Post Likes

Overseas Energy Position

Possible overseas REM (Resource Efficiency Mgr) opening up in Germany. Work at various US Army base. Need CEM certificate + HVAC/controls background is a plus. Pay is lower 6 digit + housing allowance. 11 staff required; "75%" chance of winning contract. To start next month.

Post Likes
    How do you hear about this stuff? And do you find good value from getting the CEM certificate? I never heard of that until you posted it.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    The contract was awarded. The company president put out a bid - he's been doing it for over 30 years. Sometimes you win sometime you 'bite the bar'. After "17yrs" of doing DDC controls, pay raises we're limited; getting competition from the young recruits; got tired of climbing ladders to look another 'dumb' VAV controller and driving 24K/yr. So I quit the job and went back to 'school' - took more Tridium courses (always recommend Vern & his MOV courses) and took energy courses to get my certificates: CEM (Certified of Energy Mgt) & CMVP (Certified M&V Professional). The goal was to mix Energy with Tridium. Value? Got a position with Optimum Energy (Seattle) - advance Tridium code to optimize chiller plant - interesting for awhile until the big layoff (2014). With the energy certificates got into 'energy' jobs - some state-side, some abroad. So I've come to learn that there's two kinds of 'engineers' - 'paper' engineers & 'field' engineers. I'm kind of simplifying it a bit but both sides are important. I've seen many 'paper' energy engineers or mech. or whatever, good folks, but have no experience in the field - like a chiller plant. No idea how to do a Level 2 energy audit to determine the performance of a chiller system. Even to work with data loggers. DDC controls? no such experience. Controls is the heart & soul of energy conservation. And I do see a lot of Tridium. Now I'm not doing the actual DDC tech work, but I can work with those that do and advise on the sequence per energy savings (& know when to smell BS). It all starts with 'paper' engineering, but those out in the field know another story. More value? See attached PDFs (if you look closely you'll see controls).

We still need qualified staff. Appreciate anyone reaching out to those with energy experience (and having that CEM).
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes unonut liked this post