+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York Simplisity

Post Likes

York Simplisity

Hi all. I’m new here. I’m boggled about a Rtu York simplicity unit. The job I’m at was a start up for me and at 1st after jumping out units worked fine. But after controls were wired in I’m seeing faults shutting down “some” of the units. I can’t simply shut the units down to reset the alarms. I’ve looked thru the paperwork, googled the mess out of this control setup, and have been given a tech support # that went from them stating we don’t have that info here’s another # to try..... basically I am trying to find out how to reset a York simplicity controlled unit. Any help is extremely appreciated.

M: zwt10s18v4vae21ea7
    S: s1a9549177

Post Likes
    I’ve noticed some posts state that it’s a good idea to have the software to work on these units. Does anyone know if a laptop has to be connected to reset the alarms on this simplicity se control?

Post Likes
    Hey all. I finally got ahold of a tech support rep that gave me the info I needed. Didn’t need any software.

Post Likes
    You don’t need software. But the Map Gateway is a huge help over the joystick.
    What faults were you getting?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    #1 fault was HS1 due to limit failure
    #2 was mixed air temp sensor failure

Post Likes
    Wind up replacing the mixed air sensor?
    Those are a common problem.
    Ideally you can set these units up with no sensors/thermostat in the space and they will run.
    You can also tie them together via the SA buss and see multiple units by plugging your gateway into one.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    I want be back by till Tuesday to check it out again. This is a brand new unit that I just started up and has been working fine the past few weeks. U stated that those sensors are a common problem. Even new?

Post Likes
    Yup, even when new. Had some come unplugged. Some don’t come with certain sensors depending on how they were ordered.
    The first SSE I ever worked on was a 20 ton straight AC condenser. It came programmed from the factory as a packaged gas pack. JCI has to send me a run file for it.
    That little slot in the board is for a thumb drive. You can backup the board and save the information in case the board ever fails.

Post Likes
    Awesome. I’ll reset everything how the rep stated to do and check the program and sensor. I’ll let u know how it turns out.

Post Likes
    Next time you may want to post in a tech to tech forum. You'll get more responses. You posted in a No DIY forum.

Post Likes
    well now I know how to reset everything. That was a big help. Although wound up finding that the board itself was at fault. I will definitely remember to post to the tech to tech forum next time.

Post Likes
    Have you replaced the board yet?
    Reloading all the settings is really easy. Plus the new board will not come with the units serial number loaded in.

Post Likes
    I have not. I just got back by there today to check & the rep is supposedly sending the part to that site. I’ve went thru the motions to clear faults but not reloading. It wasn’t mentioned to me. ?? I have to go back tomorrow for other things. I did see what I believe was a hard reset that was below the LOpressure reset.

Post Likes
    You’ll need a thumb drive when you go back.
    A backup and restore is done via the joystick.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thread moved to Tech to Tech so OP will get better responses.

Post Likes
    Ok. So that video helped me out a lot. Thank you for that. I finally got back over there & changed the board out. Worked out great. Backed up and restored with ease. Unit checked out fine after that.

Post Likes
    Some faults are normal on that board under certain conditions.

Post Likes
    I’ve had to change 3 boards at this site so far. Rep stated their must have been a bad group from the manufacturer. At least 2/3 of the units are still operating correctly ��

Post Likes
    Ok ?? Was supposed to be an lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in