Post Likes

36k fujitsu lineset run

Hello techs , I installed a 36k fujistu split unit , but ran the refrigeration piping about 11ft to outdoor unit , I guess I didnt read the instructions on this install, which is minimum pipe length of 16ft , usually its 10ft for most units which is why I installed piping 11ft & not read manual.I havent start up the unit yet, my question is would i get away with 11ft pipe ran or problem would arise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    16’?
    I have to look that up but from every class, if that’s what they want that’s what they get!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    16’?
    I have to look that up but from every class, if that’s what they want that’s what they get!
    yes 16' minimum is the pipe run for 36k btu units between indoor & outdoor, its 10' minimum for fujitisu 12k -24k btu units according to brochure.I got to comfortable running pipe for smaller size units ,know I have to redue piping & extend few ft., to make 16' ,not sure if I can count the indoor head, suction & liquid lines that already come in few ft. length ,I could be just fine in total length , I just dont want to redue piping if I dont have to ,but would diffently read through everything next time.thanks for looking in.indoor unit M# ASU36RLXB outdoor M#AOU36RLXB,thanks for looking in.

Post Likes
    Ive known to be wrong. I believe the minimum 16’ is due to noise from the refrigerant. Not a performance issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Ive known to be wrong. I believe the minimum 16’ is due to noise from the refrigerant. Not a performance issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just called fujistsu tech support ,they said the minimum pipe ran is for noise, but this unit will be cooling/heating a commercial space so noise wouldn't be a problem for them I dont believe it will make such noise to be a concern ,its usualy a problem if it's for a residential place.thanks for reading my post.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    16’?
    just called fujistsu tech support ,they said the minimum pipe ran is for noise, but this unit will be cooling/heating a commercial space so noise wouldn't be a problem for them, I dont believe it will make such noise to be a concern ,its usualy a problem if it's for a residential place.thanks for reading my post