Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortview

Post Likes

Comfortview

I was called in to help another tech with some “really old” carrier controls. I found a 6400 and a comfortview display. I used my NSTV to create and copy the database. I showed him how to make adjustments through the HMI. He asked about graphics which I don’t normally use. But I believe comfortview software would allow me build graphics. I’m not familiar with this as I have used nst for the most part and hmi displays to always do what I needed. Can any of the controls guys shed some light on this?

Post Likes
    You can build graphics in comfort view. Time consuming, will need base images to use. The graphics reside in the comfort view database. Don't think comfort view runs dependably on anything newer than xp. I wouldn't waste my time.if they want graphics look into ivu. If your not familiar with 6400s. That 6400 may also have best + programs on it as well that don't get copied over with database upload of controller. That is a separate step.

Post Likes
    ComfortVIEW was a suite of a couple of different applications...one for managing the devices, programming, etc; one for graphics (WorkSPACE manager); one for alarms; one for....You could make graphics (set a background image, map data points), but it is only visible from the computer with ComfortVIEW on it...no browser access.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    My local rep informed me that he doesn’t think comfortview is supported anymore. I don’t know best programming and at this point I’m being discouraged to learn an antiquated language. Basically I’m to continue with the nst to access. I did finally get time to read on the 6400 enough to realize the best needs a separate import from the controller. Some best resides in there as I have buss points from the controller and point status with best or program next to them.

Post Likes
    Get an ivu and save the headache. it will upload anything on the ccn. ( need the ccn usb or a ccn router.) and you can make new floor plan graphics if you want

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjc View Post
    My local rep informed me that he doesn’t think comfortview is supported anymore.
    It is still supported and for sale. They are in the process of updating it for Windows 10.

The original comfort controllers (1600/6400) are no longer available. There is a updated 6400 to replace both products, it has 1600 compatibility mode to directly replace a 1600 controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    That’s great to know! Thanks

Post Likes
    I work on Carrier every day, and I’m almost certain comfortview is no longer supported or available. Why would they bring back comfortview for Windows 10 when i-Vu is the newest supported system and can easily handle CCN, bacnet, etc.? If it was in the process of being upgraded to anything other than XP, it would’ve happened by now — considering vista, 7 and 8 have already run their course. Carrier doesn’t even provide training on comfortview.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    I work on Carrier every day, and I’m almost certain comfortview is no longer supported or available. Why would they bring back comfortview for Windows 10 when i-Vu is the newest supported system and can easily handle CCN, bacnet, etc.? If it was in the process of being upgraded to anything other than XP, it would’ve happened by now — considering vista, 7 and 8 have already run their course. Carrier doesn’t even provide training on comfortview.
    I wouldn't use it if it was new and updated. But why would you with I-VU pro. there isn't any new docs on partners about it since 2014.
    I think Balibe may work Carrier which he may have better info.

Post Likes
    I work for Carrier controls and I’m pretty confident that comfortview is dead.

Post Likes
    Fixes that

Post Likes
    I work on Carrier every day, and I’m almost certain comfortview is no longer supported or available.
    Check the latest Master Price Sheet, effective 01/2019 ..... still available.

Why would they bring back comfortview for Windows 10 when i-Vu is the newest supported system and can easily handle CCN, bacnet, etc.? If it was in the process of being upgraded to anything other than XP, it would’ve happened by now — considering vista, 7 and 8 have already run their course. Carrier doesn’t even provide training on comfortview.
    It was discussed at the Controls Expert Expo this past May, they need to keep the mouse happy ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast