Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    My torch is towards the literal center of the cargo area...

The spare acy is about 5 ft from the spare O2...
    The spare O2 is close to the back where the N2 are...
    The spare acy is not far from the torch... difficult to get injured from a crash.

I have a stiff cardboard cylinder that I tape over the valve of the spare acy bottle.

And I am a fanatic about shutting off the bottle valves and draining the hoses of the torch!
    Do it when I finish welding... and ALWAYS look at the gauges on the torch kit when it goes back into the van... they MUST all read zero... or the torch does not go back into the van!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    If I’m doing service I put stuff away after each call and bill the customer. If I’m on an install I organize and restock once the install is done and bill for my time. I don’t like organizing my van on my own time. My floor isn’t clear, but it’s not piled high. I do have room to move through it.

Post Likes
    Name:  4819.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  164.6 KB

I'm not supposed to butt in here but I showed this mod to my residential a/c guy so I can share it among associates.

Screw some 1" wide x 1/8" thick aluminum bars all the way from side to side near the van ceiling, snugging them up to the underside of the horizontal areas of the body above the tops of the shelves. - The horizontal surfaces indicated by the arrows, but we did it up front.

Space them how you like -on his we put 4 of them 18" apart starting behind the crash wall. There's a good 3-4" vertical space under the roof there that's otherwise wasted. Think of it as the attic.

2-3 small alumnum pieces left over from the job were screwed vertically to the crash wall so the flters wouldn't come forward over it.

Post Likes
    Looks like your vacuum pump oil is dirty and the level is low. Probably should consider changing it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Opcom View Post
    Name:  4819.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  164.6 KB

I'm not supposed to butt in here but I showed this mod to my residential a/c guy so I can share it among associates.

Screw some 1" wide x 1/8" thick aluminum bars all the way from side to side near the van ceiling, snugging them up to the underside of the horizontal areas of the body above the tops of the shelves. - The horizontal surfaces indicated by the arrows, but we did it up front.

Space them how you like -on his we put 4 of them 18" apart starting behind the crash wall. There's a good 3-4" vertical space under the roof there that's otherwise wasted. Think of it as the attic.

2-3 small alumnum pieces left over from the job were screwed vertically to the crash wall so the flters wouldn't come forward over it.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Its actually fresh and not low, must just be the angle its sitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Come to think of it, my oil looks low until I turn the pump on.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

7. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Looks like your vacuum pump oil is dirty and the level is low. Probably should consider changing it a couple of times.
    LOL, not my pump. I havent been assigned a van yet.

Post Likes

Had to ride with this the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    So so far my first HVAC job isnt going that great. The other day I was assigned to work with the tech that works out of this van.

Is that the new Honeywell 5K 55 wide screen surround sound 3D thermostat? Kinda daring leaving copper fittings sitting up top above it like that.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

10. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    What’s the deal with the tv?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    Whats the deal with the tv?
    Wish I knew. We went by his house on the way to a job and he put it in the back.

Post Likes
    took me a second to see tv, I was looking for a big box- crt vs flat screen.

took some pics of van today after cleaning up some and culling out a box or two of extraneous stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

14. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just reading through some old posts, thought I'd share my setup. I'm an insataller if that makes any difference

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

16. Likes captube liked this post
    Post Likes
    you need better cars mikey lol never seen a roach in any van i own but i get them new most of the time or from somone i know and trust for this reason

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast