+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finished product

Post Likes

Finished product

I'm back and ready for more critiquing. 80K S9V2 with a 2.5 ton XL16i. This was the customer I had with the programmable stat delima. Ended up using a Honeywell T6. And commence.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Looks great. So why shorten the higher tonnage to just add a base anyways trane?

Post Likes
    Not too shabby. Everything looks crooked though. Flue is done nicely.

Any vanes in the return?

That water heater needs some attention. I cant see it venting that well with big flue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yeah, I don't know why it looks so bad, I think the lineset goes a little up hill above the coil and I think it's just making a bad illusion. I know I leveled that piece of duct after pulling the old plenum. Yes, there are vanes in the return. And I thought the same thing about the water heater, mentioned it to the customer also. Didn't want to address it at this time. We've backed out of a lot of water heater work just because of the amount of installation work we've had lately. Training a couple new guys the past couple months trying to get multiple install crews going. I'll be back Thursday to install a backing plate on the thermostat, I'll be sure to check on that ductwork.

Post Likes
    whats the shower for when he gets lost down stairs or the old lady gets mad

Post Likes
    Always a shower after you hide the body...everyone knows that, right?

Actually I would like a shower in the basement with an outdoor entrance for when I come home extra cruddy.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Nice job on the return. With the small return openings on those furnaces, a spacer between filter and furnace is needed and adding bottom return really lowers the restriction. I cringe when I see a 16x25 or 20x25 right against the furnace. Nice clean installation. Like that you added intake air. Our salesman wouldn't have brought it up sad to say.

Post Likes
    We are actually starting to flair out the heel on our return drops to inhibit equal coverage on our filters. Like a 10 x 25 is now getting increased to 14 or 16 x 25 before the side return intake. Our statics have gone down about .1 to .15 because of it.

9. Likes chrisevansac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks everyone. Adlerberts, my preference is actually to just make a full radius 90° return, this customer wanted to keep the width no more than the previous system so I opted to utilize the couple inches on the spacer instead of making an extremely tight inside radius.
    Back to the matter of the crooked appearance. A couple factors compounded to give such a bad illusion. One being a slightly crooked photographer... the lineset has a slight upwards slant above the coil, and most of all, I forgot, I had to fabricate a 3 or 4" offset for the supply. Kinda hard to see unless you're looking for it.

Post Likes
    On the new Trane furnace line, the opening for return air is 14x18 so if you put a 16x25 air cleaner right on the side of the furnace, you'll have a big chunk of it not getting any air. Only 14x18 of it. Might make customers wonder when they see so much white on their media. Our distributor sells a transition from the 14x18 to 16x25 to improve it although still more air will go through the back end of the media.

We are not impressed with that aspect of the S series furnaces.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in