Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I know a guy who had mice in his truck. Was kind of funny he had sticky traps set up on the dash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Fender60, Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Ive never worked out of a service van, but i would think that the time it takes you to take all the crap out and "find" the part your looking for could of been avoided if you took the time to properly put away all your tools and equipment.

As a stationary mech, a messy shop can be your biggest enemy. The cleaner and more organize you can be the more time efficient you can become. Just my 2 cents...

4. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    One time I got a handed-down van - facilities had used it to transport food. They got a new van - I got their old one. I saw a roaches one time and so I set off a roach killer bomb in there - and by morning every surface in the truck was covered with dead roaches. <g>

More recently I bought a Jeep Cherokee in Florida. One day I went to the store and got some 'roach tablets' because I like to keep them around as an 'indicator'. Any sign of 'nibbling' on them means it's time to spray the house perimeter.

I dropped the box in the Jeep and it broke open. Apparently I missed picking one of the tablets because the next morning there was six or eight dead roaches laying around in the Jeep. After that experience I have kept a roach tablet under every seat in every vehicle I own. <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    I know a guy who had mice in his truck. Was kind of funny he had sticky traps set up on the dash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

6. Likes Spitz, Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    One of the yardsticks I use to determine the quality of an employee...
    Is if they understand why and make an effort to put things back where they belong, in the van!

A sense of organization seems to go along with a sense of doing the job 125% of right every time!

Speaking of which... this weekend is gonna be 're-organize' time... as I have been making notes for 2x months of stuff I need to add to the van... and a few things that I need to remove!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

8. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    You're right: that's no good - looks like he's barely got anything to work With.

PHM
    -------
    Good eye, looks like the guy doesn't do much actual work.

Post Likes
    I bought a used Dodge 250 van one time and the inside looked like someone had buffed out the paint and then used show car quality wax on it. It was amazing - especially because the outside of the van wasn't at all like that. Even the floor paint was spotless. The truck turned out to have been the standby van for a fleet of dry cleaning delivery trucks. The floor had been carpeted and the clothes had polished the interior paint. <g>

Something that I always did was to line every van interior with 1/4" plywood before building the OSHA screen and shelves and bins out of glued & screwed lumber. Then I would fill the spaces behind the plywood with styrofoam packing peanuts. After a while I felt like I was too busy to do that and just had American Van or somebody like that outfit the truck. And . . . . what a horror That SOB was! Deafening to drive and the shelves required nearly constant repair after a while. <g>

I build the interior of my Tacoma out of 1/8" aluminum diamond plate and aluminum angle and because the cab is separate; it's quiet. But for my Savana I built the shelving I added out of nice quiet plywood.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Something that I always did was to line every van interior with 1/4" plywood before building the OSHA screen and shelves and bins out of glued & screwed lumber. Then I would fill the spaces behind the plywood with styrofoam packing peanuts.
    But for my Savana I built the shelving I added out of nice quiet plywood.
    But with all that wood and styrofoam stuffed in the back, one good spark and you’ll look like Newman driving on Kramer’s highway in his mail truck. Oh the humanity! 😁😁

Post Likes
    Any better? One of our guys who takes pride in his van. We have a few that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

13. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    But with all that wood and styrofoam stuffed in the back, one good spark and you’ll look like Newman driving on Kramer’s highway in his mail truck. Oh the humanity! 
    An acetylene bottle in the back of a van...
    ANY fire = BIG BOOM...

Question guys...
    Do you carry a spare full acetylene bottle... and if so, where/how???
    At the supply houses, the acetylene and O2 bottles are supposed to be 20 or 30 ft apart...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ANY fire = BIG BOOM...

Question guys...
    At the supply houses, the acetylene and O2 bottles are supposed to be 20 or 30 ft apart...
    I wasn’t criticizing his setup. It actually sounds a hell of a lot better than mine with flimsy, floppy, rattling metal shelves. It just brought a chuckle to me picturing PHM saying Newman’s line and then telling his story on here. He always has some pretty good ones that could fit into a comedy show.

Extra bottles of both. Strapped right next to each other, cause if something happens I don’t want to limp away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Any better? One of our guys who takes pride in his van. We have a few that way.
    The first time I grabbed that ladder and had to get one of the bottom filters, that van would look like the OP’s picture It’s a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ANY fire = BIG BOOM...

Question guys...
    Corporate policy for the big boys is cylinders at the center of the bulkhead. Theory is they are farthest from any possible range from collision.

I keep all mine in rear driver’s corner. Usually have the regulator off the nitrogen. Torch set is at the side door.

Post Likes
    My van can look like the OP’s after a big install or a busy week, but I’ve made it a habit that Sunday is cleaning/restocking day. I start every week with a clean, stocked, and fueled up vehicle.

Here is today:

STUPID SITE SOFTWARE! No matter how I hold my iPhone, they always post sideways or upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

21. Likes Fender60 liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast