Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Veto packs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    527
    Post Likes

    Veto packs

    Anybody had an issue with veto's " zero downtime" warranty?
    Appears that zero actually means 7-10 days.
    Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with them.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Likes
    I thought they sent you a temp bag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    527
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    They do.....in 7-10 days. When I called they advised to just keep using the old bag until the temp bag shows up in 7-10 working days. Too bad the zipper holding the tools in is broke letting the backpack flop around.
    For a three hundred dollar bag, I would expect a little more.
    Rant concluded.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,569
    Post Likes
    Broken zipper in five years is pretty much a guaranteed thing. They still get pissy about it like you did something wrong by using the thing everyday. If you had a bunch of their bags and you are constantly calling about the broken zippers they get to be very difficult to deal with about the broken zippers. At least they did with me. I fixed the situation with not buying anymore of their products.

  5. Likes Core_d liked this post.
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,569
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by technocratic View Post
    They do.....in 7-10 days. When I called they advised to just keep using the old bag until the temp bag shows up in 7-10 working days. Too bad the zipper holding the tools in is broke letting the backpack flop around.
    For a three hundred dollar bag, I would expect a little more.
    Rant concluded.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The back pack was the worst for pulled out zipper stitching. That pack was the tipping point. Zippers were seen in for **** on those. Too much movement wears the stitches out. Yes BS for how much they cost.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    400
    Post Likes

    Veto packs

    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The back pack was the worst for pulled out zipper stitching. That pack was the tipping point. Zippers were seen in for **** on those. Too much movement wears the stitches out. Yes BS for how much they cost.
    My backpack broke on the zipper stitching just like how you mentioned. Mine just sat in the truck more than it actually got used, and it still broke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    Three hundred bucks? Holy crapola Batman!! I should snap a photo of my service call / PM tools. And for what it is worth, I can do as much with my stuff as my co-workers can with their huge over stuffed back packs.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    Name:  20190921_083024.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  137.3 KB
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    Since the vast majority of what I do is light commercial, and on a roof top, I use the rope to pull up my little yellow bucket. These days, I want both hands on the ladder.

    The little yellow bucket has a bit of a back story. My Uncle Jimmy passed away a few years ago. And he had lots of tools. But so do I. Really don't need any more. But my Aunt was insistent that I take something, if for no other reason than the memories. So I chose a couple of small wood carving tools, things I've never seen before, and have no clue what they are used for. And a couple of pairs of Vice Grips, can't really have too many of those.

    So she said, here, put that stuff in this bucket, it'll be easier to carry home.

    I've never used a single one of those tools. But I've used that bucket every single day I've been on the job since.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  11. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
  12. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    Me old school.

    Over the shoulder tool pouches.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    4,206
    Post Likes
    my backpack 3 seasons in and no damage whats so ever, its overloaded , abused and so far im happy to not have any issues YET..surprised because i heard all these zipper issues and warranty changing etc but im a lucky one i guess..

  14. Likes Zamoramax liked this post.
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212
    Post Likes
    Actually Ive had great experiences with the bags and the warranty stuff. I forgot to close and lock on of my side boxes one weekend and when I was on my commute my LT backpack fell out onto the highway. 18 wheeler ran over it with just about every tire. The molded bottom blew out but the zippers and all my tools made it out without a scratch or dent. I have no idea how to this day but Im sure glad I had them in that bag. Emailed them and they sent one right out. Sure I had to wait like 4 days but what else could u expect. Zip ties and duct tape got me through. And when I got the loaner bag it was the upgraded version. They just said keep it and well keep the broken bag.

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    Thats besause youre a real workin man.


    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Name:  20190921_083024.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  137.3 KB

  17. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    Yeah, that I am.

    And on that note, I hate it when I see a Tech strip out an electrical screw with a 4 in 1 driver. I love the 3 Klein srewdrivers that I carry in that pouch. They fit the electrcal lugs perfectly.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    838
    Post Likes
    My set up is similar. All you need is an over the shoulder electricians pouch. Preferably leather

    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Yeah, that I am.

    And on that note, I hate it when I see a Tech strip out an electrical screw with a 4 in 1 driver. I love the 3 Klein srewdrivers that I carry in that pouch. They fit the electrcal lugs perfectly.

  19. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    27,412
    Post Likes
    I like leather.

    Did you notice that my other pouch wore out and I bought black leather?

    Mmmmm . . . Black leather.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  20. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
  21. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,569
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    My backpack broke on the zipper stitching just like how you mentioned. Mine just sat in the truck more than it actually got used, and it still broke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,569
    Post Likes
    I see that's a four year old video of a brand new replacement bag. That back pack is held together with bungee cords for the last couple of years!

  23. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    10,619
    Post Likes
    The warranty doesn't apply to bags bought from all sellers. Here's a link to their warranty policy:

    https://vetopropac.com/warranty-policy/

    Does anyone know if TTT is considered to be an Authorized distributor?

  24. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    515
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    my backpack 3 seasons in and no damage whats so ever, its overloaded , abused and so far im happy to not have any issues YET..surprised because i heard all these zipper issues and warranty changing etc but im a lucky one i guess..
    X2. My pac must weight 50-60lbs. No issues about 3 years in...

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •