Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Have you ever?

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    I did plenty of managing in my 26yrs of military service. I do not wish to ever be a manager again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That struck a common chord with me. As they warned me...once you're in charge, you spend 90% of your time on that 10%.

Nothing like being called by PMO at 3am on a Sat. morning because one of your knuckleheads got turned over to PMO by the local police for being found passed out sleeping in a street gutter. THEN...the two of us standing tall in the SgtMajor's office on Monday morning to "discuss" the matter.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

2. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Your in a loose loose situation.

SAFETY FIRST!!!

Knowingly releasing refrigerant
    Letting flanges leak / release

This all sounds bad to me.

4. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Someone early said no one wants to hear what the green guy has to say. Which is it? Was the co-worker the experienced lead tech; yup. It should have been him telling/showing me how to do the job the correct way. Did he ignore me all morning and not so much as ask me the time of day or explain to me what we were doing; yup. Is it possible he didn't want to listen to a fresh tech school grad; yup. Is it possible he was being so arrogant he failed to do the job the right way; yup. Maybe I should have said something, but I believe he wouldn't have listened to me anyway.
    Okay, now that you listed several of the possible reasons he didn't doesn't talk to you.

Other than you don't believe he would have listened to you. What good reason do you have for not warning him that he might be making a possible life threatening mistake.

You say he doesn't talk to you, and give possible reasons he doesn't. But you haven't given your reasons for you not talking to him.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Okay, now that you listed several of the possible reasons he didn't doesn't talk to you.

Other than you don't believe he would have listened to you. What good reason do you have for not warning him that he might be making a possible life threatening mistake.

You say he doesn't talk to you, and give possible reasons he doesn't. But you haven't given your reasons for you not talking to him.
    I attempted several times to initiate conversation with this person to no avail. It’s like talking to a brick wall. Tried talking work, sports, news, family, whatever and all I get is silence.

I understand what you are saying but I guess it is hard for anybody to fathom this persons attitude if your weren’t there.

A better question is why would a seasoned tech make such a rookie mistake in front of a new tech?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    That struck a common chord with me. As they warned me...once you're in charge, you spend 90% of your time on that 10%.

Nothing like being called by PMO at 3am on a Sat. morning because one of your knuckleheads got turned over to PMO by the local police for being found passed out sleeping in a street gutter. THEN...the two of us standing tall in the SgtMajor's office on Monday morning to "discuss" the matter.
    LOL, been there and done that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Your in a loose loose situation.

SAFETY FIRST!!!

Knowingly releasing refrigerant
    Letting flanges leak / release

This all sounds bad to me.
    You’re right and why he did it is beyond me. I am sure he was embarrassed by the whole incident, so I didn’t want to make matters worse after it happened by trying to talk to him about it. Again, he doesn’t talk to the other techs either, it’s not just me he will not talk to. If you call him for assistance, he has a monster attitude about it.

Post Likes
    You’re right and why he did it is beyond me. I am sure he was embarrassed by the whole incident, so I didn’t want to make matters worse after it happened by trying to talk to him about it. Again, he doesn’t talk to the other techs either, it’s not just me he will not talk to. If you call him for assistance, he has a monster attitude about it.
    !

a mistake is one thing but putting safety 2nd or 3rd is unacceptable. If management gives static for reporting it then it’s time to move on!

Sorry but I’m from the old school.....Flucks up like that need to be held accountable

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234