Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 183 to 195 of 248

Thread: Mass shooting

  1. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,490
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Perhaps...but in general they do enforce the laws which could have you in immediate danger....example..woman calls police about husband threatening to kill her.
    You can be assured they will arrive and exceed the speed limit while doing so.
    This is no guarantee the woman doesn't get killed even after they arrive.

    We really wouldn't want them enforcing every little law....little late with the blinker...still rolling a touch instead of full stop...Let's take hilly areas for instance....you are in a bottom on a highway...if it's clear you don't stop...you use that speed to accelerate as fast as you can so you don't get rear ended when someone pops over the hill on the highway you just turned on.
    How about some 14 year old blowing some firecrackers he had left after the fourth...they will act like they didn't see it or tell them to go home.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    The actual purpose of the law is to protect the government law enforcement agency and individual officer from legal actions against them because they failed to act in some way to protect a citizen or prevent a crime. You see, if such a law were not present people would be filing suits against officers and agencies on a regular basis because they were robbed, mugged or whatever you can imagine and the police were not there to protect them.

    So, the courts have ruled that the government has no requirement to protect you even though such services are provided via your tax dollars. This law does not apply to officers who violate the law or act in violation of department policy or use their legal authority incorrectly. That said, courts usually rule (until lately) in favor of the agency or officer when there is some doubt.

    What bothers me is the general anti-police feeling among the population these days. AOC and many of the democrats in power seem to favor less and less law and order and almost despise those we hire to enforce the same laws that lawmaker passed. Really strange times we live in when the same lawmakers who created the laws hate the enforcement of those laws.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  2. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,490
    Post Likes
    For those who think an AR type rifle is not useful for self defense, view the following.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzMx3Z5EbQQ

    This is just a small sample of examples.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  3. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,966
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The actual purpose of the law is to protect the government law enforcement agency and individual officer from legal actions against them because they failed to act in some way to protect a citizen or prevent a crime. You see, if such a law were not present people would be filing suits against officers and agencies on a regular basis because they were robbed, mugged or whatever you can imagine and the police were not there to protect them.

    So, the courts have ruled that the government has no requirement to protect you even though such services are provided via your tax dollars. This law does not apply to officers who violate the law or act in violation of department policy or use their legal authority incorrectly. That said, courts usually rule (until lately) in favor of the agency or officer when there is some doubt.

    What bothers me is the general anti-police feeling among the population these days. AOC and many of the democrats in power seem to favor less and less law and order and almost despise those we hire to enforce the same laws that lawmaker passed. Really strange times we live in when the same lawmakers who created the laws hate the enforcement of those laws.
    Right...the liberals would abuse any lead way an officer should be given...I got robbed while he was eating at a fast food joint...had he not been doing that he would have seen me being robbed by that felon who wasn't allowed to pack.... then laugh at me for having rainbow hair.
    The Democrats are going anti cop in an effort to gain some votes."we are on your side" ..they figure they can get most of the black votes...and maybe lure in some Mexican votes....thing is most Mexicans are fine with the police.
    Those that do break the law don't blame the system like the queer liberals and thuggery blacks...the Mexicans don't claim brutality and so forth.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  4. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,356
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The actual purpose of the law is to protect the government law enforcement agency and individual officer from legal actions against them because they failed to act in some way to protect a citizen or prevent a crime. You see, if such a law were not present people would be filing suits against officers and agencies on a regular basis because they were robbed, mugged or whatever you can imagine and the police were not there to protect them.

    So, the courts have ruled that the government has no requirement to protect you even though such services are provided via your tax dollars. This law does not apply to officers who violate the law or act in violation of department policy or use their legal authority incorrectly. That said, courts usually rule (until lately) in favor of the agency or officer when there is some doubt.

    What bothers me is the general anti-police feeling among the population these days. AOC and many of the democrats in power seem to favor less and less law and order and almost despise those we hire to enforce the same laws that lawmaker passed. Really strange times we live in when the same lawmakers who created the laws hate the enforcement of those laws.
    Dare I say laws are there to protect the bad guys? We wouldn't need laws if 100% of the populous was "good". I have a family member who was a narcotics officer in Chicago with rank of Sgt. He and his crew executed a major drug bust on a well known gang member. The bust happened outside the Chicago city limits and they failed to get proper clearance to make the arrest outside of their jurisdiction. My family member lost his house and the gang member was awarded a $500,000 ghetto lottery payment for false arrest. He then murdered someone. After 3 years of bullshit my family member and his crew were found innocent of all charges. A human lost their life because of loopholes. My family member lost his house because he was just doing his job. The justice system sucks. It is selective. It shouldn't be
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  5. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,490
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Dare I say laws are there to protect the bad guys? We wouldn't need laws if 100% of the populous was "good". I have a family member who was a narcotics officer in Chicago with rank of Sgt. He and his crew executed a major drug bust on a well known gang member. The bust happened outside the Chicago city limits and they failed to get proper clearance to make the arrest outside of their jurisdiction. My family member lost his house and the gang member was awarded a $500,000 ghetto lottery payment for false arrest. He then murdered someone. After 3 years of bullshit my family member and his crew were found innocent of all charges. A human lost their life because of loopholes. My family member lost his house because he was just doing his job. The justice system sucks. It is selective. It shouldn't be
    I am really sorry to hear of this happening in your family. This really is the fault of a poorly conducted justice system and lawyers who have no conscience or concern for actual justice. In addition, we have progressive judges elected or appointed by those on the left, primarily democrats. This is another reason why this business of a president appointing federal judges and supreme court judges is a serious matter.

    And, we have progressive, leftist congressmen and congresswomen particularly progressive democrats again, who oppose the very conservative judges for appointment who would not make these absurd and unjust decisions to the degree your family had to deal with.

    What your family member had to deal with and lose his home makes me quite mad! This happens too often and should not happen at all. How we vote matters a great deal. Serving on a jury matters a great deal. As a juror you have the right and ability to bring some common sense into the courtroom. I have seen judges get mad at the jury for their decision to acquit someone because the law was poorly applied to the one charged. That is the entire purpose of trial by your peers, to judge the application of a particular law to a particular person in the particular circumstances. Check out Jury Nullification sometime. It is the actual way the jury is to function but is hated by the so called justice system. Most judges hate Jury Nullification.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  6. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,356
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I am really sorry to hear of this happening in your family. This really is the fault of a poorly conducted justice system and lawyers who have no conscience or concern for actual justice. In addition, we have progressive judges elected or appointed by those on the left, primarily democrats. This is another reason why this business of a president appointing federal judges and supreme court judges is a serious matter.

    And, we have progressive, leftist congressmen and congresswomen particularly progressive democrats again, who oppose the very conservative judges for appointment who would not make these absurd and unjust decisions to the degree your family had to deal with.

    What your family member had to deal with and lose his home makes me quite mad! This happens too often and should not happen at all. How we vote matters a great deal. Serving on a jury matters a great deal. As a juror you have the right and ability to bring some common sense into the courtroom. I have seen judges get mad at the jury for their decision to acquit someone because the law was poorly applied to the one charged. That is the entire purpose of trial by your peers, to judge the application of a particular law to a particular person in the particular circumstances. Check out Jury Nullification sometime. It is the actual way the jury is to function but is hated by the so called justice system. Most judges hate Jury Nullification.
    If you are able to follow anything on the justice system in Chicago, you'd see that the Chicago police are doing their jobs. Every weekend there are between 100 and 200 arrests for illegal possession of firearms. 95% of those arrested are out on bond within 24 hours. There's been a battle between the police superintendent and the new mayor. It's quite unfortunate that our justice system has been turned into a "social justice system".
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  7. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    If you are able to follow anything on the justice system in Chicago, you'd see that the Chicago police are doing their jobs. Every weekend there are between 100 and 200 arrests for illegal possession of firearms. 95% of those arrested are out on bond within 24 hours. There's been a battle between the police superintendent and the new mayor. It's quite unfortunate that our justice system has been turned into a "social justice system".
    Same sort of of thing here, with city and county prosecutors both minority social justice warriors. Soros backed.

    Really angering a lot of folks.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

    They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

  8. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Likes
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...234912107.html

    No, no and no.

    This is the very attitude that led to Parkland; the heart and soul of destructive liberalism: The avoidance of responsibility.

    It is from within the ranks of those kids not suspended for grievous infractions (that's why you would be suspended, after all - right?) that the next mass shooter will emerge. In the best case scenario they will be a distraction to those who are trying to fulfill their primary school obligations.

    Ironically...and quite galling - some kids will be continue to be suspended for displaying a conservative mindset or thinking against the herd.

    Just last Thursday a guy on the north side was hanging out in the wee hours in the hood with drugs and a young child in the back seat. Our city prosecutor displayed the very same notion as the above article alludes to: There should have been no attempted intervention on behalf of the police...no consequences. "It was the fault of the police that the guy pulled a gun and was shot (my sarcastic quote)."

    And thugs are openly throwing buckets of water and potentially harmful projectiles at police in New York city.

    Could it be any more apparent that liberalism ends in anarchy?
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

    They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

  9. #191
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,719
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...234912107.html

    No, no and no.

    This is the very attitude that led to Parkland; the heart and soul of destructive liberalism: The avoidance of responsibility.

    It is from within the ranks of those kids not suspended for grievous infractions (that's why you would be suspended, after all - right?) that the next mass shooter will emerge. In the best case scenario they will be a distraction to those who are trying to fulfill their primary school obligations.

    Ironically...and quite galling - some kids will be continue to be suspended for displaying a conservative mindset or thinking against the herd.

    Just last Thursday a guy on the north side was hanging out in the wee hours in the hood with drugs and a young child in the back seat. Our city prosecutor displayed the very same notion as the above article alludes to: There should have been no attempted intervention on behalf of the police...no consequences. "It was the fault of the police that the guy pulled a gun and was shot (my sarcastic quote)."

    And thugs are openly throwing buckets of water and potentially harmful projectiles at police in New York city.

    Could it be any more apparent that liberalism ends in anarchy?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  10. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,966
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    .

    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  11. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,619
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    .

    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    I don't believe that's why Maine is safe. Maine has always been safe.I have spent time in that whole area. What makes that area, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, safer, from just my experience, is there is no racial strife. Most every one is white. Not that white people are safer, just that most races get along better with each other.
    They have a large agricultural base that had a history of co-operation.
    Maine is small with mostly very small towns. Small enough that many know one another.
    Neighbor is Canada. Maybe some of the Ca-nook rubbed off. I know proximity can sometimes make a difference.
    Like most other States, Maine is experiencing racial changes. People mistrust what they don't know or understand. Maybe that's behind the law change. An influx of other races.

    Just a question. Bush Senior has a nice house in Maine on the ocean just across the border from NH. He flies 2 flags. The USA flag but also the Texas State flag. No Maine flags flown. Should Maine ask Bush to either fly Maine's flag or go to your real home, Texas! Hmmmm....Pondering..
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  12. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,356
    Post Likes
    Mass stabbing in FL. Guess we need to ban knives now. https://www.yahoo.com/news/tallahass...142406959.html
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  13. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,490
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Mass stabbing in FL. Guess we need to ban knives now. https://www.yahoo.com/news/tallahass...142406959.html
    I want to point out that this is in a state where firearms are legal to purchase, own and carry. According to the left they are too easily obtained. Yet, the attacker chose to use a knife. So, it is not so much the weapon as it is the attacker himself that is the problem.

    Any chance the left will acknowledge that the item is not the cause?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •