Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 170 to 182 of 248

Thread: Mass shooting

  1. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    42,335
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    You know I just don't get it, many years ago everyone could carry, and people were polite to each other. Why is today so different, its because people no longer worry about being polite, there is no consequence for being and idiot.

    Does anyone really believe that its the Police responsibility to protect YOU.

    It is not, they will come "After the Fact". If they are there, its by chance.

    Its your responsibility to protect yourself and family, own up to it.

    Roy
    According to several cases presented to SCOTUS...

    Roy is correct...

    The police have NO responsibility to protect citizens...
    NONE at all!

    Wake up folks...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  2. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  3. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,704
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I like that "sense of entitlement is what causes people to shoot each other over lane changes."
    That sounds right. Just an escalation of the feelings many have when being slighted or more so when very justified. I have told my wife "No fingers." For some giving the finger is justifiable homicide.
    Maybe we need another war to bring us back. A feeling of brotherhood and shared values. That sounds like a politician hoping for votes. I think I get these ideas being born and raised during and after WW2. A feeling of one nation.That history allows me to realize, that was a special time and it can't be replicated. Example was Vietnam. That war only caused separation and intolerance. Still does for some.

    Today there are people that go to other extremes to make sure they tell every military person they support them."Thank you for your service". Problem is they didn't have to serve because we have a voluntary military. I see guilt being the motivation sometimes.
    I my perfect USA, ALL would serve if at all possible. If not the military, in some capacity. For many it would be the first chance to do something beyond themselves. An invoice for the cost of freedom.

    When I was young I could buy a gun in the hardware store. I think I was supposed to be 18. Maybe 16 , not sure. I never heard of mass shootings. There were inner city kid gangs in some places. They made "zip" guns. Home made used more as a threat and questionable if they could actually shoot or hit anything. Switch blades, sticks.
    It's a poor example of freedom and liberty when those rights have to be used to arm it's citizens against each other.
    Is the Empire about to fall?
    Everyone is raised to believe they are special in school...no accountability for ones actions...the teachers are the bad guys and everyone gets a trophy.
    No spankings at home...nor school.
    Parents are the first to cuss out the school for any discipline to the child.
    Queers are treated special.
    Blacks.... special.
    Mexicans ... special.
    Muslims.... special.
    Fat.... special.
    Short... special.
    Someone flicked your ear.... special...due to bully laws.
    No God.
    No teaching of what is right and wrong.
    Sadly none of 'special' works in the real world..it's a jungle and the people are constantly feeling wronged by society.
    People don't even look when they cross a parking lot on foot...they are special.
    People no longer wait for the guy that has his backup lights on... courtesy is gone in general..we have raised brats.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  4. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  5. #172
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,311
    Post Likes
    You're behind the times. Here, let me bring you up to speed. Heard this today on the morning radio, then just Googled, and here is the top of the page first result.

    https://www.edutopia.org/article/do-...-hurt-students

    Can't remember what state or city, but somehow I'm thinking New Jersey. The idea is that bad grades are bad for the student. So, this school [not necessarily anything in the link] chose not to give a child a zero. Meaning, he/she could get every question on a test wrong, and they would grade that as 50%.

    Talk about how insane the progressive left is . . . I honestly cannot fathom a grading system like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Everyone is raised to believe they are special in school...no accountability for ones actions...the teachers are the bad guys and everyone gets a trophy.
    No spankings at home...nor school.
    Parents are the first to cuss out the school for any discipline to the child.
    Queers are treated special.
    Blacks.... special.
    Mexicans ... special.
    Muslims.... special.
    Fat.... special.
    Short... special.
    Someone flicked your ear.... special...due to bully laws.
    No God.
    No teaching of what is right and wrong.
    Sadly none of 'special' works in the real world..it's a jungle and the people are constantly feeling wronged by society.
    People don't even look when they cross a parking lot on foot...they are special.
    People no longer wait for the guy that has his backup lights on... courtesy is gone in general..we have raised brats.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  6. #173
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You're behind the times. Here, let me bring you up to speed. Heard this today on the morning radio, then just Googled, and here is the top of the page first result.

    https://www.edutopia.org/article/do-...-hurt-students

    Can't remember what state or city, but somehow I'm thinking New Jersey. The idea is that bad grades are bad for the student. So, this school [not necessarily anything in the link] chose not to give a child a zero. Meaning, he/she could get every question on a test wrong, and they would grade that as 50%.

    Talk about how insane the progressive left is . . . I honestly cannot fathom a grading system like that.
    They do both the student and society a disservice. Just one more way the Left "helps".

  7. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,561
    Post Likes
    It's said the following generation rebels against their parents. We can only hope.
    The generation that raised kids after WW2 got hippies. Hippies got Gen ** something kids. Hippies didn't like getting spanked when they were kids so they said "Don't spank." Some said they were Spocked instead of spanked after DR. Spock who wrote kid raising books.
    I don't know if this always holds. My little sister was in the middle of the hippie saga and she is a conservative.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  8. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    42,335
    Post Likes
    I read at a few places...

    That the new Gen Z kids (college and post college age)...

    Do NOT trust anyone or anything... just want to be left alone...
    And are quite thrifty!!!

    Now if we can just get them to grow a backbone and understand self defense... and holding contempt for polecats...
    There may be hope... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  9. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    7,369
    Post Likes
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

    They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

  10. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I like that "sense of entitlement is what causes people to shoot each other over lane changes."
    That sounds right. Just an escalation of the feelings many have when being slighted or more so when very justified. I have told my wife "No fingers." For some giving the finger is justifiable homicide.
    Maybe we need another war to bring us back. A feeling of brotherhood and shared values. That sounds like a politician hoping for votes. I think I get these ideas being born and raised during and after WW2. A feeling of one nation.That history allows me to realize, that was a special time and it can't be replicated. Example was Vietnam. That war only caused separation and intolerance. Still does for some.

    Today there are people that go to other extremes to make sure they tell every military person they support them."Thank you for your service". Problem is they didn't have to serve because we have a voluntary military. I see guilt being the motivation sometimes.
    I my perfect USA, ALL would serve if at all possible. If not the military, in some capacity. For many it would be the first chance to do something beyond themselves. An invoice for the cost of freedom.

    When I was young I could buy a gun in the hardware store. I think I was supposed to be 18. Maybe 16 , not sure. I never heard of mass shootings. There were inner city kid gangs in some places. They made "zip" guns. Home made used more as a threat and questionable if they could actually shoot or hit anything. Switch blades, sticks.
    It's a poor example of freedom and liberty when those rights have to be used to arm it's citizens against each other.
    Is the Empire about to fall?


    Well said hvacker.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  11. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Everyone is raised to believe they are special in school...no accountability for ones actions...the teachers are the bad guys and everyone gets a trophy.
    No spankings at home...nor school.
    Parents are the first to cuss out the school for any discipline to the child.
    Queers are treated special.
    Blacks.... special.
    Mexicans ... special.
    Muslims.... special.
    Fat.... special.
    Short... special.
    Someone flicked your ear.... special...due to bully laws.
    No God.
    No teaching of what is right and wrong.
    Sadly none of 'special' works in the real world..it's a jungle and the people are constantly feeling wronged by society.
    People don't even look when they cross a parking lot on foot...they are special.
    People no longer wait for the guy that has his backup lights on... courtesy is gone in general..we have raised brats.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Dang Missouri!

    You "took th' words outa my mouth".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  12. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  13. #179
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,217
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Everyone is raised to believe they are special in school...no accountability for ones actions...the teachers are the bad guys and everyone gets a trophy.
    No spankings at home...nor school.
    Parents are the first to cuss out the school for any discipline to the child.
    Queers are treated special.
    Blacks.... special.
    Mexicans ... special.
    Muslims.... special.
    Fat.... special.
    Short... special.
    White...disdained
    Someone flicked your ear.... special...due to bully laws.
    No God.
    No teaching of what is right and wrong.
    Sadly none of 'special' works in the real world..it's a jungle and the people are constantly feeling wronged by society.
    People don't even look when they cross a parking lot on foot...they are special.
    People no longer wait for the guy that has his backup lights on... courtesy is gone in general..we have raised brats.
    Fixed.

  14. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  15. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    This "Bad Parenting/ Bad & Immoral Schooling" has existed since the mid 70s to Today, so, I'm curious, ....... With the several so called "Conservative Administrations" as well at times a large "Conservative" Representation in Congress, ...........

    How can the Downfall& Immorality of Our Society be continually blamed on Progressive Liberals?

    I'm thinking that with the Republicans having had control several times since the 60s, ..... That they could have Quickly Undone what the Democrats had brought about, ..... Yet that didn't happen.

    Although I was young, I can remember Gov. George Wallace of Alabama opposing the Racial Integration of the Public School System, that the Kennedy Administration ordered to happen:

    " I stand before you here today in place of thousands of other Alabamians whose presence would have confronted you had I been derelict and neglected to fulfill the responsibilities of my office. It is the right of every citizen, however humble he may be, through his chosen officials of representative government to stand courageously against whatever he believes to be the exercise of power beyond the Constitutional rights conferred upon our Federal Government. It is this right which I assert for the people of Alabama by my presence here today.

    Again I state – this is the exercise of the heritage of the freedom and liberty under the law – coupled with responsible government.

    Now, therefore, in consideration of the premises, and in my official capacity as Governor of the State of Alabama, I do hereby make the following solemn proclamation:

    WHEREAS, the Constitution of Alabama vests the supreme executive powers of the State in the Governor as the Chief Magistrate, and said Constitution requires of the Governor that he take care that the laws be faithfully executed; and,

    WHEREAS, the Constitution of the United States, Amendment 10, reserves to the States respectively or to the people, those powers not delegated to the United States; and,

    WHEREAS, the operation of the public school system is a power reserved to the State of Alabama under the Constitution of the United States and Amendment 10 thereof; and,

    WHEREAS, it is the duty of the Governor of the State of Alabama to preserve the peace under the circumstances now existing, which power is one reserved to the State of Alabama and the people thereof under the Constitution of the United States and Amendment10 thereof.

    NOW, THEREFORE, I, George C. Wallace, as Governor of the State of Alabama, have by my action raised issues between the Central Government and the Sovereign State of Alabama, which said issues should be adjudicated in the manner prescribed by the Constitution of the United States; and now being mindful of my duties and responsibilities under the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of the State of Alabama, and seeking to preserve and maintain the peace and dignity of this State, and the individual freedoms of the citizens thereof, do hereby denounce and forbid this illegal and unwarranted action by the Central Government.

    George C. Wallace
    GOVERNOR OF ALABAMA"


    https://archives.alabama.gov/govs_list/schooldoor.html

    ------

    "So when a federal judge ordered Malone and Hood be admitted to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa that summer, Wallace had the perfect opportunity to fulfill his pledge, Elliott reports.

    Cully Clark is dean of the university's College of Communication and author of The Schoolhouse Door: Segregation's Last Stand at the University of Alabama. He says President Kennedy and his brother, Attorney General Robert Kennedy, personally negotiated what was to happen in Tuscaloosa that summer, but they weren't sure what Wallace would do.

    "They knew he would step aside," Clark says. "I think the fundamental question was how." Just in case, Clark says, National Guard troops had practiced how to physically lift the governor out of the doorway.

    On June 11, with temperatures soaring, a large contingent of national media looked on as Wallace took his position in front of Foster Auditorium. State troopers surrounded the building. Then, flanked by federal marshals, Deputy Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach told Wallace he simply wanted him to abide by the federal court order.

    Wallace refused, citing the constitutional right of states to operate public schools, colleges and universities. Katzenbach called President Kennedy, who federalized the Alabama National Guard to help with the crisis. Ultimately, Wallace stepped aside and the two students were allowed to register for classes.

    But the incident catapulted the governor into the national spotlight and he went on to make four runs at the presidency. It was also a watershed event for President Kennedy, who in staring down the South's most defiant segregationist aligned himself solidly with the civil rights movement."


    https://www.npr.org/2003/06/11/12946...hoolhouse-door
    ------------

    Similiar acts happened during the Eisenhower Administration:

    https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti.../big/0925.html
    -----------



    So, ..... Why didn't the "Conservatives" Seize the Initiative, especially when Democrat Presidents had set a Precedent, ... & FEDERALLY Bring back what made America a Moral & Powerful Juggernaut in the World?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  16. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,561
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    According to several cases presented to SCOTUS...

    Roy is correct...

    The police have NO responsibility to protect citizens...
    NONE at all!

    Wake up folks...
    Police are to keep the peace. Also not obligated to enforce the law. Peace trumps law. Not sure how many cops know that. Or lawyers. Or even if it's still valid.
    Was the Colt single six called the Peace Maker?
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  17. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,704
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Police are to keep the peace. Also not obligated to enforce the law. Peace trumps law. Not sure how many cops know that. Or lawyers. Or even if it's still valid.
    Was the Colt single six called the Peace Maker?
    Perhaps...but in general they do enforce the laws which could have you in immediate danger....example..woman calls police about husband threatening to kill her.
    You can be assured they will arrive and exceed the speed limit while doing so.
    This is no guarantee the woman doesn't get killed even after they arrive.

    We really wouldn't want them enforcing every little law....little late with the blinker...still rolling a touch instead of full stop...Let's take hilly areas for instance....you are in a bottom on a highway...if it's clear you don't stop...you use that speed to accelerate as fast as you can so you don't get rear ended when someone pops over the hill on the highway you just turned on.
    How about some 14 year old blowing some firecrackers he had left after the fourth...they will act like they didn't see it or tell them to go home.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •