Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 359
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,780
    Post Likes

    Leftist Myths On Gun Control

    Just had to laugh when I watched this, this was taken in 2016... lmao.

    Hard to believe that people are really this stupid, even today.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIz3uN8kfY

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,424
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Just had to laugh when I watched this, this was taken in 2016... lmao.

    Hard to believe that people are really this stupid, even today.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIz3uN8kfY

    Roy
    Well over half of all gun violence takes place in inner cities by black males who stole their weapons. Solve that problem and drop gun violence in half. But, the left has no interest in actually solving the problem of violence, they want to disarm those of us who never misused our firearms.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,738
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Well over half of all gun violence takes place in inner cities by black males who stole their weapons. Solve that problem and drop gun violence in half. But, the left has no interest in actually solving the problem of violence, they want to disarm those of us who never misused our firearms.
    That may be true, but it sure seems that pretty much every School, Church, Temple, Walmart, etc. etc. shooting in recent memory has not been done by anyone black.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    That may be true, but it sure seems that pretty much every School, Church, Temple, Walmart, etc. etc. shooting in recent memory has not been done by anyone black.
    Have you conveniently forgotten the Washington DC snipers there new?

    Two Blacks killed 9 innocent Whites and one light skinned Black dude. Geez.

    Hard to forget that in the news every day as they kept killing for 3 weeks until caught. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,738
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Have you conveniently forgotten the Washington DC snipers there new?

    Two Blocks killed 9 innocent Whites and one light skinned Black dude. Geez. Hard to forget that in the news every day as they kept killing for 3 weeks until caught.
    I did forget, but I knew I could count on you to remind me
    I also did say most of the mass shootings were not done by blacks. I never said all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,085
    Post Likes
    The problem with gun laws is very similar to sex laws, you can't legislate morality. If people want to do harm to others they will find a way, gun or not. What gets me is these people that see a gun and freak, not a gun in hand, just a gun. It is like they think somehow that gun will load itself, aim itself and pull it's own trigger just to shoot them. Maybe they've pulled their own trigger too often and think other stuff goes off that easy. It is hard to believe so many fall for the tales of the left, guns, climate, healthcare, etc,etc, the list is long and varied.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,350
    Post Likes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,231
    Post Likes
    Here's pictures of 2019's mass shooters.

    Yeah, white guys shoot up Wlamarts. Blacks shoot up night clubs and street corners. Mass murder is mass murder. There is a media back out on anything but white mass shootings.

    Sure looks to me that blacks are over represented. This picture below shows something much different than what we've been lead to believe, huh? More lies and distortions from the media.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,424
    Post Likes
    Shooting back is usually the quickest method of stopping shooters. After a few examples of that there seem to be fewer shootings.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    The problem with gun laws is very similar to sex laws, you can't legislate morality. If people want to do harm to others they will find a way, gun or not. What gets me is these people that see a gun and freak, not a gun in hand, just a gun. It is like they think somehow that gun will load itself, aim itself and pull it's own trigger just to shoot them. Maybe they've pulled their own trigger too often and think other stuff goes off that easy. It is hard to believe so many fall for the tales of the left, guns, climate, healthcare, etc,etc, the list is long and varied.
    I like these no open carry policies that major retailers are adopting. I don't want to see some bozo next to me who thinks he needs the ability to kill anyone around him like he's living in the Wild West Days. He should keep his paranoia to himself. If it's ok to open carry, then I should be able to walk through Wal-Mart with a machete in hand? Would you be ok with me walking up to your family like that if you were unarmed? And, if you were armed, and I got close to your kids with a machete, would you draw down on me?

    Another point, who is verifying the mental stability of these gun toters? There are few toters on this forum I wouldn't want to be near when they are packing and a skirmish broke out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,085
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I like these no open carry policies that major retailers are adopting. I don't want to see some bozo next to me who thinks he needs the ability to kill anyone around him like he's living in the Wild West Days. He should keep his paranoia to himself. If it's ok to open carry, then I should be able to walk through Wal-Mart with a machete in hand? Would you be ok with me walking up to your family like that if you were unarmed?

    Another point, who is verifying the mental stability of these gun toters. There are few toters on this forum I wouldn't want to get near when they are packing and skirmish broke out.
    Are you really that afraid of those around you? In the case of a store setting I think I would be more concerned with a guy carrying a machete than guy carrying a gun, you know the CC guy is mentally stable. Why would you carry a machete in a clothing store for example, to cut off tags. Now if it was in an outdoor setting I probably wouldn't think twice. The thing is I know a guy that if you were within the swing of that machete he could kill you with his little finger before you even got the over sized box cutter moving his direction. Now the truth is the guy would disarm and disable you before he even thought of killing you but just the fact that he has that capability, and you would never know looking at him.

    I can't say as I care for open carry, but have no problem with CC. It just seems to me that open carry people are more self absorbed than the normal public. They are out to make a show and draw attention to themselves. CC people seem to me to just want too blend in and be there to help if help is needed. That gun is just a tool, no more no less.

    I normally carry a Leatherman multitool knife in my pocket, to the point I have walked out of places then realized that weapons of any kind are not allowed in that building, including that 3" knife. I use the pliers and screwdrivers more than the knife part but the knife is still handy. In a crowded store one could stab multiple people and no one would know who did it, you can't do that with a gun or a machete. After the first attack everyone around will know it was you.

    I do not own a hand gun or have a CC permit. I have thought about it but at this time don't feel I have the time to get the proper training to handle it or situations that would need it. I don't fear those that have a CC permit or carry a gun in that manor. I don't think a case can be sited where a CC permit holder shot anyone in cold blood. I do fear those that walk around talking to the air waving their hands like someone is there. Those are the ones that you don't know what will set them off, what they will do, or when they will do it. But we can't lock these people up keeping them away from society where both would be safer. We have to give then meds and let them walk among us never knowing what they will do including walking out in traffic with no warning.

    You can surround yourself with crazies on meds - no guns, I'll surround myself with respectful gun owners with guns.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Are you really that afraid of those around you? In the case of a store setting I think I would be more concerned with a guy carrying a machete than guy carrying a gun, you know the CC guy is mentally stable. Why would you carry a machete in a clothing store for example, to cut off tags. Now if it was in an outdoor setting I probably wouldn't think twice. The thing is I know a guy that if you were within the swing of that machete he could kill you with his little finger before you even got the over sized box cutter moving his direction. Now the truth is the guy would disarm and disable you before he even thought of killing you but just the fact that he has that capability, and you would never know looking at him.

    I can't say as I care for open carry, but have no problem with CC. It just seems to me that open carry people are more self absorbed than the normal public. They are out to make a show and draw attention to themselves. CC people seem to me to just want too blend in and be there to help if help is needed. That gun is just a tool, no more no less.

    I normally carry a Leatherman multitool knife in my pocket, to the point I have walked out of places then realized that weapons of any kind are not allowed in that building, including that 3" knife. I use the pliers and screwdrivers more than the knife part but the knife is still handy. In a crowded store one could stab multiple people and no one would know who did it, you can't do that with a gun or a machete. After the first attack everyone around will know it was you.

    I do not own a hand gun or have a CC permit. I have thought about it but at this time don't feel I have the time to get the proper training to handle it or situations that would need it. I don't fear those that have a CC permit or carry a gun in that manor. I don't think a case can be sited where a CC permit holder shot anyone in cold blood. I do fear those that walk around talking to the air waving their hands like someone is there. Those are the ones that you don't know what will set them off, what they will do, or when they will do it. But we can't lock these people up keeping them away from society where both would be safer. We have to give then meds and let them walk among us never knowing what they will do including walking out in traffic with no warning.

    You can surround yourself with crazies on meds - no guns, I'll surround myself with respectful gun owners with guns.
    I was specifically talking about open carry at say Wal-Mart. Glad to see you are against it.

    Are you sure no mass shooter had a CC?

    And, crazies will not take meds three times a day. It shouldn't even be considered as a solution.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,424
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I like these no open carry policies that major retailers are adopting. I don't want to see some bozo next to me who thinks he needs the ability to kill anyone around him like he's living in the Wild West Days. He should keep his paranoia to himself. If it's ok to open carry, then I should be able to walk through Wal-Mart with a machete in hand? Would you be ok with me walking up to your family like that if you were unarmed? And, if you were armed, and I got close to your kids with a machete, would you draw down on me?

    Another point, who is verifying the mental stability of these gun toters? There are few toters on this forum I wouldn't want to be near when they are packing and a skirmish broke out.
    You make an assumption regarding those who carry as suffering from something like being paranoid. I am perfectly comfortable around a shopper who is open carrying. In fact, why not do as I often do and walk up to the open carrier and start a conversation with him or her. You would most likely find they are very sensible, normal, friendly and easy to talk with.

    I am a former reserve deputy and come from a family of officers. One son who lives with me is currently a full time deputy. We have no issues with those who carry CC or open carry. We do prefer CC to open carry but bad guys don't want to draw attention to themselves and just don't open carry.

    The paranoid regarding firearms are often those who are against guns in public or are antigun altogether. Again, I am totally comfortable around others who choose to be armed in public. I am nearly always armed myself. Preparation is not paranoia.

    That said, not everyone should carry. It is a personal choice. In addition, one who carries ought to have carefully prepared him or herself for the eventuality of having to use it. That includes an entire new discussion not to be taken lightly.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •