Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Bud,

There's a lot of ways you can do it wrong, there's many mistakes you can make and the fact that you are worried is completely normal, just like anything in life, you want to do it and be good at it, sometimes even the best, it's just how it is. Being worried about potential mistakes or forgetting things is not uncommon, I would consider it a good characteristic before I would think it was a bad one, because the fact that you even can categorize these things as a problem or a concern puts you above a lot of hacks in the industry.

Just for the sake of yourself and everyone around you, don't try to solve things with medication, all a Psych does is tell you what you "need" by talking to you, there's no real testing done and in the end, pills don't fix anything. So just steer clear of all that shit, it will only make it worse or create something else.

It's like when you were a kid and you said, ah, my hand hurts and your buddy goes "want me to make it go away?" smacks you really hard on the back or something and goes "see, cant even feel that hand hurting anymore?" Out create the problem with something worse.

I could go on for a while but I won't, just keep it together, it'll go away, took me like 2-3 years to quit worrying about every little detail as I just stopped making so many mistakes, but if you do make mistakes, learn from them and move forward.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    Bud,

There's a lot of ways you can do it wrong, there's many mistakes you can make and the fact that you are worried is completely normal, just like anything in life, you want to do it and be good at it, sometimes even the best, it's just how it is. Being worried about potential mistakes or forgetting things is not uncommon, I would consider it a good characteristic before I would think it was a bad one, because the fact that you even can categorize these things as a problem or a concern puts you above a lot of hacks in the industry.

Just for the sake of yourself and everyone around you, don't try to solve things with medication, all a Psych does is tell you what you "need" by talking to you, there's no real testing done and in the end, pills don't fix anything. So just steer clear of all that shit, it will only make it worse or create something else.

It's like when you were a kid and you said, ah, my hand hurts and your buddy goes "want me to make it go away?" smacks you really hard on the back or something and goes "see, cant even feel that hand hurting anymore?" Out create the problem with something worse.

I could go on for a while but I won't, just keep it together, it'll go away, took me like 2-3 years to quit worrying about every little detail as I just stopped making so many mistakes, but if you do make mistakes, learn from them and move forward.

Thank you for your insights brother, I am going to try doing ERP & just hyping myself up before I do things. And I see other hacks doing things i say to myself. How does someone walk away from this and call it done. Like a capacitor in a box. Takes 2 seconds to mount it instead of it moving around causing potential short

Post Likes
    Good deal.

What's ERP?

Do what you gotta do, but I'm telling you, I think what you are running into is perfectly normal for most people, no need to do anything other than the job and make sure it's good, confidence comes with time and experience.

Even seen an old timer do what we call an "old guy" as in, you've been "Old guyed" it's when you can't do something and they come along and they look like they couldn't care less, do something really complicated and cool without barely looking and go, here, it's done. And it's absolutely perfect?

That's experience and confidence.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    Have the beer then go get laid
    As said you just need some old school training, " WTF are you doing dick head, quit checking stuff 100 times and get your ass in the truck, we got more calls " . Visualize me,a 70 yr old grumpy grey headed ******* boss screaming at you after the 2nd or 3rd recheck. You'll stop jacking around and make your company & you eventually more money.
    Yea baby, Preach on Brutha! You speaketh with old school tounge, and you speaketh well.Me and You are the same age, and cut from the same cloth, and need to help the youngins along. I just hope some of our bla bla bla sinks in, and helps to keep our trade alive and well! Take Care Bro.Love Ya.

Post Likes
    Its all about confidence in your abilities..and SLOWING down, trust me even if you do mess up its not the end of the world, remember we are humans and we make mistakes, nobody is perfect..stay healthy,stay safe, work hard, and do your best. Thats all you can do, all the extra worrying is wasted energy. I can relate what your going through..take control of your thoughts/habits and you"ll feel better. Its an everyday war with our minds, you got this!

6. Likes thatguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Co-worker had similar symptoms and then some, doctor put him on Adderall and that took the edge, he swears by it....the old saying..."happy life through chemistry"
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    What does PHM say, worry is a great waste of the imagination. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    Its all about confidence in your abilities..and SLOWING down, trust me even if you do mess up its not the end of the world, remember we are humans and we make mistakes, nobody is perfect..stay healthy,stay safe, work hard, and do your best. Thats all you can do, all the extra worrying is wasted energy. I can relate what your going through..take control of your thoughts/habits and you"ll feel better. Its an everyday war with our minds, you got this!
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    I agree with this. Trying to move at a fast pace to please your dispatcher or customer isn’t always the best thing to do, and it’s those times where you are most likely to forget items and make mistakes. Move at a pace that works for you so you don’t make mistakes, so that you continue to work safely, so that you can assure the customer that they are getting a good quality product when you are done, and so that you can think your process and procedures through properly without second guessing your self.

It gets easier, it took me around ten years before I really became comfortable in the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123