packs.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Name:  20190921_083024.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  137.3 KB
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Since the vast majority of what I do is light commercial, and on a roof top, I use the rope to pull up my little yellow bucket. These days, I want both hands on the ladder.

The little yellow bucket has a bit of a back story. My Uncle Jimmy passed away a few years ago. And he had lots of tools. But so do I. Really don't need any more. But my Aunt was insistent that I take something, if for no other reason than the memories. So I chose a couple of small wood carving tools, things I've never seen before, and have no clue what they are used for. And a couple of pairs of Vice Grips, can't really have too many of those.

So she said, here, put that stuff in this bucket, it'll be easier to carry home.

I've never used a single one of those tools. But I've used that bucket every single day I've been on the job since.

11. Likes Zamoramax liked this post
    Post Likes
    Me old school.

Over the shoulder tool pouches.

Post Likes
    my backpack 3 seasons in and no damage whats so ever, its overloaded , abused and so far im happy to not have any issues YET..surprised because i heard all these zipper issues and warranty changing etc but im a lucky one i guess..

14. Likes Zamoramax liked this post
    Post Likes
    Actually I’ve had great experiences with the bags and the warranty stuff. I forgot to close and lock on of my side boxes one weekend and when I was on my commute my LT backpack fell out onto the highway. 18 wheeler ran over it with just about every tire. The molded bottom blew out but the zippers and all my tools made it out without a scratch or dent. I have no idea how to this day but I’m sure glad I had them in that bag. Emailed them and they sent one right out. Sure I had to wait like 4 days but what else could u expect. Zip ties and duct tape got me through. And when I got the loaner bag it was the upgraded version. They just said keep it and we’ll keep the broken bag.

Post Likes
    That’s besause you’re a real workin man.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Name:  20190921_083024.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  137.3 KB

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast