Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 28
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,616
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Many muslims are waking up.... becoming .... enlightened... to the fact that its just a bunch of iron age bullsh*t stories that were stolen from even other stories... put into book form....... and claimed to all be inspired by some magical supernatural being...... lol

    Id say in another... 100-200 years.... Islam will be the same dried up tired crap as christianity.... folks just going thru the motions cause they are expected to....

    Anyone noticed how many churches today are dropping Sunday night service and wednesday night prayer meetings ??? Most churches around here are deader than 4 oclock after noon on Sunday..... and dont meet again till next Sunday. Not all... but a very big percentage.
    Maybe, but they can blow up an awful lot of stuff in 100-200 years if we don't keep a close eye on em.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,905
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Many muslims are waking up.... becoming .... enlightened... to the fact that its just a bunch of iron age bullsh*t stories that were stolen from even other stories... put into book form....... and claimed to all be inspired by some magical supernatural being...... lol

    Id say in another... 100-200 years.... Islam will be the same dried up tired crap as christianity.... folks just going thru the motions cause they are expected to....

    Anyone noticed how many churches today are dropping Sunday night service and wednesday night prayer meetings ??? Most churches around here are deader than 4 oclock after noon on Sunday..... and dont meet again till next Sunday. Not all... but a very big percentage.
    So corn in the past you claim you were a Christian. Now apparently you are saying you are not and in fact seem to be putting Islam almost in the same light as Christianity give or take a few hundred years.

    Do you know what you are? Apparently you don't appear to be concerned about the dangerous consequences of increased Muslim immigration and birth rate in America as are a few other misguided liberal souls here in ARP.

    So what are you corn? Inquiring minds want to know. Geez give us a break and become a true American looking after the interest of America and not the rest of the screwed up world. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Ignorance in any form is a danger to society. Its people need to be aware of and weary of any imposed ideas that prevent them from advancing and evolving as a society.
    There is a place for god in society and it offers a great deal of therapy and togetherness to the soul .
    But letting it stop you from growing intellectually as a society is the biggest crime of all that quickly brings catastrophic results.


    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Religions are like labor unions.
    Necessary at one time but some use it as a crutch for bad behavior.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    895
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    AFAICT, the opposition isn't about other languages being spoken, but rather the issue of multiculturalism.
    Hmm If they didn't want other Cultures in this Country they should not erected a Statute inviting them lol or pass laws that allow them refuge and asylum. in addition many of these Individuals coming here today are no different, they want to come to America to become citizens and reap the benefits of Freedom that supposedly all Americas enjoy, But just like the hordes from years ago many bad seeds come along with them.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    895
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    In the fullness of Time - animosities fade. We were enemies with the Spanish and Germans so long ago that no one cares any more. Whereas the Arab atrocities are fresh in the present generations' minds. So it's not really a fair comparison you make here.

    PHM
    --------
    Not a comparison just an observation from my youth, it was a requirement in order graduate that one of the language courses be taken, Many of the languages offered today were not offered then well maybe Latin but definitely not Arabic, Russian, Chinese, or even sign language for that matter, now it depends on the location and the local population what additional languages are offered.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Hmm If they didn't want other Cultures in this Country they should not erected a Statute inviting them lol or pass laws that allow them refuge and asylum. in addition many of these Individuals coming here today are no different, they want to come to America to become citizens and reap the benefits of Freedom that supposedly all Americas enjoy, But just like the hordes from years ago many bad seeds come along with them.
    This is an over-simplification. The matter is more complicated that you state.

    I don't disagree that there are legitimate, respectful immigrants who come to America for the right reasons, but they are far fewer than those of yesteryear. Perhaps the real problem is that there is an insane acceptance and approval of letting anyone and everyone in, and, once here, giving carte blanche to do whatever. Not all cities/states do so, but enough to be a problem. These are often Sanctuary cities/states. No insight, no foresight, nor common sense to guide them.

    It's not about opposition to immigration, foreign languages or different cultures. It's not about race. It's not about denying people the privilege of coming to America and becoming citizens. You, being Military have a perspective that not all have. Does the Military let just anyone join their ranks, willy-nilly? Why not?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,905
    Post Likes
    Vin when I was in the military in Nam especially we had some "volunteers" from some NATO and other allied countries who wanted to serve in combat in the Army or Marines and we had a few in our unit also.

    We had a French Canadian (who we had to help with his English), a British soldier who after serving a tour in N Ireland during the "civil war" there joined our unit to see some more action and the same for a German citizen who wanted to see some action also (he could speak English a little). On the "Wall" there are citizens of over: Philippines, Italy, Canada (largest group), Switzerland, Japan, Brazil, etc. and a lot of anti Castrol Cuban exiles which are listed as US citizens.

    We all enjoyed having them and swapped stories. Also "resident aliens" were also subject to the draft. However back then you couldn't serve if you were a homo, a member of one of 500 or so subversive organizations listed by the FBI (you had to sign that you never were a member) or had a very bad criminal record.

    Nearly all the subversive groups where communist front organizations and the Klan. They would draft some felons (depending on what it was) but you couldn't join with a felony record. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Avondale AZ
    Posts
    895
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=vin lashon;25781635]

    It's not about opposition to immigration, foreign languages or different cultures. It's not about race. It's not about denying people the privilege of coming to America and becoming citizens. You, being Military have a perspective that not all have. Does the Military let just anyone join their ranks, willy-nilly? Why not?[/QUOTE

    If its not then why so much BS about teaching different languages in our schools, Problem is Americans don't like to share lol


    Its funny you mention Sanctuary Cities as I believe they are more in the nature of protecting our Southern Neighbors rather then Middle Eastern types.

    Obviously your not very well informed on Military recruiting policies or procedures you would be surprised at how many non Americans there are .https://www.military.com/join-armed-...-citizens.html There has been several articles in the past few years about Veterans being deported because they were not US citizens even though they fought for this country and served their entire enlistments Honorably.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,074
    Post Likes
    That is fine - but I'll believe it when Muslims are be willing to individually declare publicly that US Law has overriding superiority over Sharia Law. Until then - they are enemies of The State. And don't blame me - they say so themselves.

    And no; I have not noticed that. Maybe it's just the churches wherever you are? Near me in NJ churches are expanding to accommodate all their new members, adding services, and outreaching more and more into the community. Just yesterday the church closest to me held outdoor services all afternoon in my field. In fact; it was dark when the last people left. They are a damned fine bunch too - nothing dried up or crappy about them. America would be well served to have a hundred million more just like them.

    PHM
    --------



    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Many muslims are waking up.... becoming .... enlightened... to the fact that its just a bunch of iron age bullsh*t stories that were stolen from even other stories... put into book form....... and claimed to all be inspired by some magical supernatural being...... lol

    Id say in another... 100-200 years.... Islam will be the same dried up tired crap as christianity.... folks just going thru the motions cause they are expected to....

    Anyone noticed how many churches today are dropping Sunday night service and wednesday night prayer meetings ??? Most churches around here are deader than 4 oclock after noon on Sunday..... and dont meet again till next Sunday. Not all... but a very big percentage.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,489
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So corn in the past you claim you were a Christian. Now apparently you are saying you are not and in fact seem to be putting Islam almost in the same light as Christianity give or take a few hundred years.

    Do you know what you are? Apparently you don't appear to be concerned about the dangerous consequences of increased Muslim immigration and birth rate in America as are a few other misguided liberal souls here in ARP.

    So what are you corn? Inquiring minds want to know. Geez give us a break and become a true American looking after the interest of America and not the rest of the screwed up world. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    No...Im christian... sorta..... Go to a babtist church...... dont agree with everything... but .... Im in..... like Flint..... gonna be kickin it olde skoole in heaven one day Glenn... maybe....

    If my research is right though..... its only going to be young children and mentally retarded people there...... cause about everyone else..... just aint got their heart right.......... and HE knows it....... even if WE dont.

    Quit fooling yourself Glenn...... Love Everyone...... and act on that. Dont try to fake it...... cause HE KNOWS.......
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,657
    Post Likes
    The problem is religions. That doesn't mean they are bad, the problem is religions are being used by evil characters to self aggrandize them self's. One doesn't need any particular religion to be a good person.

    One may choose so for varying reasons, but has nothing to do with what we call God. That what is good (God) is automatically within all of us. We have a choice how to implement it is or not, its the choice we all have. It is so.

    Just ask yourself this, when we kill others in War, are all those we kill evil people, or have they just been misled by self centered evil persons, not to resist evil, but to gain something they would not otherwise obtain.

    There is absolutely no reason for war, for there is plenty for all to live, love, and to be happy on this earth. So one then has to ask what produces such horrors, and how is it we kill good persons, when we claim to be good persons also, and end up justifying it.

    So how long will it take before we realize that evil is attempting to control us, and how long will it be before we end it. And will we end life as we know it on this planet, and maybe end up like Mars.

    Its out choice, we just need to recognize the evil that controls us, and end it.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,074
    Post Likes
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

    Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of their darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

    But I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

    And they will Know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them.

    PHM
    -------


    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    The problem is religions. That doesn't mean they are bad, the problem is religions are being used by evil characters to self aggrandize them self's. One doesn't need any particular religion to be a good person.

    One may choose so for varying reasons, but has nothing to do with what we call God. That what is good (God) is automatically within all of us. We have a choice how to implement it is or not, its the choice we all have. It is so.

    Just ask yourself this, when we kill others in War, are all those we kill evil people, or have they just been misled by self centered evil persons, not to resist evil, but to gain something they would not otherwise obtain.

    There is absolutely no reason for war, for there is plenty for all to live, love, and to be happy on this earth. So one then has to ask what produces such horrors, and how is it we kill good persons, when we claim to be good persons also, and end up justifying it.

    So how long will it take before we realize that evil is attempting to control us, and how long will it be before we end it. And will we end life as we know it on this planet, and maybe end up like Mars.

    Its out choice, we just need to recognize the evil that controls us, and end it.

    Roy
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  14. Likes Juan Madera liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •