Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I’m okay with folk carrying a single shot musket....just like the founding fathers intended.

These pow pow pow assault rifles...prolly time to ban them.
    An assault rifle is a made up term for today's rifles.
    Cool looking stocks.
    Remove that stock and replace it with wood ....been around for decades
    As for your comment on single shot muzzle loaders.... that is what was used at the time..
    Gun regulations really didn't start happening until the 60s...we were fine before that.
    Stop blaming the gun and blame the person holding it.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I’m okay with folk carrying a single shot musket....just like the founding fathers intended.

These pow pow pow assault rifles...prolly time to ban them.
    Name:  OOPS.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  32.8 KB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/07/...knife-control/

just wondering what’s next after gun confiscation
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    just wondering what’s next after gun confiscation
    Looks like AR and AK control in England effectively took those deadly "tools" out of the hands of the crazies since they are resorting to knives. And you guys said any type of gun control does not work. WRONG!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Looks like AR and AK control in England effectively took those deadly "tools" out of the hands of the crazies since they are resorting to knives. And you guys said any type of gun control does not work. WRONG!
    Now, if only they could do something about those vans, knives and bombs (oh wait, bombs are illegal, aren't they?).

The point being that, although you seem to believe that a ban will solve all our mass killing problems, it won't. Particularly in the U.S. Remember, we're the cowboys that left the UK and kicked their hiney when they tried to rule over us.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Now, if only they could do something about those vans, knives and bombs (oh wait, bombs are illegal, aren't they?).

The point being that, although you seem to believe that a ban will solve all our mass killing problems, it won't. Particularly in the U.S. Remember, we're the cowboys that left the UK and kicked their hiney when they tried to rule over us.
    You are mixing two separate issues. You guys said that AR and AK control does not work and that it will not take those weapons out of the hands of the crazies. The UK has largely proven that statement wrong.

Just because a plane can be taken down with a boxcutter doesn't mean we should legalize surface-to-air missiles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Now, if only they could do something about those Vans, knives and bombs (oh wait, bombs are illegal, aren't they?).
    Those liberals also have to consider the AR is not popular there like it is here...Here people buy an AR due to its heritage and customize it to how they want it...Often the goal is to have a 'mean' looking rifle...the AR is mainly about looks....if it didn't exist .. then the next most popular rifle would be now number one...I guess they would want to ban that too.
    I say we take all the liberals and let em stay a couple nights in bear country without a firearm and see what they say then...Also Maybe in areas which have alot of home invasions...maybe do some fake home invasions on them as well.
    GC says you can get shot by crowding a lane change where he is at...seems like a real good reason to pack....they would be less apt to shoot someone over a lane change if the other person was also armed

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You are mixing two separate issues. You guys said that AR and AK control does not work and that it will not take those weapons out of the hands of the crazies. The UK has largely proven that statement wrong.

Just because a plane can be taken down with a boxcutter doesn't mean we should legalize surface-to-air missiles.
    Why should I have to give up my AR and AK? Why should I? How would that save lives? After that, would I have to give up my Ruger Mini14? The only actual difference between my AR and the Mini14 is looks. Both fire the same round at the same rate. One looks "scary" while the other looks like a typical hunting rifle.

Why should I as a law abiding citizen have to give up any of them? How would that help? The anti gun people cannot answer that question.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Why should I have to give up my AR and AK? Why should I? How would that save lives? After that, would I have to give up my Ruger Mini14? The only actual difference between my AR and the Mini14 is looks. Both fire the same round at the same rate. One looks "scary" while the other looks like a typical hunting rifle.

Why should I as a law abiding citizen have to give up any of them? How would that help? The anti gun people cannot answer that question.
    Again, you avoided my statement. You guys say giving them up does not work. The UK shows it does.

Maybe if I keep making this simple statement, you guys will stop changing the subject.

Post Likes
    Again, you avoided my statement. You guys say giving them up does not work. The UK shows it does.

Maybe if I keep making this simple statement, you guys will stop changing the subject.
    The UK is a different culture. AFAICT, UK had mass shootings, but they were few and far between (about 10 yrs between events). What works in the UK won't necessarily work in the US.

Here's a link to a list of massacres in the UK. Yeah, yeah. You don't do links. Don't forget, there may be bad info on the net, but there's lots of good, educational, informative and accurate info too. Baby/bathwater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Great_Britain

Post Likes

You did not answer my question as to how me giving up my firearms will save lives.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    You did not answer my question as to how me giving up my firearms will save lives.
    Did you give up your right to own surface-to-air missiles? Do you want that Right/privilege? By you giving it up, does it saves lives?

Did you give up your Right to buy opioids over the counter? Does that saves lives?

If a guy was heading to your child's school to do a massacre, would you want him armed with an AR or a steak knife?

Post Likes
    Did you give up your right to own surface-to-air missiles? Do you want that Right/privilege? By you giving it up, does it saves lives?

Did you give up your Right to buy opioids over the counter? Does that saves lives?

If a guy was heading to your child's school to do a massacre, would you want him armed with an AR or a steak knife?
    I am not aware of anyone who uses the second amendment to argue that they want to own a missile. I don't want one nor does anyone I know. That argument is fallacious. Has nothing whatsoever to do with owning the most effective tool to defend myself and my family from an attacker.

As a former police officer in a family of police officers we would not consider a missile as a law enforcement tool nor would anyone else. Dumb argument on your part.

Regarding drugs, there again no equivalent in your argument. Opioids have no use other than self harm. Firearms have many positive constructive uses and are protected by the constitution of the United States.

I am in favor of arming some school personnel. So, why should I give up my protection at home as well as that which I carry on my person? That reduces my safety and that of my family. You cannot provide me with a solid answer as to how me giving up my firearms saves lives. My firearms may very well save lives because I have them available should I need them.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast