Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Likes
    my policy is your van does not roll until its clean and organized after a days calls its cleaned out and inspected and left at the shop

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    my policy is your van does not roll until its clean and organized after a days calls its cleaned out and inspected and left at the shop
    Yeah, but who pays for that time to clean out and inspect it? Unless your footing the bill from your savings account then it’s the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Are you also supplying all of the tools and equipment?

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    i stop chargeing for my time when i walk out to the van for the final time with my tools all ready to go back in the proper places and trash ect is allready in the van ready for the trip to the dump i dont charge an hours fee to run to the dump i charge a disposal fee how much it is depends on how much crap i have to dispose of.
    every now and then a client will dispose of the old unit and then i dont chage the disposal fee but i also dont leave any parts the client can use to fix or repiar his own unit behind either
    If the customer requires me to take my tools out of my van to preform the job they are asking me to do then they are the ones who pay for my time to put those tools back. If my van becomes a mess because of the work that had to be done to fix their stuff then they also pay for the van to be put back to its original state.

Being a tech I don’t have the ability to add a disposal fee so we just need to estimate the time required and add it to the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

6. Likes Zamoramax, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    i pay them to clean the van at the end of the day and inspect each one before the tech leaves.
    My techs have pride in the work vans and keep them spotless as often as can be done in a work day.
    White glove clean maby not but clean yes

Post Likes
    first set of tools yes you lose or brake one from being careless YOU replace it out of your check

Post Likes
    If you’re employer will pay you to clean it on the clock then clean it, not everyone has the free time to clean there van on the weekends. Don’t let dispatch rush you, take the time on the clock to organize when you can within reason.

10. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    i can and do clean my van on my own time and it takes mins as i clean up and tidy up at the end of each job before going off to the next one unless i am behind then the next time i have time its clean up time

Post Likes
    I want to know where people have the weekend luxury to clean the van on their time. I’ll clean the van when it slows down or if I have time at the end of the call. It all depends, but either way it will get done

Post Likes
    For us one man shops...

We ALWAYS clean our vans on OUR time...
    Grin...

Seriously...
    I try to put tools back where they go...
    Have a trash bucket in the back and a trash bucket in the front.
    Usually, the van gets a cleaning either:
    Weekly... or
    After an install

Then there is the fall and spring clean...
    Where the parts for the previous season are removed and the parts for the coming season are added.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I have always noticed that after cleaning my truck I seem to have many fewer one stop calls.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567