Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Truth hurts, huh..
    The truth is you don't know what happened out there that day, and you can't wrap your head around a contractor being at least partially responsible for the hazards they put out in public.

He was a professional contractor. Not a motorist. His job was to follow his rules and safely redirect traffic. He did not do that!

Post Likes
    I'll give you a hint, I'm a great grandfather.
    I'm speechless.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I'm speechless.
    We can hope..

Sent from The Lions Lair
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    We can hope..
    This whole event has changed me. I have seen evil up close and want to take far less of people's crap.

I give a lot of leeway here but have put a few on 'ignore' that have gone too far. Try a little harder at offering substantive comments. If what you are writing is the best you can do...well...

Post Likes
    GC, a couple quick questions.

Was the truck/trailer blocking a car lane or just the bike lane?

If a 80 year old lady driving a Crown Vic had the car die and it ended up in the exact same situation and you hit her would she be more or less liable than the trailer you hit?

The hot blonde scenario, if a 2x4 fell out of a truck and she trips over it is she more or less responsible for her injuries?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    GC, a couple quick questions.

Was the truck/trailer blocking a car lane or just the bike lane?
    Thanks for the good questions. A juror asked my professional witness the same one.

It was blocking a 7' wide bike lane that was marked "no stopping any time." This section of road had legal turnouts that they chose not to use. He also could have positioned his flatbed truck's right wheels onto the dirt and left clear passage for me on his left. But instead he blocked the whole bike lane and extended his bed into the #2 lane. He testified that he did not know that it was a bike lane. Nor was he aware that at least 400 bikes ride that road every Saturday. He forced me into 70mph traffic to pass or to come to a complete stop. Since it was impossible to pass the truck if traffic was present, maybe a 'prepare to stop' sign should have been used. But he was legally required to at least set out cones.

If a 80 year old lady driving a Crown Vic had the car die and it ended up in the exact same situation and you hit her would she be more or less liable than the trailer you hit?
    The big difference is that they were professional road workers. Just like we are professional contractors. If a kid left his skateboard on the sidewalk and a pedestrian tripped on it, I doubt the kid would be legally responsible. But if a contractor left debris on the sidewalk and somebody got hurt, it would be a different set of standards applied. This was not an emergency like the lady in the crown vic. It was a poorly planned work stop.

The hot blonde scenario, if a 2x4 fell out of a truck and she trips over it is she more or less responsible for her injuries?
    Not if the contractor did not know about the debris that fell out of his truck. If the contractor was working and knowingly left debris in public and failed to warn the public of it with yellow tape, you can bet he would be partially responsible for any injuries.

How this is not understood by a board of professional contractors blows me away.

Post Likes
    Of course there are frivolous claims and lawsuits. But you used the word "huge percentage." I guess that could be 10% or 90%. A bit cryptic.

You mention those that scam insurance companies. Are you aware that insurance companies often refuse to pay unless you have an attorney and can realistically threaten to sue? That is a reality too that you are excluding from the conversation.

Answer me this: If I left a 2x4 on the sidewalk and a cute lady tripped on it and hurt herself badly...and there was no yellow tape around my work area, would you tell her that it is ALL her fault because she should have seen it? And the permanent scar of her face and shattered kneecap is ALL on her?

To some all that would matter is how big her boobs were and if she was a Democrat or a Republican.
    Yes. I can't give you a number. What I do know is that every personal injury attorney that I know of, that others know of are what we used to call 'ambulance chasers'. And any P.I. law firm that has their face plastered on billboards all over town (and there are a lot) is milking the industry. "One Call, That's All"..."Call the Strong Arm!"...I could go on.

That's not to say that there aren't legitimate personal injury lawyers. But AFAICT, they're in the majority. I'm also not saying that all personal injury claims are bogus. I have no statistics on that. But I do know that were minor auto accidents are concerned, there are a lot of law suits, the majority of those are bogus.

I'm not referring to your case. You don't strike me as the type to extort money, but I do think you have difficulty letting go of what you consider to be matters of principle.

Post Likes
    GC is one of the progressive Marxists who would sue a firearms manufacturer when the gun worked perfectly but the firearms manufacturer is held responsible because their gun was used in a crime. This is CGs mentality. Now as he shares some of the details of his own courtroom drama it is exposing him as that type.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

10. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Yes. I can't give you a number. What I do know is that every personal injury attorney that I know of, that others know of are what we used to call 'ambulance chasers'. And any P.I. law firm that has their face plastered on billboards all over town (and there are a lot) is milking the industry. "One Call, That's All"..."Call the Strong Arm!"...I could go on.

That's not to say that there aren't legitimate personal injury lawyers. But AFAICT, they're in the majority. I'm also not saying that all personal injury claims are bogus. I have no statistics on that. But I do know that were minor auto accidents are concerned, there are a lot of law suits, the majority of those are bogus.

I'm not referring to your case. You don't strike me as the type to extort money, but I do think you have difficulty letting go of what you consider to be matters of principle.
    I saw the evil side of our legal system up close. It will take a while to get over it. I saw one lawyer dominate another and I was the loser.

To hear of another getting raped is entirely different than getting raped yourself. I'm healing though.

Post Likes
    I don't know exactly how legal fees are figured into the award. My assumption is that they are not. The lawyer and plaintiff are paid a percentage of the total award after trial costs are paid.

Vin, please respond to the 2x4 question.
    Answer me this: If I left a 2x4 on the sidewalk and a cute lady tripped on it and hurt herself badly...and there was no yellow tape around my work area, would you tell her that it is ALL her fault because she should have seen it? And the permanent scar of her face and shattered kneecap is ALL on her?
    I'm not sure how to answer that. On one hand, you should have picked up the 2x4, on the other, the cute lady should watch where she's walking.

The question on my mind is this: When do people like the cute lady take responsibility for themselves? The situation is that you failed to pick up the 2x4, she failed to exercise due care in seeing where she was walking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    GC is one of the progressive Marxists who would sue a firearms manufacturer when the gun worked perfectly but the firearms manufacturer is held responsible because their gun was used in a crime. This is CGs mentality. Now as he shares some of the details of his own courtroom drama it is exposing him as that type.
    Grow a pair and respond to my 2x4 question. Would a contractor be responsible if he left debris on the sidewalk, without any yellow tape, and a cute, young girl fell and got seriously hurt?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer that. On one hand, you should have picked up the 2x4, on the other, the cute lady should watch where she's walking.

The question on my mind is this: When do people like the cute lady take responsibility for themselves? The situation is that you failed to pick up the 2x4, she failed to exercise due care in seeing where she was walking.
    The answer is they are both at fault and were negligent. They should share in the losses. Since the lady has a permanently disfigured/malfunctioning body now, it is her loses that should be split.

Why should she pay the whole price when the contractor was also negligent? "You should have seen it" only goes so far.

Post Likes
    The truth is you don't know what happened out there that day, and you can't wrap your head around a contractor being at least partially responsible for the hazards they put out in public.

He was a professional contractor. Not a motorist. His job was to follow his rules and safely redirect traffic. He did not do that!
    That's what all people who file frivolous lawsuits say.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

16. Likes lions_lair liked this post
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast