Post Likes

Megohmeters and Phase Rotation meters

Hey guys thinking about buying a megohmeter just wondering what you guys are using ? I know there is the cheap little supco one but i am not really interested in it. I am looking for something that once i buy it i wont have to buy another one.

I am sure alot of you have fluke ones. I seen recently that greenlee has one but its uber expensive and i seen that flir have one called the im75 i think ? anyone use this ? cheaper then some but still looks pretty stout.

Also phase rotation meters does anyone use these? I have never had one always just bumped them to check phase rotation but i am wondering if it would be a worthy investment. I see that fluke has a good one for not too much and amprobe has a cool one with a couple other cool features.

Post Likes
    I use the Amprobe AMB45 and I really like it. There are some higher end Flukes that I like. I use the Fluke rotation meter. I also have a greenlee.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    I have the old school crank style. Bullet proof.

Post Likes
    I use the extech PRT200. I like it cause you don't have to use leads to tough voltage, just clamp it on the wire insulation.

currently I'm using the megger MJ159. I like not having batteries to deal with, but it's a little irritating sometimes to have to crank the thing. especially if you can't get your leads to clamp on to something.

I used to have a battery powered megger meter...forgot what it was. I liked it better than the hand crank.

whatever you get, make sure it does the 1000 volt test range.

Post Likes
    For a megger I've been using using the Fluke 1587. Great meter with lots of features outside of meg testing.

You can buy a dedicated megger without the extra functions for much cheaper, though if that's what you're looking for.

I managed to get a great deal on Ebay for mine years back. Prices on all Fluke gear seem to have skyrocked over the past few years.