+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just venting

Post Likes

Just venting

Don't you just love when people threaten you with a bad post on social media ! A new customer calls on August the 5th for an "A/C Tuneup". We go out to find a 14 yr old system . No problem . Do the usual . Water wash it. Do all our checks. Tell her what she has. All good. Call her the next day to see how the tech did. She was very pleased. Understood her equipment was old and would need replacement soon. Roll to today. She says her unit is sqeauling and that her "cousin" in Nashville says that because we didn't let the unit cool before washing it that it is our fault and she is going to every social media sight and bad mouth us if we don't fix it. We kindly explain to her that the condenser is able to get wet hot or cold . That the rain doesn't know when it is cooled. "oh, that's different" she says. Just gotta love people some times. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Post Likes
    Unfortunately we should be able to put them on a national do not call list for contractors. Reviews have become the I will strong arm you if I don’t get what I want. Remember we don’t negotiate with terrorists cya
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    That would be collusion.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    You can avoid the crazies as best you can but every so often someone is going to surprise you.

Post Likes
    One reason why I don't do residential.

Post Likes
    Why is it that most anytime someone questions a tech by asking another tech, that tech instantly turns over the "trash em" card? I see a lack of having a brothers back. I also see a client who found the answer she was lookin for in an obvious idiot is now the expert. Another example is we get called, do a great job of quick service, get the people on line,collect a check for our service. Fast forward 3 days and now they have called around and found someone who confirmed their thought, "could I have gotten this done cheaper?" Now you are a crook for providing good service.

Post Likes
    By the way was the cousin even a technician?

Post Likes
    sometimes you have to fire a customer. some cases such as yours are best left to fizzle out by itself. the old ---if you keep stirring the pot---adage.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    Why is it that most anytime someone questions a tech by asking another tech, that tech instantly turns over the "trash em" card? I see a lack of having a brothers back. I also see a client who found the answer she was lookin for in an obvious idiot is now the expert. Another example is we get called, do a great job of quick service, get the people on line,collect a check for our service. Fast forward 3 days and now they have called around and found someone who confirmed their thought, "could I have gotten this done cheaper?" Now you are a crook for providing good service.
    Depends on the situation to be honest. Over the phone no I dont know what the true story is so im not going to bash anyone, customer or competitor. But if someone is obviously cutting corners and creating safety issues, no Im not going to "have their back". Im not going to start blabbering on about how they did everything wrong, I might say something along the lines of "I dont understand why they did this" or "thats not how the manufacture wants this done" type deal. But im not gonna support and have the backs of the hacks.

Post Likes
    Doesn't matter to me...I don't look at or could care about what they have to say in that social media crap!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Doesn't matter to me...I don't look at or could care about what they have to say in that social media crap!
    Myself , I dont care either. I could shoot it down with a good rebuttal .But, this day and age, lots of new clients go off of reviews and I dont want any bad reviews true or false. She really doesnt have a leg to stand on , I just dont like when they make threats.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by a1cycler View Post
    Myself , I dont care either. I could shoot it down with a good rebuttal .But, this day and age, lots of new clients go off of reviews and I dont want any bad reviews true or false. She really doesnt have a leg to stand on , I just dont like when they make threats.
    The clients that go by that Crap I Don’t Want!

Post Likes
    I would remind her that extortion is a crime that she could be punished for.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in