Post Likes

Can anyone put me on the right track to find data that shows the lineset sizes.

Trane model 2 ton Geo Thermal
    Model: T26N026NNR10CN Split Geo air handler
    Model: 2GN026NNR10CNE Split Geo Compressor

Can anyone steer me to some charts that show what size line set i need for this split unit.

And can i measure the OD and that will be accurate enough..

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Generally 3/8" LL x 3/4" VL is used until you get to 3.5 or 4.0-ton systems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusEnvy View Post
    Generally 3/8" LL x 3/4" VL is used until you get to 3.5 or 4.0-ton systems.
    Thanks CircusEnvy

Post Likes
    I O M

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I O M
    YES.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Or
    DuPont's best piping practices

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I O M
    I have the IOM but not correct one.. will search for one on line based on the model number..
    Matter of fact the one i have which is close to the number shows
    1/2 x 3/4 for 60 feet but not sure its exact since not exact model.
    gotta git down to 40 feet or less to go with 3/8.... mine is suggesting a 1/2 due to my distance is closer to 80 feet and has a 40 foot climb..Most manuals show a max length of 150 ft and max climb of 50 ft so ok on the climb.. barely.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by govtom View Post
    I have the IOM but not correct one.. will search for one on line based on the model number..
    Matter of fact the one i have which is close to the number shows
    1/2 x 3/4 for 60 feet but not sure its exact since not exact model.
    gotta git down to 40 feet or less to go with 3/8.... mine is suggesting a 1/2 due to my distance is closer to 80 feet and has a 40 foot climb..Most manuals show a max length of 150 ft and max climb of 50 ft so ok on the climb.. barely.
    This is why you need the info for your EXACT model and not a guess from an internet site!!!

I tried those model numbers and came up with nothing. Even on the Trans site, nothing.

If standard nomenclature rules apply, then this is an R-22 system.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Even on the Trans site, nothing.
    The what site?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    The what site?
    Maybe mods will fix that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    This is why you need the info for your EXACT model and not a guess from an internet site!!!

I tried those model numbers and came up with nothing. Even on the Trans site, nothing.

If standard nomenclature rules apply, then this is an R-22 system.
    Thanks Pacnw... when you could find nothing it matched what I was getting.. nothing so I rechecked the model number and found the 2nd model number for compressor is correct, however being half blind the first model number for the air handler has one letter in error.. both should be T2GN026 and changing to that short model number brought me right to what I was looking for on page 10 of the PDF.. which shows line set for all models..
    My 026 shows than when it reaches 60 feet i need to go to 1/2 OD on the fluid line.... while anything below 60 feet is ok with the standard 3/8" od...

Just pulling at straws... due to long term poor cooling above 79 degrees outside but with a possible problem with fluid line since I currently have 3/8 and the fact that I have a 40 foot climb and climb max for this system is 50 ft .. wondering if I should try to convince my contractor to up size the fluid line at least to see if it helps as I am within a few inches of 80 inches now.. and 150 is my max.... and I can't find a drier in the line even checked in the compressor box.. and Trane demands it.. so if we upgrade the fluid line would be a great time to add a filter drier.. which might divert possible problems in the future..

Any thoughts on whether I might get a little more boost in cooling with this.. Don't need that much it just cannot keep up when temp reaches 79.. it cools ok below 79 and heating is fine...
    Not sure it will make a noticeable difference but pulling at any straws out there

Sorry to waste your time with a typo.. but at 75 you just don't see that well...

Thanks