Post Likes

MQ & FP Probes issues maintaining connection

Anyone else seeing this? The batteries show good. I've had various troubles lately. Range doesn't seem as good, Supply & R/A Hygrometers drop fairly often when they're only 25' away. I've even had the high side pressure probe and clamp drop out when I'm right next to them. Often, when this happens, I have to close MQ, reopen it and activate the FP probes in the toolbox to get them back.

One other peculiar thing...when I turn the liquid line pipe clamp off, sometimes the button will keep 'fast flashing' for a few minutes before it goes off. I bought them in April.

This has only been happening for the last few weeks. Before that, no issues. I haven't had a chance to try them on a different phone/tablet.

Post Likes
    Ah I'm not the only one. After I updated firmware it seems my probes are dropping more often.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I haven't updated the FW. I'll be trying another phone and also a tablet to see make sure it's not a BT problem with the device I'm currently using.

Post Likes
    Are you using a BT headset? A headset or earbuds will cause that type of issue. Could also be local interference. We have not seen any issues.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Are you using a BT headset? A headset or earbuds will cause that type of issue. Could also be local interference. We have not seen any issues.
    No BT headset when using. I don't think it's MQ, unless an update was problematic with my Samsung S7. I have another phone and a tablet I've been wanting to try, but just haven't had the time to set them up. Hopefully this week. I will say that with the high pressure probe & clamp dropping out like it did (I was within a few feet), I suspect either the probes or my phone, but am leaning more toward the probes.

Post Likes
    I haven’t had the connection issues but the fast flashing when turning off thing is probably the button getting stuck. I’ve had it happen 3 or 4 times where the button gets caught at a slight angle and won’t fully pop back out. Flashes rapidly until I notice it and reset the button.

Post Likes
    I bought mine in early August-ish, seen the button flashing thing after turning it off, seems giving a light pressure 360 motion with my finger stopped it. I've seen some dropping in and out but my work so far has been way out in the sticks so I've kind of written it off as a little annoying but I can reconnect it fairly easy. The hope of course would be that these glitches could be worked out as I was always within 50 feet or usually less from any sensor, but at least I could stand in the semi-conditioned mechanical room to watch pressures stabilize instead of in the 108* ambient

Post Likes
    I'm wanting to get the FP probes, but I wear Resound hearing aids, which connect to an app on my iPhone. Am I gonna have a problem with the probes dropping out like described above?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobster View Post
    I'm wanting to get the FP probes, but I wear Resound hearing aids, which connect to an app on my iPhone. Am I gonna have a problem with the probes dropping out like described above?
    I would venture to say so. You might consider a separate tablet to run them on as the best solution. I pad mini is my recommendation.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    I have an iPhone and an iPad. I have both MQ and my hearing aid software (Resound) installed on both. Would this work, or would I need a separate iPad with a different Apple ID? Or try to remove the Resound software from the iPad?

Post Likes
    The software can be on the iPad, just do not connect the hearing aids to the iPad when the FP probe are in use
    JLB,

Post Likes
    So I could use the Resound software on my iPhone, and MQ on my iPad? That would be great, because that's kinda what I was planning on anyway...