Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I have had a non-condensing Tagaki tankless in my house for more than ten years and I have literally never touched it. No flushing; nothing, and it has never missed a beat. I do have really excellent water.

I installed one just like it for a customer one town away and they have had the same experience.

All the other's I have installed have been been condensing Naviens. None, to my knowledge, have ever had any maintenance or repairs done on them and all are still working well.
    I'm with mikey, I also have a takagi 80% for 12yrs. Probably 6 years ago I flushed and serviced it and it seemed like a waste of time. They are great. At the end of the day, you probably will not save much money with a condensing unit unless you use tons of water. In my opinion, the added complexity of a condensing tankless does not justify the added cost.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Plus; for me it made zero sense because I added a little plate-frame heat exchanger and a bronze circulator to make 'boiler water' to supply a large water coil in my second floor air return. So: no condensing as the return water is only 20 cooler than the supply.

Wait; I guess that is really another vote for Tagaki as I Really run the poop out of mine - considering that it also heats half my house. <g>

Oh! I forgot - my Tagaki just tempers water from my solar heated tanks. So it would never condense anyway - unless the sun didn't shine for a week. <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I'm with mikey, I also have a takagi 80% for 12yrs. Probably 6 years ago I flushed and serviced it and it seemed like a waste of time. They are great. At the end of the day, you probably will not save much money with a condensing unit unless you use tons of water. In my opinion, the added complexity of a condensing tankless does not justify the added cost.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Plus; for me it made zero sense because I added a little plate-frame heat exchanger and a bronze circulator to make 'boiler water' to supply a large water coil in my second floor air return. So: no condensing as the return water is only 20 cooler than the supply.

Wait; I guess that is really another vote for Tagaki as I Really run the poop out of mine - considering that it also heats half my house. <g>

Oh! I forgot - my Tagaki just tempers water from my solar heated tanks. So it would never condense anyway - unless the sun didn't shine for a week. <g>

PHM
    ------
    Show off

Post Likes
    What is the point of doing anything if not to show off? Even if it's just to yourself. <g>

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Show off

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12