+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how fix broken faucet?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    You could replace the cartridge. If it doesn't come with a new screw, match one up at HD or somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    cant get it out

Post Likes
    They make a tool that you insert into the two flats that allows you to spin the cartridge. Usually after you are able to spin the cartridge, it frees it up.
    Check with a good plumbing supply house for this tool. If you get a replacement cartridge it comes with a plastic tool, the plastic tool will break, ask for a metal one. Also penetrating oil will help to free up the rubber gaskets.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Heres a set of pro tips in order to do repair.

1- make sure water to home is off.
    2- drain some water in home to alleviate pressure
    3- Tap broken screw lightly with a screw driver handle or flat head driver and a wrench. This is to loosen the hold on the threads.

4- if this does not work- you use a dremel to cut a flat blade shape into the screw.
    5 - thread out screw.
    6 - Remove clip on top (horseshoe shape).
    7- Make sure to utilize moen cartridge puller - it appears you have a 1222B cartridge. These are common.

8- Clean and lubricate valve body- then reverse your steps making sure to note the “H” must be at the 9 o’clock position when installed.

9- Take me out for Starbucks after singing in the hot shower you had; knowing you saved 200.00 not calling a plumber.

Post Likes
    I was going to say, Bathroom Remodel, but Calgaryhvac seems to have something cheaper... LOL

Post Likes
    30 minutes or it’s free

8. Likes RMSG01 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgaryhvac View Post
    30 minutes or it’s free
    I never was late delivering pizzas, even if they handed me 3 to deliver at different locations.

Post Likes
    I was in such issue and got very frustrated on my weekend but I got lead to Bristol Emergency Plumbers who were dedicated to provide top quality Plumbing services EVEN ON WEEKENDS which made by day and make my wife and kids happy so we can enjoy our OFF day happily.
    I really recommend to get services from PLUMBERS BRISTOL (Friendly, Professional and efficient)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in