Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 132
  1. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    439
    Post Likes
    I believe that you asked me once when I lived in Massachusetts. I had two of them. One I bought that needed a lot of work and TLC. The other one I built from scratch. I gave them both to my son who still lives in Massachusetts and sails and races all over the Northern USA and New England.

    It has been said that Icesailing is the most fun you will ever have with your clothes on, and the fastest you will ever go that close to the ground. And live to enjoy it again.

    Have you ever ridden a 2 stroke dirt bile and gotten on the pipe and hit the Power Band? The feeling of acceleration is very close.

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    439
    Post Likes
    PHM, if you want to see neat and organized, there is a guy on YouTube, "Ron Pratt" that had a heavy truck rescue company in Missouri. He has posted a lot of his rescues on YouTube. They are of really high quality. Its sort of like the Weather Channel's "Highway Through Hell" with out all the snow. You might enjoy it if you get tired of watching the same old same old.

    I'll try to post a link to a big truck that rolled over with a big load of steel pipe.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzx2MvslmI0

  3. #107
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,666
    Post Likes
    That vid is some good stuff. I was hooked 3-4 minutes in. 7-8 minutes in now. But I don't have two hours !!

    Guess I'll just watch a little here and there. I love rigging heavy stuff; I might learn something.


    Quote Originally Posted by icesailor View Post
    PHM, if you want to see neat and organized, there is a guy on YouTube, "Ron Pratt" that had a heavy truck rescue company in Missouri. He has posted a lot of his rescues on YouTube. They are of really high quality. Its sort of like the Weather Channel's "Highway Through Hell" with out all the snow. You might enjoy it if you get tired of watching the same old same old.

    I'll try to post a link to a big truck that rolled over with a big load of steel pipe.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzx2MvslmI0
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,683
    Post Likes
    i work with someone who does this for a liveing its fun but VERY risky and he knows when to cut his losses and will say no to certian jobs no life is worth pipes or what ever

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes
    Hey! Happy New Year everyone!

    I was wondering if anyone had the list of questions they ask at the interview for NYC stationary oiler? I heard there are approximately 12 questions, one being "How do you change out a belt?"

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    793
    Post Likes
    Just figured I post a pic of my van after a day of calls plus part of an install.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hibbing, MN
    Posts
    828
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Just figured I post a pic of my van after a day of calls plus part of an install.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That shouldn’t take much to clean up. It looks like you keep a pretty organized van normally.
    One thing I bought a couple of years ago is an interior ceiling hung ladder rack. You can set it up for 3’ to 8’ ladders. It’s quick and easy to stow and retrieve.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    793
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    That shouldn’t take much to clean up. It looks like you keep a pretty organized van normally.
    One thing I bought a couple of years ago is an interior ceiling hung ladder rack. You can set it up for 3’ to 8’ ladders. It’s quick and easy to stow and retrieve.
    Yeah, it doesn’t take more than about 15 to 30 mins to clean up. But still looks messy until then.

    I would like the ladder rack if it doesn’t take longer to get the ladder out. I haven’t used one before but it seems like it might be nice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hibbing, MN
    Posts
    828
    Post Likes
    You can check out this YouTube video of the Jet Rack ladder rack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1hDZnHFIU
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    439
    Post Likes
    PHC, if you want to see rigging angles, its worth the time watching. What really interested me was all of the turning points they have for that "Tator" (Rotator)

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    439
    Post Likes
    PHM, Those rigging angles fascinate me too. O had no idea you could get that much purchase off of a stationary truck with a boom.

    This one I just posted is short. He was training his son in the operation of the Rotator.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Fpi9Vh7BY

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,409
    Post Likes
    After you bang your head on it for the tenth time you will rip that bastard right off the ceiling with your bare hands.

    Or that's what happened with mine anyway. <g>

    I had better luck with hanging the A ladder from two brackets off the top of the long-side shelves. I kept it from swinging and banging with a bungie cord. For most things I could just reach through the ladder to the shelves.




    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    . . . I would like the (ceiling) ladder rack if it doesn’t take longer to get the ladder out. I haven’t used one before but it seems like it might be nice.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  13. #117
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,666
    Post Likes
    That is one trippy rig! You think he had it custom built, or did someone else figure there might be a need for something like that?

    Just saw in this vid that the entire boom slides front to back, never noticed that in any other of his vids. Freakin' awesome!


    Quote Originally Posted by icesailor View Post
    PHM, Those rigging angles fascinate me too. O had no idea you could get that much purchase off of a stationary truck with a boom.

    This one I just posted is short. He was training his son in the operation of the Rotator.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Fpi9Vh7BY
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR