Post Likes

How can I find someone to do a York repair under warranty?

I need someone to do a York repair under warranty. The installing company did some poor quality work so I won't call them again.
    I got the 10-year parts warranty when I had it installed. It's 8 years later and there's no cooling.

How can I find someone to do a York repair under warranty? The York website only shows York dealers.

Post Likes
    Any hvac company should be able to take care of your issues. You'll likely pay labor cost. 8 years later is a very decent amount of run time to blame the installing contractor. Have you had any maintenance done?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Mr Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Any hvac company should be able to take care of your issues. You'll likely pay labor cost. 8 years later is a very decent amount of run time to blame the installing contractor. Have you had any maintenance done?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been more clear. I don't blame the installing company for this failure in any way. The poor quality work that they did was later fixed by another contractor who has unfortunately left the business.

You are correct, the 10-year warranty does not cover labor. I suspect it will be a capacitor, contactor, or maybe the control board so the parts cost will probably be small compared to the labor.

Post Likes
    Try to contact York. They will try to help you.
    Blue Fox

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    I need someone to do a York repair under warranty. The installing company did some poor quality work so I won't call them again.
    I got the 10-year parts warranty when I had it installed. It's 8 years later and there's no cooling.

How can I find someone to do a York repair under warranty? The York website only shows York dealers.
    Most times you will find that the cost of the part does not justify them having to come back to put it in. You may be better off calling somebody that most likely has the part on their truck and have the repair done. Even with a free part if it is a minor part is not worth pursuing the warranty.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

7. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been more clear. I don't blame the installing company for this failure in any way. The poor quality work that they did was later fixed by another contractor who has unfortunately left the business.

You are correct, the 10-year warranty does not cover labor. I suspect it will be a capacitor, contactor, or maybe the control board so the parts cost will probably be small compared to the labor.
    Besides it may have nothing to do with a warranty part

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    Well, I looked on the York website, found any info I could on the BBB, Angie's List, Home Advisor, Buildzoom, etc. and just picked one that looked good. I lean towards the owner/operator contractors and that's what I got.

Turns out he had free time today and came over this afternoon. It was the fan motor cap. The guy was a real pro and had it done in like 15 minutes.

10. Likes Mr Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice!

12. Likes Mr Bill liked this post