Post Likes

Canatal high pressure alarm on chilled water unit ?

i was working on a series 9 Canatal chilled water coil server room unit today that wouldn't restart after a power outage. There was a fan overcurrent alarm that was cleared but it still wouldn't restart until clicking the 'reset setting' button' on the data re-initialization page on page 4 of the test mode tab.
    That made it run again with cooling engaged but it is showing a 'high pressure' alarm on startup now. That seems odd when it has no compressors and is only using a chilled water coil. It hasn't happened before either, as far as i can see on the history. Has anyone seen this problem before ?

Post Likes
    I’m not familiar with that unit. Could it be high loop pressure on the chilled coil? Is there a pressure switch or pressure transducer on that circuit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    How warm did the chilled water get? May have to throttle flow down until below minimum temp!

Post Likes
    From what I can find that unit has several configurations available, with or without compressors. Maybe there is one control panel available that is configured, or programmed, to each application. Maybe that programming was affected by the outage. I would verify the correct programming is still installed.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".

Post Likes
    Thanks for the input. I talked to Vlad at ClimateWorx today who let me know the alarm configurations must have been altered on the reset. Sure enough that's what it was... the low and high pressure alarms and short cycling alarms had been activated after the reset. It was fairly easy to correct it on the alarms config page.

Post Likes
    Good ol’ canatal units. Man i really dislike Climateworx and canatal. Glad u got it fixed. You can download the m52 IOM from their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by isleofvanman View Post
    Thanks for the input. I talked to Vlad at ClimateWorx today who let me know the alarm configurations must have been altered on the reset. Sure enough that's what it was... the low and high pressure alarms and short cycling alarms had been activated after the reset. It was fairly easy to correct it on the alarms config page.
    Glad you got it solved.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.
    In honor of RichardL: "Ain't 'None' of us as smart as 'All' of us".