Post Likes

Metasys system configuration tool

I have this software metasys system configuration tool ver 12.0.0.2943
    Whenever I want to upload the NAE Device he keep showing.
    Login ID is not Ok
    Could not ping Device (192.168.1.52 Host: NAE35-B3-1)

But I can login into the NAE metasys with no problem.

Post Likes
    try to do new site in sct and then sitediscovery

Post Likes
    Same problem.
    It still showing login ID not OK

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HongSong View Post
    Same problem.
    It still showing login ID not OK
    This LoginID not ok means that your credentials are no good, or that you cannot reach the device from the location SCT is running from. Likely you are using credentials in sct, that are not the same as the credentials in your target NAE.

The same screen that tells you your login Id is no good will also be the place to enter creds your NAE likes. There also is a 'communicate via the site director' option. It is entirely possible you are accessing NAE2 (for example) by logging into NAE1 first. Then NAE1 is telling NAE2 that you are cool, even though the creds you use are not actually in NAE2. So also try checking that box depending on your site. There is a 'test login credentials' button. Keep trying until you get a good message there.

OR

Your laptop is on a subnet that reaches the NAE and the server that has SCT on it. But the server with SCT cannot see the NAE. When you login to SCT, you are driving the PC that has it installed, so take that into consideration. Not being able to ping it is a problem.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    To upload an NAE you can only do this using the metasyssysagent login.

When you say you can log into the NAE I am assuming this is with another login which will not work for the upload password.

On older pre version 6 (I think) NAEs the password was XMG3-Rel.1

After that you had to put in a unique password so it could be anything.

I'm an ex JCI engineer. Left the business after v6 and still support various metasys installations. However Johnson Controls don't make it easy!

Post Likes
    Hi,

1Ί You can download or upload with any user who has admins rigths.

2Ί If you are sure that you user password is correct, go to you host file in windows and put the nae's dns (NAE35-B3-1) and IP (192.168.1.52). Do not forget to delete it when you finish the job. If you go to another facility that uses the same IP, you will have the same problem.

Regards.

Post Likes
    That's interesting what you say about being able to upload with any user with admin rights, as I've tried this with various logins created and the only one that seems to allow an upload is the metasyssysagent login.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ghorne87 View Post
    That's interesting what you say about being able to upload with any user with admin rights, as I've tried this with various logins created and the only one that seems to allow an upload is the metasyssysagent login.
    wILSONA is right, but you have to have the admin user in the NAE’s security database, unless you are communicating through the site director.

Post Likes
    Good Day,

I am trying to create a new archive from the scratch on System Configuration Tool, but while inserting field points into the field controller it is not giving me any access to insert them all at once. Inserting one by one is a hectic process and the number of field devices and points are making it more difficult. I am looking for a method to insert all the field points at once into a field device like N2 protocol where we can insert a .prn file.

I do not have the any device on hand, would be glad if anyone Could help we with this issue.

SCT version 12.0
    Supervisory Device MS-NAE451L-2
    ADS Version MS-ADSLA5U-0

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukhtar Qureshi View Post
    Good Day,

I am trying to create a new archive from the scratch on System Configuration Tool, but while inserting field points into the field controller it is not giving me any access to insert them all at once. Inserting one by one is a hectic process and the number of field devices and points are making it more difficult. I am looking for a method to insert all the field points at once into a field device like N2 protocol where we can insert a .prn file.

I do not have the any device on hand, would be glad if anyone Could help we with this issue.

SCT version 12.0
    Supervisory Device MS-NAE451L-2
    ADS Version MS-ADSLA5U-0
    Use the RAC schedule and controller templates to automate the process

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    Use the RAC schedule and controller templates to automate the process
    Thankyou It Helped Alot