Post Likes

Thermo electric refrigeration

Does anyone know the efficiency and performance of thermo electric cooling? All the new incubators here at the university are now going in that direction.
    Seems to me that it would have replaced conventional refrigeration in most cases along time ago. Just wondering why they haven't.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Wikipedia says it's highly inefficient and costly. That's about all I got....
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    They spent about 3min in school discussing this, and yeah it wasn’t efficient, or feasible on a large scale. That’s why Coleman coolers were about as large as it got.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by navyguy1 View Post
    Does anyone know the efficiency and performance of thermo electric cooling? All the new incubators here at the university are now going in that direction.
    Seems to me that it would have replaced conventional refrigeration in most cases along time ago. Just wondering why they haven't.

Thanks
    Hay SeaBee, For a little tease,try RSES SAM# 630-101,,"THERMOELECTRIC REFRIGERATION'. It is in picnic coolers,beverage coolers,clothes and even what you are talking about.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by navyguy1 View Post

Thanks
    Inefficient
    Temps swings & highly unreliable especially if used
    In university testing environment.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.