Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 359
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because if you get to own one then the crazies get to own one. There is no distinction until they use it against us.

    I am not against all semi-auto. I like the Browning 9mm. But if you were that truly interested in the general public being safer while they sleep, you would be pushing electronic home surveillance. IMO, it is much more effective than an after-the-fact home weapon. It can also be used by just about anyone young or old...with little to no training.

    I am trying to answer your questions. How about you answering mine? Why haven't you pushed home surveillance first before home weaponry?
    I have both and I do recommend home security systems. Where would you get the idea I don't recommend security systems?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I have both and I do recommend home security systems. Where would you get the idea I don't recommend security systems?
    Because you have never mention it as a first line of defense.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because you have never mention it as a first line of defense.
    Duh! The topic was gun control myths.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Post Likes
    Some reasons I can't trust those calling for so called sensible gun control.

    1. Years ago I lived in California, was a deputy sheriff. I personally owned (and still do) the same firearms we had in our patrol cars. As time went on the State of California outlawed the very same firearms and made me a legal felon. I had done nothing illegal, only continued to own the same firearms I had for well over 25 years. And, here I was a sworn officer, been thru the police academy, been background checked over and over and passed both written and personal face to face psychological exams. But, according to the state I was a felon and would face 5 years in the state prison. No common sense there is there?

    2. The sheriff of a nearby county stopped all of his deputies from taking their duty weapon (sidearm) home from work. A purely political decision. I guess his deputies were only trusted at work and not off duty. No common sense

    3. Now the City of San Francisco has declared the NRA as a terrorist organization. Since I am a member of the NRA I guess I could be prosecuted for something in the City of San Francisco. No common sense.

    4. The gun control crowd wants to require all firearms owners to obtain special insurance in order to own a firearm. I guess only those with enough money have the right to choose to own a firearm for personal protection. So much for caring about those who are low income.

    5. The gun control crowd wants to triple or more the cost of firearms and ammo. Same argument as above for the low income folks. In addition, with firearms costing so much more they become a greater temptation for theft. So much for common sense.

    6, The gun control crowd is willing to jail people who have never committed a violent act or even so much as consider doing so just because they owed an object. Yup, they have already done so. We have examples of innocent people in the lockup while the real problem people are released and out committing repeat crimes. California and New Jersey have locked up police officers for violating "common sense" firearm laws.

    Yet, try to have a common sense discussion with the gun control advocates and you will quickly find out they know little to nothing about firearms, the very objects they are trying to regulate.

    NO THANK you! I am willing to come to the table and discuss the issue but only if my opposition is actually ready and willing to consider ALL sides of the issue, consider alternative ways to rectify the problems and actually preserve my Second Amendment Rights. It is not about hunting.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Some reasons I can't trust those calling for so called sensible gun control.

    1. Years ago I lived in California, was a deputy sheriff. I personally owned (and still do) the same firearms we had in our patrol cars. As time went on the State of California outlawed the very same firearms and made me a legal felon. I had done nothing illegal, only continued to own the same firearms I had for well over 25 years. And, here I was a sworn officer, been thru the police academy, been background checked over and over and passed both written and personal face to face psychological exams. But, according to the state I was a felon and would face 5 years in the state prison. No common sense there is there?

    2. The sheriff of a nearby county stopped all of his deputies from taking their duty weapon (sidearm) home from work. A purely political decision. I guess his deputies were only trusted at work and not off duty. No common sense

    3. Now the City of San Francisco has declared the NRA as a terrorist organization. Since I am a member of the NRA I guess I could be prosecuted for something in the City of San Francisco. No common sense.

    4. The gun control crowd wants to require all firearms owners to obtain special insurance in order to own a firearm. I guess only those with enough money have the right to choose to own a firearm for personal protection. So much for caring about those who are low income.

    5. The gun control crowd wants to triple or more the cost of firearms and ammo. Same argument as above for the low income folks. In addition, with firearms costing so much more they become a greater temptation for theft. So much for common sense.

    6, The gun control crowd is willing to jail people who have never committed a violent act or even so much as consider doing so just because they owed an object. Yup, they have already done so. We have examples of innocent people in the lockup while the real problem people are released and out committing repeat crimes. California and New Jersey have locked up police officers for violating "common sense" firearm laws.

    Yet, try to have a common sense discussion with the gun control advocates and you will quickly find out they know little to nothing about firearms, the very objects they are trying to regulate.

    NO THANK you! I am willing to come to the table and discuss the issue but only if my opposition is actually ready and willing to consider ALL sides of the issue, consider alternative ways to rectify the problems and actually preserve my Second Amendment Rights. It is not about hunting.
    They keep smashing away at the second.
    Here is my position...while not popular
    Everyone is allowed to have a firearm except those that are on probation or parole for a felony...in other words once you do your time... clean slate.
    Some guy that had drugs on him ten years ago still has the right to defend himself.
    I say we demand the right to bear arms means just that...that means anyone..when we agree to any restrictions...they just want more...you can't negotiate with liberals...they just whine and whine and whine until we cave.. then they whine and whine until we cave again.
    Just a few short decades ago... obtaining a firearm was very simple.
    It just as well be...even with restrictions ... Some guy that is willing to kill innocent people could care less if possession of a firearm is legal or not...all the left is doing is making it more difficult to own a firearm.
    These people usually live in large cities and are afraid of the citizens within it...all whilst claiming how great the city is lol.
    It seems like any idiot liberal that is afraid of people owning firearms...would have one at their own home to protect themselves from the very people they are afraid of...bad guys with guns.
    Kind of hard to protect yourself during an armed home invasion with a spoon.
    Home Invaders wouldn't so be quick to invade if the majority had firearms.
    If they loved their children they would do whatever is needed to protect them...but nope they want to try and make a point and disregard the safety of the family.
    Let's say they did manage to keep firearms away from bad people....a simple home invasion with three people with bats and knives is going to succeed over Daddy with his spoon.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Missouri Guy; 09-10-2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: It
    ...

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because highly effective guns such as yours are bought, stolen and used against us and our children. If you get to own one, then you are also arming the crazies with them. THAT is why.
    Well since thieves steal guns...all the more reason to own a firearm to protect yourself from those that are willing to steal them



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Unlike gun owners like to admit, guns have been designed for certain purposes. The AR is designed to storm a dwelling and take an opponent down very effectively. Am I correct?

    So yes, I am opposed to crazy civilians having guns that are designed for that specific purpose. Can it shoot a moose? Ya, but that is not its best purpose.

    So yes, I am anti-that kind of gun...because as long it is legal we cannot keep it out of the hands of the nutjobs.

    Everyone owning an AR is not a viable solution.
    The AR is not designed for storming and killing....no more than your car is designed for running through a crowd of people with.
    With both stop a moose....yes...but the AR is the better choice do you agree?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because if you get to own one then the crazies get to own one. There is no distinction until they use it against us.

    I am not against all semi-auto. I like the Browning 9mm. But if you were that truly interested in the general public being safer while they sleep, you would be pushing electronic home surveillance. IMO, it is much more effective than an after-the-fact home weapon. It can also be used by just about anyone young or old...with little to no training.

    I am trying to answer your questions. How about you answering one? Why haven't you pushed home surveillance first before home weaponry?
    So you only want to allow the semi auto fires that you like.
    Well guess what if that is all we had then that is what people would be using .
    Again...the AR is very popular is why a large percentage of shootings involve an AR.
    AS far as your home surveillance comment..what you gonna do hit the Intruders in the head with the camera?
    Home surveillance is nice....but it can't stop a guy trying to kill you.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because you have never mention it as a first line of defense.
    Lol....you recommend locking your doors so you must not believe in it?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    9,776
    Post Likes
    Looking at the stats you are 100 times more likely to be killed by a car than an AR rifle. If you are unborn the odds are even worse that you will be aborted. And lastly, get rid of the knives as more are killed with a knife than an AR.

    340 deaths/yr attributed to AR rifles as near as anyone can figure using FBI stats. That’s about a 1 in a million chance. Doesn’t that make it more likely you will be struck by lightning than shot with an AR but some still feel they will be safer with them gone. Might as well ban lightening your gonna get the same results.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    23,346
    Post Likes
    Its not about morality...what is right or wrong. Its about a control agenda that does not want the public armed. If it were about morality, the left lost that argument a long time ago. No argument they bring to the table holds water, which is why they use emotions as their tool and not logic. They have no logical argument...period!

    All of the lefts news reporting is designed to create an emotional response...to hell with the facts. Facts tell the truth, and the truth is an enemy of the left.

  12. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  13. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Some reasons I can't trust those calling for so called sensible gun control.

    1. Years ago I lived in California, was a deputy sheriff. I personally owned (and still do) the same firearms we had in our patrol cars. As time went on the State of California outlawed the very same firearms and made me a legal felon. I had done nothing illegal, only continued to own the same firearms I had for well over 25 years. And, here I was a sworn officer, been thru the police academy, been background checked over and over and passed both written and personal face to face psychological exams. But, according to the state I was a felon and would face 5 years in the state prison. No common sense there is there?

    2. The sheriff of a nearby county stopped all of his deputies from taking their duty weapon (sidearm) home from work. A purely political decision. I guess his deputies were only trusted at work and not off duty. No common sense

    3. Now the City of San Francisco has declared the NRA as a terrorist organization. Since I am a member of the NRA I guess I could be prosecuted for something in the City of San Francisco. No common sense.

    4. The gun control crowd wants to require all firearms owners to obtain special insurance in order to own a firearm. I guess only those with enough money have the right to choose to own a firearm for personal protection. So much for caring about those who are low income.

    5. The gun control crowd wants to triple or more the cost of firearms and ammo. Same argument as above for the low income folks. In addition, with firearms costing so much more they become a greater temptation for theft. So much for common sense.

    6, The gun control crowd is willing to jail people who have never committed a violent act or even so much as consider doing so just because they owed an object. Yup, they have already done so. We have examples of innocent people in the lockup while the real problem people are released and out committing repeat crimes. California and New Jersey have locked up police officers for violating "common sense" firearm laws.

    Yet, try to have a common sense discussion with the gun control advocates and you will quickly find out they know little to nothing about firearms, the very objects they are trying to regulate.

    NO THANK you! I am willing to come to the table and discuss the issue but only if my opposition is actually ready and willing to consider ALL sides of the issue, consider alternative ways to rectify the problems and actually preserve my Second Amendment Rights. It is not about hunting.
    You will never have that discussion because to do so is for them to agree with you.

    I know enough about AR's to know that that kind of firepower is not needed for home or personal protection. AR's are needed to storm building while wearing bulletproof vests. Or for our military in the Middle East. Not for Joe Blow who thinks he lives in a war zone.

    Arm the good guys with those weapons and you are arming the bad guys. Simple as that...and it sits on your guy's conscience.

  14. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,586
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You will never have that discussion because to do so is for them to agree with you.

    I know enough about AR's to know that that kind of firepower is not needed for home or personal protection. AR's are needed to storm building while wearing bulletproof vests. Or for our military in the Middle East. Not for Joe Blow who thinks he lives in a war zone.

    Arm the good guys with those weapons and you are arming the bad guys. Simple as that...and it sits on your guy's conscience.
    You know nothing about firearms...you think a pistol is better for home defense.
    You say ok to a Browning semi but no to the AR.
    Once again an AR is just another rifle...they look mean but they are no different than any other semi.
    The AR became popular due to its heritage and ease of customability.
    Since the AR is very common..it is the most used in homcides...if we didn't have an AR then the second most popular rifle would become the first... imagine that
    The AR shoots lousy for going in and to just start shooting at people...with enough practice you can become decent....Most can do more damage with a 22 semi...easy to control very light...and it stays put after a shot.
    Go set yourself up some targets off to your left...off to your right...some high..some low..now start shooting those targets...not near as easy with an AR as with a 22...an AK is much easier to handle for that matter.
    You already approved of semi automatics... but yet want to ban the AR...that's silly...is just another rifle ...it looks mean like a military rifle...but it is not a military rifle...just another semi auto that LOOKS like a full auto military rifle....and you said you shot one the other day..... really?
    If a person wants an AR over a Browning...it's his or her choice .
    In several years people will get bored with the AR and move onto something else...since everyone has one now...they will lose appeal for something else....and again the AR is just another rifle..it looks mean..and is easily customizable to where you can make it fit you..or how you want it to look.
    Again if a person likes their AR over a Browning for whatever reason it is their choice.


    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Missouri Guy; 09-11-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    ...

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •