Post Likes

York YPAL Eco 2 Optilogic RTU

We lost the Lon Communication board part 025-36114-000. It is an obsolete part. The Logic board it plugs on to is 025-36103-012. Is anyone aware of a retrofit part or solution? Other than designing our own unitary control.

Any Help Appreciated
    Thanks,
    Chad
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MoontwpChad View Post
    We lost the Lon Communication board part 025-36114-000. It is an obsolete part. The Logic board it plugs on to is 025-36103-012. Is anyone aware of a retrofit part or solution? Other than designing our own unitary control.

Any Help Appreciated
    Thanks,
    Chad
    What is the actual RTU Model Number, ie. 050-065, or other?

Is This The Basic Unit?
    http://www.upgnet.com/PdfFileRedirec...00.50-EG10.PDF

Post Likes
    YPAL095CFB46LSA5
    RDLM002941
    FLEXSYS VAV UNIT

Post Likes

Post Likes
    There are no retro kits and the logic board is about 12K. We just tore one out so the in house controls guys could take over. They never like the way it ran anyway nor could they get their heads wrapped around the logic. Now they can run it the way they want. Left all the hard parts , fan VFD, compressors and the like. Reused the pressure switches and had them tie in to what the old board would start. Had them install their own temperature sensors for duct static, mixed, return and supply air. That way it’s all on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    what caused this bord to stop working i bet HACKFREEAVAC on youtube aka shawn could fix this old bord not much he cant fix

Post Likes
    Call MCS controls 239-694-0089, ask for James Mitchel and tell him what your looking for, maybe they can come up with something.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Our board quit reading discharge air temperature sensor, even if the sensor was hot wired right to the board. That alarm would not clear. So the cost of the new board and their dislike of control sequences it made sense to the to have their own controller and program what they want. I put in P470 controllers for low suction and condenser fan control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We had a Storm. I lost the Vfd and a Compressor and contactor. We also noticed it quit communicating with our Honeywell Web controller at this time also. We swapped one of the other Lon boards from another unit and it worked again. So it seems it was just isolated to this board.

Post Likes
    JCI has a repair center. Contact Baltimore parts to see if your controller is available for repair

Post Likes
    We have had two repaired at Baltimore Parts Repair Center. You will have to send them your board to repair. Not sure who said 12k, (probably a JCI tech) It was 2627 plus 100 for two day turn around, still took a week. call them at 800-482-2778. I had a long talk with someone from tech support. The issue is the memory chip on these boards are only good for a couple of million read/write cycles. He said 99.9% of the time they replace that.

Post Likes
    Yes, those boards are obsolete and JCI does repair and resell them as others here have pointed out, I had to get one about 6 months ago and got lucky because they had one that was already refurbished in stock, but if they don’t you should be able to remove the board from the main controller and send it in to have it repaired... and I’m pretty sure the unit should still operate as a stand-alone unit as long as you give it an occupied command by placing a jumper between 24V and OCC or by programming a schedule into it until u get it back... You may or may not have to configure some of the settings though? not 100% sure though...