Post Likes

N4.7.2 HTML5 browser issue

I'm fighting an issue at a site where my laptop connected directly to the jace, and one of the customers desktop machines when connected to the network are the only ones that will login in correctly to the home page. My laptop and the one desktop machine that will work only work with firefox, and no other browser. Several other machines onsite won't connect with any browser. After the login credentials are entered the admin home page attempts to load then just freezes with none of the PX loaded? This is a JCI FX titan 8000 running 4.7.2 which is JCI's newest rev. The IT guy keeps saying it's a JAVA issue, but with all user profiles set to HTML5 HX not sure what the heck makes him think that? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    I'm fighting an issue at a site where my laptop connected directly to the jace, and one of the customers desktop machines when connected to the network are the only ones that will login in correctly to the home page. My laptop and the one desktop machine that will work only work with firefox, and no other browser. Several other machines onsite won't connect with any browser. After the login credentials are entered the admin home page attempts to load then just freezes with none of the PX loaded? This is a JCI FX titan 8000 running 4.7.2 which is JCI's newest rev. The IT guy keeps saying it's a JAVA issue, but with all user profiles set to HTML5 HX not sure what the heck makes him think that? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    I am having this same exact issue on a site that was recently upgraded from 4.4 to 4.7. I recommissioned the JACE and the problem came back after about a day. My screens look similar to yours but I have even seen where the NAV file is in the middle of the screen. I checked the application director, and I was seeing all of this strange stuff about not seeing the right font, theme, etc. I was planning to send information pertaining to this issue up my support channel to see their thoughts. We have other jobs running 4.7 with no issues. However, we started those jobs out in 4.7. Was your job upgraded from something like 4.4? I am curious because this could be good information for my support channel. I am definitely watching this post with curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I am having this same exact issue on a site that was recently upgraded from 4.4 to 4.7. I recommissioned the JACE and the problem came back after about a day. My screens look similar to yours but I have even seen where the NAV file is in the middle of the screen. I checked the application director, and I was seeing all of this strange stuff about not seeing the right font, theme, etc. I was planning to send information pertaining to this issue up my support channel to see their thoughts. We have other jobs running 4.7 with no issues. However, we started those jobs out in 4.7. Was your job upgraded from something like 4.4? I am curious because this could be good information for my support channel. I am definitely watching this post with curiosity.

My job was started with 4.7 and has been an issue since install. My first line support is pretty much non exsistant, and the second level is such a pain that I hardly entertain that option. So kind of on my own to figure out stuff like this. I will keep my findings updated. Good luck!!

Post Likes
    My job was started with 4.7 and has been an issue since install. My first line support is pretty much non exsistant, and the second level is such a pain that I hardly entertain that option. So kind of on my own to figure out stuff like this. I will keep my findings updated. Good luck!!
    Name:  Browser Login Page.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  25.2 KB

I just thought I would attach my screen shot as well. It looks pretty much the same as yours. The one thing that I did notice in my particular version of 4.7 is that the LUCID theme is missing. When we initially had this on the older version of Niagara 4, all of our user profiles were SET to LUCID. Once it got upgraded to 4.7 all of the users got set back to ZEBRA. The only theme I get in 4.7 when I hit the drop down is ZEBRA. I am not sure if something got messed up in the web.jar or what. I feel like it isn't a coincidence that one of the browser themes disappeared, and now the web browser is messed up. I can't get there system working on any web browser right now (not even Mozilla Firefox). I will post an update if I figure anything out with this. Good luck to you as well!
    J. King

Post Likes
    Name:  Browser Login Page.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  25.2 KB

I just thought I would attach my screen shot as well. It looks pretty much the same as yours. The one thing that I did notice in my particular version of 4.7 is that the LUCID theme is missing. When we initially had this on the older version of Niagara 4, all of our user profiles were SET to LUCID. Once it got upgraded to 4.7 all of the users got set back to ZEBRA. The only theme I get in 4.7 when I hit the drop down is ZEBRA. I am not sure if something got messed up in the web.jar or what. I feel like it isn't a coincidence that one of the browser themes disappeared, and now the web browser is messed up. I can't get there system working on any web browser right now (not even Mozilla Firefox). I will post an update if I figure anything out with this. Good luck to you as well!
    Wanted to let you know that my issue was resolved and everything works as it should with an upgrade to the newest JCI workbench release. JCI takes the niagara version in house adds they're tools and spits it out as 14.7.2 FX not sure what vendor your using? Looks like there was a glitch in the prior release in my case.

Post Likes
    Wanted to let you know that my issue was resolved and everything works as it should with an upgrade to the newest JCI workbench release. JCI takes the niagara version in house adds they're tools and spits it out as 14.7.2 FX not sure what vendor your using? Looks like there was a glitch in the prior release in my case.
    Thank you! That is good information. We use American Auto-Matrix JACES, so it sounds like they may have the same issue. I know they just released a new version of 4.7, but it didn’t mention anything about this fix. I am still in the process of working through this issue with my support channel. I am hoping your feedback will get them to go back to their developers. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

J. King

Post Likes
    Thank you! That is good information. We use American Auto-Matrix JACES, so it sounds like they may have the same issue. I know they just released a new version of 4.7, but it didn’t mention anything about this fix. I am still in the process of working through this issue with my support channel. I am hoping your feedback will get them to go back to their developers. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

We sell four different lines of Tridium AAM isn't one of them, but I'm assuming the new release should resolve your issue hopefully.

Post Likes
    We sell four different lines of Tridium AAM isn't one of them, but I'm assuming the new release should resolve your issue hopefully.
    I got another update from my JCI forum on.Here is what was posted. "This is fixed in 4.8. This is a known issue and has a workaround or patch files for 4.4 and 4.8. To quote Tridium, "To workaround in older builds, just go to this spy "spy:/webFileCache/vFileWebCache" and click clear and then clear your browser cache. This should regenerate the proper javascript and css without an additional restart."

Post Likes
    "To workaround in older builds, just go to this spy "spy:/webFileCache/vFileWebCache" and click clear and then clear your browser cache. This should regenerate the proper javascript and css without an additional restart."
    Huh....till the next time the cache gets hosed with crap? Haven't seen this in 4.7 but using a newer version than 4.7.2 off memory.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I got another update from my JCI forum on.Here is what was posted. "This is fixed in 4.8. This is a known issue and has a workaround or patch files for 4.4 and 4.8. To quote Tridium, "To workaround in older builds, just go to this spy "spy:/webFileCache/vFileWebCache" and click clear and then clear your browser cache. This should regenerate the proper javascript and css without an additional restart."
    Thanks for the information! My support channel just released a patch for my version of 4.7 that stated that it addressed security problems, but after applying the patch it seems that this issue has went away for me. I am still going to give it a few days though. So from the feedback that you received, does it seem like solely a patch is needed or do I need to clear the cache as well? Thanks!

J. King