Thread: XLI16

Post Likes

XLI16

installed in 2006 has worked great until recently. noticed it was running longer than normal. after checking the duct temp, only getting appx 11 cooler from ambient intake temp. was 20 degree split when new. have had 3 different techs look at it. all walked away scratching their heads.... all said everything appears to be operating normally. just not cooling as it should. pressures appear to be reading backwards according to the last tech. he put a thermometer on the line and played with adding and subtracting Freon.... got it better to about 15 degree split but that's where im at now... any suggestions appreciated

Post Likes
    Keep searching for a tech that knows Super Heat, Sub Cooling, Static Pressure and TESP!

Post Likes
    "Everything appears to be operating normally, just not cooling as it should". I smell salestechs. Is this a heatpump or straight a/c? So only one tech bothered to gauge up, nice, did he write down any pressures, lineset temps? Did you ask for a senior tech to come out?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    "Everything appears to be operating normally, just not cooling as it should". I smell salestechs. Is this a heatpump or straight a/c? So only one tech bothered to gauge up, nice, did he write down any pressures, lineset temps? Did you ask for a senior tech to come out?
    they all gauged it up... all puzzled because pressures were reversed from what they normally should be ...don't remember the actual #s . its a straight a/c unit. the temp on the line at its lowest was 68 degrees. getting no sweat at all . the last tech was a senior tech. he said he wanted to do a little research before saying it need a compressor

thanks

Post Likes
    It is impossible for pressures to be “reversed”.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    It is impossible for pressures to be “reversed”.
    I think you misunderstand what I mean by reversed....
    the pressure on the left gage was higher than should be and the pressure on the right side was lower than should be

Post Likes
    Pressures as a whole mean little when taken alone.
    Amp draw, superheat, subcooling, CFM, all these play into diagnosing the problem.
    The compressor could be inefficient, the metering device could have a problem, airflow could be set incorrect, or several other possibilities.
    There is no certain exact pressure either side should be.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486