Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icesailor View Post
    Bet that that tech knows everything in that van. Someone cleans it out for him and he's useless for a month. Especially if someone rearranges his tools. <SNORT>
    THIS... is how I judge the usefulness of a helper...
    Do they put the tools back where they go!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Sadly Im a terminal slob. I must confess that I am the Oscar Madison with my service truck.
    I dont like myself for it and Im ashamed.
    I really try to keep it clean and organized but it seems like every time I start to clean it,
    I get a 911 service call. Seriously. No ghost story.
    What am I supposed to do?
    Tell the mortuary that their cold storage room will have to wait while I clean and tidy up my truck?

Post Likes
    No, you clean your truck on their dime. After you responded to their emergency call.

As far as I am concerned, you manned up and said you're a slob. Try getting that out of a 'yout' these days, LOL.

Doing service these days, my truck stays pretty much in order. By design; I've developed habits over a few decades. Put things where they belong each time you go to the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by navyguy1 View Post
    Sadly I’m a terminal slob. I must confess that I am the Oscar Madison with my service truck.
    I don’t like myself for it and I’m ashamed.
    I really try to keep it clean and organized but it seems like every time I start to clean it,
    I get a 911 service call. Seriously. No ghost story.
    What am I supposed to do?
    Tell the mortuary that their cold storage room will have to wait while I clean and tidy up my truck?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Over the last 3 decades, I had improved my organizational skills somewhat. Never as good as most but I was getting there. Now as Im approaching the last few years in this trade Im now showing the start of short term memory loss and extreme forgetfulness. My dad retired from this trade as dementia began setting in. He was a great HVAC mechanic at the time and loved to talk shop with me. Now he doesnt know the difference between freon and a flat tire.
    A bit depressing.

Post Likes
    I could always tell when my old Late boss needed to order stock and money was tight. He's spend a weekend in the shop. re-arranging the stock in the trucks. From guys not putting stock away after a job. The Boss needed to send in an order for stock. Once he put all of the stock away, he usually didn't have to send in an order. The stock was all in the trucks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678