Post Likes

A bad Goodman systems. Need advice

1 year ago I purchased two Goodman Heat Pump Systems. One system was for the upstairs, and one is down. Both compressors are on the roof of my unit. I LIVE IN A TOWNHOUSE AND ARE LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES. THE DEALERS NAME WILL NOT BE MENTIONED.
    Since the units were installed I have been receiving error messages. I have had the installer out here at least 6 times, and have another call this coming week. The error messages I receive are listed below.

The following are the model numbers of my units.
    Upstairs.
    Model : GSCZ180361CA. OUTDOOR COMPRESSOR
    Model : AVPTC37B14AA. INDOOR

D2 system mismatch. The other messages say that the air flow does not meet the requirements. Generally the upstairs works but puts out theses system mismatch messages.

My question to the community. If the units are mismatched what will happen to this eqipment over time?
    The installing dealer suppressed these messages at first in the thermostat.

The downstairs system is much more problematic.

DOWNSTAIRS
    Model : GSCZ180361CA. OUTDOOR COMPRESSOR
    Model : AVPTC36C14AB INDOOR

D2 System Mismatch
    BO No airflow heat pump reports O CfM
    B1 MOTOR COMM lack of communications between control and motor

Line volt Fault
    No indoor Air Flow
    Inadequate Air Flow
    HPC Trip

The unit now only blows out cold air intermittently. As I write this post the unit shows that the indoor temp is 80 degrees and the unit is set for 75 degrees. The status says cool phase 1 and two are both “on”. However there is no airflow whether the thermostat is set to on or auto. Every couple of days the unit does cut on a cool the downstairs. Times are totally random.

MY QUESTION IS, IF THE TWO SYSTEMS ARE MISMATCHED. WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED? IS SOMETHING ELSE CAUSING THESE ERRORS. ?

WHAT ARE MY AVENUES TO GET THE SYSTEMS WORKING.?

SHALL I HAVE THE DEALER REMOVE THE EQUIPMENT AND START ALL OVER.

I FAILED TO MENION THAT THE DEALER PUT THEM ON A GREENSKYS FINANCING PROGRAM NO PAYMENTS FOR 18 MONTHS. SHALL I GET THEM INVOLVED.

MANY THANKS for your responses and advice.
    STAR 76.

Post Likes
    “ MY QUESTION IS, IF THE TWO SYSTEMS ARE MISMATCHED. WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED? IS SOMETHING ELSE CAUSING THESE ERRORS. ? “

https://www.theacoutlet.com/document...man-GSZC18.pdf

Page 19 shows all the matches, both systems are not matched, but will that cause your issues...??? Don’t know..

https://ahridirectory.org/Home/Downl...9myah1/DOzjaBf

https://ahridirectory.org/Home/Downl...9AvG8pxetvrVpn

Both upstairs and downstairs says you need the 37C model Air Handler which stands for 21” wide your upstairs has the 37B 17” wide Air Handler.

The other 36C number shows you need a 37C model.

To bad they never installed AHRI matches as those two system would easily qualify for any rebates your state or local utility company may have, but you need a matching AHRI system.

BTW it’s GSZC18 not GSCZ18

Did someone at least register those systems? If not the manufacturers warranty decreases significantly if never registered ( California and Quebec need not to be registered to receive the full manufacturers warranty)

“ SHALL I HAVE THE DEALER REMOVE THE EQUIPMENT AND START ALL OVER. “

Ask them why they did not install AHRI matched system, if they say we did, then ask them to prove it by providing the AHRI certificates number like the two given..
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 09-02-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Post Likes
    Thank you.