Post Likes

Question Trane RTHC chiller not passing self test

Hi There, New Guy here

So ive Got a rthc infront of me thats not giving any fault or alarm as to why it wont start, System reads ready to start then i put it in auto and it goes through the pre check for the water flow, exv positioning and then when the mains contact pulls in the delta and star pulls in, then mains and delta both drop out ( after about a second ) but the star stays in? I have tested with my multimeter and a light rack there is 380V power flowing through the mains and delta on contact, but no reason as to why the mains contact would fall out as i have tested the contact coils and they still fine, and even once fallen out the machine doesnt read a trip, it reads Controling Capacity with EXV

If anyone has a tip fr me or has seen this before any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Post Likes
    Time to PM the starter. Shut it down, lock it out and check EVERYTHING from contacts to auxiliary switches. Sounds like something is not closing or opening.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Time to PM the starter. Shut it down, lock it out and check EVERYTHING from contacts to auxiliary switches. Sounds like something is not closing or opening.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Especially aux contacts.

I’m a little confused, is the machine shutting down or staying online?
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st....

Free Air Conditioner Sizing Chart

Post Likes
    Strange that it's not giving a diagnostic. Could be getting a starter transition complete input to the compressor starter module when it shouldn't be. Like these guys already said, check your auxiliary contacts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0721 View Post
    Strange that it's not giving a diagnostic. Could be getting a starter transition complete input to the compressor starter module when it shouldn't be. Like these guys already said, check your auxiliary contacts.
    The guy posted one post and never returned. Very annoying. This is why a lot of guys quit trying to help in the open forums…
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st....

Free Air Conditioner Sizing Chart