Post Likes

Am l on the right track?

Hey new guy here. I live in WA in a slab on grade rambler about 1600 sq/ft. Simple layout half basically open and other half bedrooms and baths. I have a mini split in the open half as my main heat source. There is also a wood stove in same great room for when power goes out. (I'm in the boonies).

The mini split does a fine job for heating. Obviously it's a little cooler on the far side but not too bad.

The non open half gets a little stuffy. Especially in the closets, kinda musty. My wife is sensitive to it.

For better air quality and maybe a bit more heat in the back rooms I was thinking of adding some ducting to all the rooms with a variable speed fan that sucks out of the respective rooms and exhausts into great room. I could even do an in line dehumidifier maybe.

This probably sounds so stupid but it seems like the same idea as when my buddy runs his air handler with the wood stove on. Only with me it would be my mini split (or wood stove) with some ducting for circulation. Lots of the year we dont need any heat at all so it would be nice to just circulate a little air and/or dehumidify.

Am l on the right track? Does this make any sense at all?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Look into an HRV aka Heat Recovery Ventilator.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I could be totally off but l thought l remembered hearing that an hrv was not worth it on a old house as small as mine. As to where a whole house fan would suffice. Like l said l could be off.

I do have a small laundry fan on a whole house timer. It really helps but doesn't get to the stagnant spots like closets and bedrooms with doors shut etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Whole home dehumidifier with fresh air intake. As it sound it will bring in outside air and filter it as well as dehumidify. This will add a little heat to the building as well causing the a/c to run a little longer=better dehumidification