+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Communnicating to a XL10 VAV via WEBs800

Post Likes

Communnicating to a XL10 VAV via WEBs800

Hello all,

I'm attempting to communicate and live discover an Honeywell XL10 VAV through a WEBs 8000 running N4.6 . When I enable the local lon device and configure the comm setting for the LON module, and hit discover. I get the following error...

Failed [11:20:58 20-Sep-19] Unexpected exception in BLonDiscoverJob.
    javax.baja.lonworks.LonException: sendNormal failed
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonComm.doLonCommSen dNormal(NLonComm.java:448)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonComm.sendNormal(N LonComm.java:369)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonComm.sendUnackRep eat(NLonComm.java:354)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.util.NmUtil.setRespondToQuery (NmUtil.java:759)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.util.NmUtil.initDiscover(NmUt il.java:700)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.netmgmt.BLonDiscoverJob.doDis cover(BLonDiscoverJob.java:88)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.netmgmt.BLonDiscoverJob.run(B LonDiscoverJob.java:67)
    at javax.baja.util.Worker.process(Worker.java:168)
    at javax.baja.util.Worker$Processor.run(Worker.java:1 41)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: javax.baja.lonworks.LonException: Failed transmit to lonDriver.
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonLinkLayer$LonTran smitDriver.run(NLonLinkLayer.java:405)
    ... 1 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.tridium.platLon.BLonPlatformServiceQnx.write(B LonPlatformServiceQnx.java:106)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonLinkLayer$LonTran smitDriver.run(NLonLinkLayer.java:389)
    ... 1 more
    javax.baja.lonworks.LonException: Failed transmit to lonDriver.
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonLinkLayer$LonTran smitDriver.run(NLonLinkLayer.java:405)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.tridium.platLon.BLonPlatformServiceQnx.write(B LonPlatformServiceQnx.java:106)
    at com.tridium.lonworks.loncomm.NLonLinkLayer$LonTran smitDriver.run(NLonLinkLayer.java:389)
    ... 1 more
    java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm not getting any comm lights on the module. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Post Likes
    When you enable the local device, is the status ok?
    What is the status of your lon network?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    A lot of the X10 controllers depending on age probably were commissioned with LonSpec. Different domain length ID is something to consider.

Post Likes
    Thank you all for the reponses. Turns out all I need to do was reboot the Station and these errors cleared up and I was able to communicate to the controller. Hate when its that easy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in