+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alerton control issue

Post Likes

Alerton control issue

I have an Alerton VAV controller "VAV-SD2A controlling a Belimo LMB24-3-T. The problem I'm having is the binary outputs for driving the damper open and closed are both energized, driving the damper to full open. All leds are lit, and it is reporting 0 cfm to the front end. The Compass software shows no alarms and the status led is blinking 3 times indicating no fault.
    I believe the controller has failed, but I am reluctant to condemn the controller, because its almost always something else. Has anybody else seen this? Thanks for any help.
    Regards
    Coolairman

Post Likes
    Sounds like a bad controller, but...both outputs are energized, but it is actually driving full open or the damper position shows full open? Did you verify that the outputs aren't overridden?

Post Likes
    0 CFM = Full open trying to achieve CFM setpoint. Can you override the CFM reading to above setpoint and see if the damper begins to close, this would verify if the controller is functioning or not.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    I changed the controller and it appears to be working, but some of the values are not showing on the graphics page. I'm new to this system so I'm trying to move up on the learning curve. I tried to do a restart but Compass is asking for a password and it's nowhere in my textbook. Does anyone out there know it?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolairman View Post
    I changed the controller and it appears to be working, but some of the values are not showing on the graphics page. I'm new to this system so I'm trying to move up on the learning curve. I tried to do a restart but Compass is asking for a password and it's nowhere in my textbook. Does anyone out there know it?
    Thanks
    What did you try to restart? Compass?

Post Likes
    Hello Everyone,

I am having issues installing ABS 2.6 and EBT 2.0 on my windows 10 machine (might be the issue right there)

The software seems to download fine except for the USB lock drivers... When prompted to download the HASP HL file after Envision is downloaded, i get an error say it failed to download. When i try to remove the software in "add/remove" settings i get an error saying its cant find "C:/Windows/System32/UNWISE.EXE.

Any thoughts? Am i missing a driver here?

The USB key light is not lit up when i go through this process

Post Likes
    There are updated drivers for HASP. Drop me an email. As I can remember the Alerton USB key does not have an LED.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in