+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart lxeh leaking from the door

Post Likes

Hobart lxeh leaking from the door

Hi guys.

Intermittent leaking from the door once every few cycles. I attended site for something else but customer asked me to check this one over.

Significant amount of buildup around door drainage areas. Cleaned it all out and cleaned out the drainage holes so the unit could drain water down the front channel and back down through the drain holes. This stopped the slow drip that happened during wash cycle

Big splash of water when the motor kicks on every few cycles. Comes out center of the bottom of the door. I believe it may be from worn out wash arms however I'm double checking here.

Didn't see any seal for the bottom of the door. Maybe coming out the side of wash arm? Everything looks to be in place according to the manual and even switch the wash/rinse between top and bottom.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Does it leak during the rinse cycle, wash cycle or both?

Worn out door hinges or door can prevent the door from closing tightly.

Wash arms that spin slowly can cause a little leakage too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Protocol. View Post
    Hi guys.

Intermittent leaking from the door once every few cycles. I attended site for something else but customer asked me to check this one over.

Significant amount of buildup around door drainage areas. Cleaned it all out and cleaned out the drainage holes so the unit could drain water down the front channel and back down through the drain holes. This stopped the slow drip that happened during wash cycle

Big splash of water when the motor kicks on every few cycles. Comes out center of the bottom of the door. I believe it may be from worn out wash arms however I'm double checking here.

Didn't see any seal for the bottom of the door. Maybe coming out the side of wash arm? Everything looks to be in place according to the manual and even switch the wash/rinse between top and bottom.

First checked that the unit isn't leaning to forward at front , when I level them I always cheat to the back.
    Check that there is no splits on seams of wash arms , as this can direct a stream of water. most likely if water coming out door its bottom arm.
    Do wash arms spin freely ?
    Always test door leaks with rack in it , as it blocks some water at door .
    Check door gasket and make sure it tucks all way down in bottom on both sides .

Post Likes
    Sounds good.

Door is sealing tightly. Could be a levelling or rack issue however. I will look into that further. This is more of a splash as the pump starts its initial wash cycle. Only once in a while.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Protocol. View Post
    Hi guys.

You might have to enable the soft start option. The early releases of that machine would do that on initial pump startup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in