Post Likes

Quick N4 station backup run locally question

I'm having some trouble running a station backup locally. I have a drive pulled from my old crashed computer and I seem to have recovered the C:\Users\myname\Niagara4.4\JENEsys directory without issue and I can see the station I want in stations. I moved both the station and backups to my local computer, same folder. On my new computer Platform daemon says it installed successfully, in 4.4 I can log into my local platform but I get nothing at the top of the screen in application director. Simply says connected to local host and no stations are listed at all. The one time I did mess up and have my AX 3.8.311 platform daemon running when I opened 4.4 I did see all the stations I had in AX in my 4.4 application director.

Interestingly enough when I go into station copier I CAN see the local stations application director can't on the left.

So why can't 4.4 see the stations I have?

Post Likes
    user home vs daemon home.

Station copy them over and they should be available. Just keep in mind what you recovered was your user home and may not be as current as what you had in the daemon home. So if things are missing, look there on your old HD.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I did all my work on the jace so honestly my backups are likely more current, but I did tend to transfer locally too. I took my bog out of a backup and stuck that in a new station folder and couldn't open that either, needed the station copier you mentioned.

Luckily I did find the system passphrase and logins.

Had some weird issues surrounding the axcommunity modules but reinstalling the daemon seemed to fix that and got into the station.

That was a little panic attack, I don't exactly need this station but I need to be better at doing backups and verifying the backups work. Thanks.

Post Likes
    One last thing, during restore it said passhprase didn't match current system passphrase and I had the passphrase from the old computer and was able to restore it.

BUT that tells me my new computer passphrase is different, and I have no idea what it is. And I can't change it without the old one? What to do from here?

Post Likes
    Try tridium or niagara and if that don't work, just reset it. Think that option is under tools or a right click option on a bog file. In AX land today and don't recall off memory. Should be in the docs.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Double click the bog file so it shows the properties view on the right. There is a option under the file tab to reset passphrase, and an icon you almost never see active accross the top that has a padlock on it will be lit up. It is the same thing.
    That is how to reset the passphrase on the bog file.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    It will say something like "BOG File Protection". Once you click it you will have the options available. Don't forget to save the bog file after you are finished.