Post Likes

N4 Niagara connections keep dropping in and out. Why?

I've got a multi-station site and it's common for at least some of them to go disconnected for some reason. From time to time there will be a catastrophe and the certifications will get de-authorized as well, meaning the customer schedule changes don't go through, and any changes made from the graphics aren't fired to the controllers at all.

Anybody know why this might be happening?

Post Likes
    Eliminate the easy stuff first. Are the hosts (Supervisor or JACEs) rebooting (power issues)? Is it the client's network or a BMS/BAS only network? If it is the customer's network, are they doing any sort of IT scans that might cause the interruptions? Most of the time I've seen issues like that they were IT originated. They "weren't doing anything"...but when they did it broke...when they weren't it worked.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theintegrator View Post
    Eliminate the easy stuff first. Are the hosts (Supervisor or JACEs) rebooting (power issues)? Is it the client's network or a BMS/BAS only network? If it is the customer's network, are they doing any sort of IT scans that might cause the interruptions? Most of the time I've seen issues like that they were IT originated. They "weren't doing anything"...but when they did it broke...when they weren't it worked.

Yeesh man. Most of my customer sites don't have dedicated networks. It's scary to think that the connections are fragile enough to drop out because of scans. I'll have to parlay with the IT trolls and find out what all they get up to.

Even so, de-authorizing user certificates seems drastic for a network interruption. Is that SOP for Niagara networks?