Post Likes

Mini split in Manufactured home

Double wide type thing made in 85 in very good shape been sided etc in NC Usa. even with no heat on for a week in winter in shade pretty much house maintains about 50 degrees inside with people and movement. the house has a closet downflow elec heat system heil i believe and a outdoor Ac unit payne.. maybe 1.5 ton looking small .. I want to take a 24K mini split out door unit and use a mini air handler and blow into my crossover duct? The duct is in floor cavity 4x10 its not hanging its built in and works well . right now the Payne A/C keeps it pretty danged cold in 95 temps i think comes on 3 times an hour or similar. the mini split min handlers look like theyre about 800 cfm . my local installer hasnt got up 2 speed on alternative installs yet. he working on.. this house also has a Progress Hybrid woodstove.that does generally get used some in winter. I do not know much about the mini air handlers . Im also looking at LG V series and the full size handlers . me thinks smaller would be better .we are hot folks we do not run much heat at all. i do not notice any big leaks in the structure wen its cold its pretty even through out .

Post Likes
    Ducted minis do not like static pressure. I wouldn’t do it!

Post Likes

Mini split in Manufactured home

Ducted minis do not like static pressure. I wouldn’t do it!..... so im guessing this static is the press the hole or duct puts against the fan hence mini handler sucks from behind and only blows free or str8 into space . so its LG V system with its air handler
    thats made for duct work. its only like $ bucks in price differnce mini floor or wall vs lg full size handler .
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Post Likes
    A mobile home is NOT the place to install your first minisplit system. Have you been trained on any of them? Plus you should confer with the manufacturer's application department for anything non-standard.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dee View Post
    Ducted minis do not like static pressure. I wouldn’t do it!..... so im guessing this static is the press the hole or duct puts against the fan hence mini handler sucks from behind and only blows free or str8 into space . so its LG V system with its air handler
    thats made for duct work. its only like $ bucks in price differnce mini floor or wall vs lg full size handler .
    For a guy with all your credentials in your profile, I would expect you to know what "this static press" is.
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-20-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    what credentials i have none just gonna reclain closet bud . it aint rocket science i dont spend all day look at Ac equip. just needed to know a lil about mini handlers they just blow free no duct hence the mini wheels inside.. simple i need full sz air handler LG V series . $$ tnx big guy .
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-20-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Post Likes
    i know many profs in this buis . i also know many of ya like to try n keep it as complicated as possible . the big companies make it so it aint so . they dont want peoples opinionated BS in their product mix. matter fact most i know in this arena if theyre not company owners . they fairly low on edumacation scale.. guys have fun . out to fly the Warrior today in carolina blue skies . enjoy yall.

Post Likes
    Sorry, this is not a DIY site.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?