Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Veto packs

Post Likes
    Nice. Organized and accessible.

Post Likes
    I was looking for some backpack strap attachment for the standard pac a while ago. Could probably think of something better than two shoulder straps. I can't go back to one strap over one shoulder.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Nice. Organized and accessible.
    Needs some LED's and a magnet bar across the top. Ever notice all the good ideas posted here over the last decade end up in other bags besides VETO. Maybe stretchy pockets got mentioned once and taller bags to fit obnoxious Fieldpiece meters but that's it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I was looking for some backpack strap attachment for the standard pac a while ago. Could probably think of something better than two shoulder straps. I can't go back to one strap over one shoulder.
    You mean converting an LC style to a backpack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    You mean converting an LC style to a backpack?

Yeah. I used to use two straps on a LC and XL Laptop bag. The wider XL worked better with two straps. The weight carries on the reinforced rings. The straps on the backpack put most of the stress on the zippers. The backpack actually has those reinforced rings where a shoulder strap would go. The backpack straps are a poor design for the most part imo.
    The backpack is like hooking the shoulder strap on the front flap rings on a standard pack. You just wouldn't think to do something that dumb.

Post Likes
    Here's a shot of one spot where the zipper stitching wore out. Not surprising this zipper was attached with only one row of stitching. Is any of this making sense and really I'm the only one? I doubt it. Did you see the video? That's right where the backpack flexes. The traditional packs don't flex there or have any force pulled on them unless the bag is overstuffed. Not so on the backpack. Rodger blaming me for the 5hit design. Give me a break.

Name:  IMG_20191009_133542-960x540.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  262.2 KB

The other worn out spots are where the straps connect to the flap (zipper sewn in with only one row of stiches) down low.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Yeah. I used to use two straps on a LC and XL Laptop bag. The wider XL worked better with two straps. The weight carries on the reinforced rings. The straps on the backpack put most of the stress on the zippers. The backpack actually has those reinforced rings where a shoulder strap would go. The backpack straps are a poor design for the most part imo.
    The backpack is like hooking the shoulder strap on the front flap rings on a standard pack. You just wouldn't think to do something that dumb.
    Bet you could modify the suspenders from a tool belt such as this one to work. The bag would hang a bit lower though.

Post Likes
    This style would work even easier.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    This is an open forum. Please watch your language.

Bet you could modify the suspenders from a tool belt such as this one to work. The bag would hang a bit lower though.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    That would work too, same thing I was looking for.
    But the easiest for me to find was the tool pouches, and also fall protection, but thats way expensive to buy just to steal the suspension from.

Post Likes

I just looked at my tech pack lt and it has two stitches on the zipper. At least on the front compartment ement. I'll take a look at my tech Pac MC and tech Pac tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I just looked at my tech pack lt and it has two stitches on the zipper. At least on the front compartment ement. I'll take a look at my tech Pac MC and tech Pac tomorrow.
    It's the back flap on the tech pac where the shoulder straps are connected that is the issue.
    Flap side of zipper is the one row of stitches. In the rear the bag side of the zipper has two rows the flap side has one row. The front flap both sides of the zipper has two rows of stitches. Makes no sense to have the weakest attached zipper at the point where the shoulder straps connect to the bag!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast