Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I just want to set something straight regarding the construction of the Pentagon. I have worked as and continue to on a once in awhile basis perform technical consulting service for the Pentagon. I often have access to the building blueprints and I have worked in nearly every section of the building.

What I want to set straight is that the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. There is minimal steel within the concrete walls. The building was constructed during WW2. Steel was needed for shipbuilding and it was decided to minimize the amount of steel in the Pentagon's construction. This was a unique concrete construction just because of the limits on the availability of steel due to the war effort.

I just want to reiterate that I have worked on Pentagon projects with the electricians, plumbers and hvac mechanics at the Pentagon. Several of these people were the very first responders because they were nearby when it was hit. They saw engines, landing gear and commercial aircraft seats. These were very open and honest people whom I got to know on a daily and weekly basis. According to some here in ARP either they were lying or I am lying.

It was a commercial plane that hit the Pentagon. Wishful thinking for a conspiracy is just that.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    I think the gov should release everything it has on the event... video, photos ... whatever....... Its been long enough.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I just want to set something straight regarding the construction of the Pentagon. I have worked as and continue to on a once in awhile basis perform technical consulting service for the Pentagon. I often have access to the building blueprints and I have worked in nearly every section of the building.

What I want to set straight is that the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. There is minimal steel within the concrete walls. The building was constructed during WW2. Steel was needed for shipbuilding and it was decided to minimize the amount of steel in the Pentagon's construction. This was a unique concrete construction just because of the limits on the availability of steel due to the war effort.

I just want to reiterate that I have worked on Pentagon projects with the electricians, plumbers and hvac mechanics at the Pentagon. Several of these people were the very first responders because they were nearby when it was hit. They saw engines, landing gear and commercial aircraft seats. These were very open and honest people whom I got to know on a daily and weekly basis. According to some here in ARP either they were lying or I am lying.

It was a commercial plane that hit the Pentagon. Wishful thinking for a conspiracy is just that.
    Hugh,

I even Researched the Construction of The Pentagon, & I'm having trouble finding a very interesting Documentary, put out by I believe PBS, about The Pentagon's Construction, that I've misplaced in a File. In lieu of that, Until I find the data packed one, I'll submit this one:

Structure of Pentagon helped contain 9/11 damage, engineers say
    January 23, 2003

Several structural features, including steel-reinforced columns, helped the 60-year-old Pentagon withstand the Sept. 11 attacks relatively well, a team of engineers said Thursday.

The attack on the Pentagon claimed the lives of 125 Pentagon employees and 64 passengers on American Airlines Flight 77, but it is "remarkable" that there were not more casualties, said Paul Mlakar, an engineer who led the six-member Pentagon Building Performance Study team, which was made up of engineers from both government and industry. The American Society of Civil Engineers released a report on the team's findings Thursday. "

" But the Pentagon's resilient structural system "clearly mitigated the casualties and damage that resulted from the impact and fire," the engineers concluded in their report, which was based on site inspections shortly after the attack and a seven-month review of aircraft data, eyewitness accounts and casualty records.

The building held up better than would be expected because its structural design helped it absorb energy from the impact and resist collapse, the report said. Spiral steel reinforcements prevented columns outside the impact area from breaking and allowed some columns to bear more weight when others collapsed. These are the same type of columns that protect buildings from high wind or earthquakes, Mlakar said.

Sturdy floors, held up by cross-directional beams and a grid of closely spaced girders, helped contain the damage from the impact, according to the team's report. The floor slabs contained "continuous" steel reinforcements, meaning the reinforcements continued in the areas where the floor intersected with support columns. Some of the reinforced slabs did not fall even when the columns supporting them collapsed. "

"These design features would help make all federal buildings more stable, said Mlakar, who also worked on impact reports after the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Office building in Oklahoma City, Okla. The Murrah building was not as resilient as the Pentagon, and much of the damage from that explosion could have been prevented had the building been built the same way as the Pentagon. "

https://www.govexec.com/federal-news...ers-say/13296/
    -----------

"The original cast-in-place reinforced concrete building structure had not been changed. It was designed in accordance with the American Concrete Institute’s standard ACI 501-36. The typical floor framing consisted of closely spaced columns (varying in size from approximately 21″ square at the base to 14″ square at the upper storeys) supporting short span beams, girders and one-way slabs. The 5.5″ thick slabs spanned 10′ between 14″ x 20″ beams that in turn typically spanned 10′ to 20′ to supporting girders. The girders, which were parallel to the exterior walls, spanned 20′ between supporting columns.

The roof framing was similar in concept to the floors. The perimeter exterior walls were clad in 5″ thick limestone and backed with 8″ thick unreinforced brick infill. Most of the remaining exterior walls (those adjacent to the light wells) were constructed of 10″ concrete. The design live load for the building was 150 psf.

The performance of the structure is said to have been enhanced by key features that were inherent in the original design and detailing:

Approximately 50% of the bottom beam reinforcement was extended through the columns, resulting in continuous bottom reinforcement.

All columns that supported more than one level were reinforced with spiral type horizontal reinforcement."

https://www.canadianconsultingengine...pentagon-9-11/
    ------------
    "The primary structure of the Pentagon is 42,420 steel-reinforced concrete columns. Of these, only 32 were destroyed and 15 seriously damaged. As recovery efforts continue, the structure is being shored up with pressure-treated wood posts to protect against further collapses. "

http://architectureweek.com/2001/1003/news_1-2.html
    ----------------------
    "The Pentagon was built in just 16 months, mostly of steel-reinforced concrete. Construction began on Sept. 11,1941. The five outer faces, each 922 feet long, were built of heavy layers of limestone and brick as well asconcrete. Partly because it was thought the building would ultimately become a warehouse for paper records,the structure was made especially strong"

https://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/cmh/...phase1/NYT.pdf
    -----------------

The Concrete, used in the construction of The Pentagon, was/is Steel reinforced, proven in the above documentation, & more, ... The usage of the Steel, such as a proposal to wrap the Pentagon in a Steel Facade was not approved, & in that part, about the War Effort, You are correct.

As far as what You were told by these Contractors?

Where is The Proof?

Please present Photos,Videos, Documentation etc., of the "engines, landing gear and commercial aircraft seats" found at, as well as being removed from The Pentagon Site.

"According to some here in ARP either they were lying or I am lying."

A Subtle debate tactic? In response Hugh,..... There are thousands of "Possibilities" in this conversation.

No Commercial Plane hit the Pentagon, with the resulting Fire destroying the evidence that is Commonly Found at Air Liner Crash Sites.

Two other items to add in to the conversation,....... Why didn't the Defense System, employed at the Pentagon Shoot down the Plane, before the alleged impact?

And, ..... Why is the only video that has been released, only from that Security Check Point, when The Pentagon is one of the most heavily monitored buildings in the World?

Or, .... Is the American Public to believe that Walmart & Dollar General have far greater Security Systems than Our Pentagon???

Myself,....I'm Thinking that the Government could've QUICKLY shot down any so called "Conspiracy Theories", by releasing many clips of video/pics, from the many different monitors that are spread throughout the area, where the Jet Air-liner is "Alleged" to have the Pentagon.

They Never Did that. WHY?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think the gov should release everything it has on the event... video, photos ... whatever....... Its been long enough.
    I Absolutely Agree Corny.

And once that was done, ... I Could regain MY Faith in Our Government, Support the Republican Party, & then set out proclaiming some other "Conspiracy", .... Like, ... The New Bat-woman Series coming on TV soon, will portray her as being GAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Or that Iranian drones & cruise missiles are built so well, that they can destroy refineries & pipe-lines, & yet remain mostly intact!!!!!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Hugh,

I even Researched the Construction of The Pentagon, & I'm having trouble finding a very interesting Documentary, put out by I believe PBS, about The Pentagon's Construction, that I've misplaced in a File. In lieu of that, Until I find the data packed one, I'll submit this one:

Structure of Pentagon helped contain 9/11 damage, engineers say
    January 23, 2003

Several structural features, including steel-reinforced columns, helped the 60-year-old Pentagon withstand the Sept. 11 attacks relatively well, a team of engineers said Thursday.

The attack on the Pentagon claimed the lives of 125 Pentagon employees and 64 passengers on American Airlines Flight 77, but it is "remarkable" that there were not more casualties, said Paul Mlakar, an engineer who led the six-member Pentagon Building Performance Study team, which was made up of engineers from both government and industry. The American Society of Civil Engineers released a report on the team's findings Thursday. "

" But the Pentagon's resilient structural system "clearly mitigated the casualties and damage that resulted from the impact and fire," the engineers concluded in their report, which was based on site inspections shortly after the attack and a seven-month review of aircraft data, eyewitness accounts and casualty records.

The building held up better than would be expected because its structural design helped it absorb energy from the impact and resist collapse, the report said. Spiral steel reinforcements prevented columns outside the impact area from breaking and allowed some columns to bear more weight when others collapsed. These are the same type of columns that protect buildings from high wind or earthquakes, Mlakar said.

Sturdy floors, held up by cross-directional beams and a grid of closely spaced girders, helped contain the damage from the impact, according to the team's report. The floor slabs contained "continuous" steel reinforcements, meaning the reinforcements continued in the areas where the floor intersected with support columns. Some of the reinforced slabs did not fall even when the columns supporting them collapsed. "

"These design features would help make all federal buildings more stable, said Mlakar, who also worked on impact reports after the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Office building in Oklahoma City, Okla. The Murrah building was not as resilient as the Pentagon, and much of the damage from that explosion could have been prevented had the building been built the same way as the Pentagon. "

https://www.govexec.com/federal-news...ers-say/13296/
    -----------

"The original cast-in-place reinforced concrete building structure had not been changed. It was designed in accordance with the American Concrete Institute’s standard ACI 501-36. The typical floor framing consisted of closely spaced columns (varying in size from approximately 21″ square at the base to 14″ square at the upper storeys) supporting short span beams, girders and one-way slabs. The 5.5″ thick slabs spanned 10′ between 14″ x 20″ beams that in turn typically spanned 10′ to 20′ to supporting girders. The girders, which were parallel to the exterior walls, spanned 20′ between supporting columns.

The roof framing was similar in concept to the floors. The perimeter exterior walls were clad in 5″ thick limestone and backed with 8″ thick unreinforced brick infill. Most of the remaining exterior walls (those adjacent to the light wells) were constructed of 10″ concrete. The design live load for the building was 150 psf.

The performance of the structure is said to have been enhanced by key features that were inherent in the original design and detailing:

Approximately 50% of the bottom beam reinforcement was extended through the columns, resulting in continuous bottom reinforcement.

All columns that supported more than one level were reinforced with spiral type horizontal reinforcement."

https://www.canadianconsultingengine...pentagon-9-11/
    ------------
    "The primary structure of the Pentagon is 42,420 steel-reinforced concrete columns. Of these, only 32 were destroyed and 15 seriously damaged. As recovery efforts continue, the structure is being shored up with pressure-treated wood posts to protect against further collapses. "

http://architectureweek.com/2001/1003/news_1-2.html
    ----------------------
    "The Pentagon was built in just 16 months, mostly of steel-reinforced concrete. Construction began on Sept. 11,1941. The five outer faces, each 922 feet long, were built of heavy layers of limestone and brick as well asconcrete. Partly because it was thought the building would ultimately become a warehouse for paper records,the structure was made especially strong"

https://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/cmh/...phase1/NYT.pdf
    -----------------

The Concrete, used in the construction of The Pentagon, was/is Steel reinforced, proven in the above documentation, & more, ... The usage of the Steel, such as a proposal to wrap the Pentagon in a Steel Facade was not approved, & in that part, about the War Effort, You are correct.

As far as what You were told by these Contractors?

Where is The Proof?

Please present Photos,Videos, Documentation etc., of the "engines, landing gear and commercial aircraft seats" found at, as well as being removed from The Pentagon Site.

"According to some here in ARP either they were lying or I am lying."

A Subtle debate tactic? In response Hugh,..... There are thousands of "Possibilities" in this conversation.

No Commercial Plane hit the Pentagon, with the resulting Fire destroying the evidence that is Commonly Found at Air Liner Crash Sites.

Two other items to add in to the conversation,....... Why didn't the Defense System, employed at the Pentagon Shoot down the Plane, before the alleged impact?

And, ..... Why is the only video that has been released, only from that Security Check Point, when The Pentagon is one of the most heavily monitored buildings in the World?

Or, .... Is the American Public to believe that Walmart & Dollar General have far greater Security Systems than Our Pentagon???

Myself,....I'm Thinking that the Government could've QUICKLY shot down any so called "Conspiracy Theories", by releasing many clips of video/pics, from the many different monitors that are spread throughout the area, where the Jet Air-liner is "Alleged" to have the Pentagon.

They Never Did that. WHY?
    I have had access to the building blueprints. The actual sets we use in the Pentagon. The entire original set plus each of the subsequent sets from the remodels. A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon. Much less than any other concrete building prior or after the war.

Post Likes
    I have had access to the building blueprints. The actual sets we use in the Pentagon. The entire original set plus each of the subsequent sets from the remodels. A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon. Much less than any other concrete building prior or after the war.
    And Hugh, I appreciate your Input, but,...... The Concrete was "Steel Reinforced", & You've changed your statement from:

"What I want to set straight is that the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. "

to:

" A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon."

Post Likes
    And Hugh, I appreciate your Input, but,...... The Concrete was "Steel Reinforced", & You've changed your statement from:

"What I want to set straight is that the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. "

to:

" A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon."
    First of all, I have not given serious consideration to the conspiracy stuff regarding the Pentagon since I already had and have first hand knowledge of working in the building, from the basement to the fifth floor and the roof. As well as my personal connection with the maint staff who were there and were the very first responders.

Nor am I in a court of law here. Nor am I a concrete construction specialist. However, I have looked over, used the blueprints on a daily basis and accessed the electrical rooms, plumbing chases, crawl spaces, nooks and ceilings. I am telling you a MINIMUM amount of steel was used in construction of a concrete building that normally would have had far more steel in its construction.

I can also tell you that the plumbers and electricians were forthright, honest, civil, easy going types with no reason to lie regarding what they saw. In addition, they lost people they knew personally. You think they were paid off or threatened or something? No way! I worked with these guys long term on projects and they are decent, open and honest guys.

Post Likes
    When I find that Documentary Hugh, about the Pentagon being constructed, it should clarify what I am Stating. It contains pictures, engineering reports, etc. from when the ground was first excavated to the finishing touches as the building was becoming occupied.

Those pictures plainly show Steel being used, in what appears to be an abundant manner, in the forms, footers, piers, flooring etc., as well as the Documents that speak of it's usage.

Problem is, ... I think that I mistakenly placed that folder in another folder on my PC,.... But, I'll find it.

In lieu of that, I posted the previous articles/documents that are speaking of the usage of Steel, in the Construction of the Pentagon.

Are those Articles "Fake News", drawn up by "Conspiracists"?

And Hugh, ..... You changed your statement from "the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. "

to "A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon." .

If this were a Refrigeration exercise, ...... Isn't there a difference between "No Sub-cooling", & a "Minimum amount of Sub-cooling"?

The Articles/Documents above speak of how the Steel Reinforced Concrete kept the building together, .... I'm not throwing out the statements from the Engineers, etc., just on hearsay.

And as far as what people say, ..... Many proclaimed that Hitler, Mao, Stalin, & Pol Pot, Slick Willy, Th' Bamer, Bubba Jr.,were Great Leaders, &,..... Look at how that turned out.

Whenever a Jet Air liner has crashed,.... There has ALWAYS been readily identifiable wreckage that even a fifth grader could easily point out.

In the case of the Pentagon, &/or Shanksville, Pennsylvania, .... That did not happen Sir.

And apparently, a growing number of Pilots, First Responders (New York Fire Commisioners), Engineers, Journalists, Chemists, etc., are proclaiming that No Jet Plane hit the Pentagon, nor crashed at Shanksville.

Are they Liars? Insane? Fools?"Conspiracists" that striving to tear down the "Deep State"?

Post Likes
    When I find that Documentary Hugh, about the Pentagon being constructed, it should clarify what I am Stating. It contains pictures, engineering reports, etc. from when the ground was first excavated to the finishing touches as the building was becoming occupied.

Those pictures plainly show Steel being used, in what appears to be an abundant manner, in the forms, footers, piers, flooring etc., as well as the Documents that speak of it's usage.

Problem is, ... I think that I mistakenly placed that folder in another folder on my PC,.... But, I'll find it.

In lieu of that, I posted the previous articles/documents that are speaking of the usage of Steel, in the Construction of the Pentagon.

Are those Articles "Fake News", drawn up by "Conspiracists"?

And Hugh, ..... You changed your statement from "the building is NOT constructed of steel reinforced concrete. "

to "A MINIMUM amount of steel was used in the walls of the Pentagon." .

If this were a Refrigeration exercise, ...... Isn't there a difference between "No Sub-cooling", & a "Minimum amount of Sub-cooling"?

The Articles/Documents above speak of how the Steel Reinforced Concrete kept the building together, .... I'm not throwing out the statements from the Engineers, etc., just on hearsay.

And as far as what people say, ..... Many proclaimed that Hitler, Mao, Stalin, & Pol Pot, Slick Willy, Th' Bamer, Bubba Jr.,were Great Leaders, &,..... Look at how that turned out.

Whenever a Jet Air liner has crashed,.... There has ALWAYS been readily identifiable wreckage that even a fifth grader could easily point out.

In the case of the Pentagon, &/or Shanksville, Pennsylvania, .... That did not happen Sir.

And apparently, a growing number of Pilots, First Responders (New York Fire Commisioners), Engineers, Journalists, Chemists, etc., are proclaiming that No Jet Plane hit the Pentagon, nor crashed at Shanksville.

Are they Liars? Insane? Fools?"Conspiracists" that striving to tear down the "Deep State"?
    Whatever! I have no issue with the official determination of what hit the Pentagon based upon my personal experience of having actually been in the Pentagon, worked in a wide variety of areas of the inner construction of the building, having actual access to the building blueprints and talking with the very first responders. Man, I can't buy any conspiracy theory after having actually been there myself.

You on the other hand, have not actually had access or been there or talked with the first responders. I notice that as a Bible student you have no problem taking the word of those who were witnesses to the resurrection of Jesus Christ and who talked to him afterwards. Witness testimony is pretty heavy stuff. And, you believe the witness testimony of people whom you did not personally meet. I met and got to know these guys working in the Pentagon.

Post Likes
    The 9/11 conspiracy shows up no matter where I go!

Post Likes
    Whatever! I have no issue with the official determination of what hit the Pentagon based upon my personal experience of having actually been in the Pentagon, worked in a wide variety of areas of the inner construction of the building, having actual access to the building blueprints and talking with the very first responders. Man, I can't buy any conspiracy theory after having actually been there myself.

You on the other hand, have not actually had access or been there or talked with the first responders. I notice that as a Bible student you have no problem taking the word of those who were witnesses to the resurrection of Jesus Christ and who talked to him afterwards. Witness testimony is pretty heavy stuff. And, you believe the witness testimony of people whom you did not personally meet. I met and got to know these guys working in the Pentagon.
    You Do Understand,.... That just as in Reading The Scriptures & Believing them, .... That when Engineers, Historians, etc., state in print, that Steel Reinforced Concrete was used in the Construction of the Pentagon,... That I'm going to Heed that "Printed Word", & when I find that now apparently "Priceless Folder" that covers the construction of the Pentagon, I'll not only have what I've already posted, but also Old Black & White Pictures, as well as Videos that show that Steel reinforced Concrete Hugh.

How about You providing Links, Data, Personal Testimonies, etc., ... Instead of just your personal Statements.

In No Way Shape nor Form, have I Ever wanted to Believe that Our Government was capable of doing what it did. But Sir, ... When the evidence keeps growing, & it can be verified, & When Professionals that were involved in 9-11, as well as Professionals involved in Chemistry, Physics, Construction, Communications, The Air Line Industry,& more, are proclaiming that No Jet Air Liner hit the Pentagon, nor crashed at Shanksville, & that Explosives brought down the Towers, & They provide volumes of Documentation,......

Do You Seriously Believe that just cuz' of a few Statements from You, BB, & Brian, are going to cause me & others to throw all of that out the window?

And, in reference to "a Bible student", .... Sir,What has been ongoing in My & Your Lifetime, Quickly Picked up Speed during & after 9-11, & it has been Prophesied of.

Post Likes
    Someone here, maybe Vin (?), stated that only 1% of the engineers in that engineering society you mentioned are on board with your conspiracy theories. Which, by default, means 99% of those engineers do not agree with you. The odds don't get much worse than that.

And, how is it that you can so easily dismiss the locals who said they saw that low flying airplane?

You Do Understand,.... That just as in Reading The Scriptures & Believing them, .... That when Engineers, Historians, etc., state in print, that Steel Reinforced Concrete was used in the Construction of the Pentagon,... That I'm going to Heed that "Printed Word", & when I find that now apparently "Priceless Folder" that covers the construction of the Pentagon, I'll not only have what I've already posted, but also Old Black & White Pictures, as well as Videos that show that Steel reinforced Concrete Hugh.

How about You providing Links, Data, Personal Testimonies, etc., ... Instead of just your personal Statements.

In No Way Shape nor Form, have I Ever wanted to Believe that Our Government was capable of doing what it did. But Sir, ... When the evidence keeps growing, & it can be verified, & When Professionals that were involved in 9-11, as well as Professionals involved in Chemistry, Physics, Construction, Communications, The Air Line Industry,& more, are proclaiming that No Jet Air Liner hit the Pentagon, nor crashed at Shanksville, & that Explosives brought down the Towers, & They provide volumes of Documentation,......

Do You Seriously Believe that just cuz' of a few Statements from You, BB, & Brian, are going to cause me & others to throw all of that out the window?

And, in reference to "a Bible student", .... Sir,What has been ongoing in My & Your Lifetime, Quickly Picked up Speed during & after 9-11, & it has been Prophesied of.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Someone here, maybe Vin (?), stated that only 1% of the engineers in that engineering society you mentioned are on board with your conspiracy theories. Which, by default, means 99% of those engineers do not agree with you. The odds don't get much worse than that.

And, how is it that you can so easily dismiss the locals who said they saw that low flying airplane?
    I'm not aware of that BB.

Actually the members of AE911 are zealous about proclaiming that the Towers were destroyed by Explosives. Contact the group, to find out.

As far as the locals? Many of their stories have proven to be lacking of proof, hear-say, & more, ... In fact, several locals, who swore that there was no plane, were quickly ridiculed, ... One is a General, now retired & he states that there was No Plane.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast