+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding a fan relay

Post Likes

Adding a fan relay

To whom it may reach..
    I added AC to a manufactured home (modular) furnace. The type where you slide the Mortex Coil in the bottom housing of furnace.(Downflow).

My question is, and its probably a dumb one but here it goes.. I need to add a fan relay to kick the fan on when calling for cool. What type of fan relay will I need to install? Again probably a no brainer, but I just opened my doors back in April and Ive been so soo busy and too much on my mind to remember something so simple.. Thanks in advance and I hope this is the correct area to post this thread!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoutac View Post
    To whom it may reach..
    I added AC to a manufactured home (modular) furnace. The type where you slide the Mortex Coil in the bottom housing of furnace.(Downflow).

My question is, and its probably a dumb one but here it goes.. I need to add a fan relay to kick the fan on when calling for cool. What type of fan relay will I need to install? Again probably a no brainer, but I just opened my doors back in April and Ive been so soo busy and too much on my mind to remember something so simple.. Thanks in advance and I hope this is the correct area to post this thread!
    Your profile says Owner / Tech so why an electric 101 question?

Post Likes
    use something like a 90-340 relay, It is good for 6.9 amps.that is a generic relay number, made by several manufacturers.

R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    Does it not already have a fan relay for a g call? I would just let my thermostat call for g and make shure its the correct speed.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    Rib u1c
    Use y to energize coil, pass line power through n.o. Contact

Post Likes
    Use G for the coil

Take L1 from blower relay on board and land on C. Take NO on relay and wire to AC speed for blower.

Take heat speed and put on NC on other contact on the relay. Make a jumper from heat speed tap on board and put on C on other relay.

That way if someone has fan on and they turn the heat on, both heat speed and ac speed cant both be energized which will smoke the motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Your profile says Owner / Tech so why an electric 101 question?
    Right! Soon as I got to looking at the wiring I knew exactly which relay to use and how to wire it..
    Single Pull Normally Open (SPNC)

Post Likes
    This puppy old. it's equipped with thermal disc type switches that turns on the only speed the motor has which was 1200 CFM.

Post Likes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in