Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxing wealth

Post Likes

Taxing wealth

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on here about what the progressive left wants to do.

They want to tax you on what you own and already have paid taxes on. In order to pay for their outrageous plan on supporting everyone who either no longer works or the younger who simply choose not to work.

Pretty well screws people like me who have worked my whole life, invested conservatively, and have a bit of a nest egg to retire and pay my bills. So long as I continue to live a simple, humble, and conservative lifestyle.

Everything the Left touches, they destroy. It's coming. Just wait for it.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Can you elaborate on what taxes you're referring to? Are you talking about estate taxes or something else? I'm close to retirement so I'm kind of interested in any new taxes I might have to pay.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    A sound state must limit the private wealth growth to some reasonable amount. Everyone should be able to buy and own his house, his business and so on, just with the revenue from his work. But accumulating wealth over some reasonable amount is just insane. People owning $1 billion and so on....

Unlimited accumulation of wealth by small number of individuals is the source of all evil on this planet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Can you elaborate on what taxes you're referring to? Are you talking about estate taxes or something else? I'm close to retirement so I'm kind of interested in any new taxes I might have to pay.
    Gary... shouldn't you have been worried about this during previous decades... Rather than vote liberal all those years...then decide it matters before you retire..Sorry but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to show how denial catches up with us later...2020

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Gary... shouldn't you have been worried about this during previous decades... Rather than vote liberal all those years...then decide it matters before you retire..Sorry but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to show how denial catches up with us later...2020

I'm not worried, I'm just interested in finding out what taxes BBeerme is talking about. There are no taxes i know of that I'm worried about so i wonder what taxes i don't know about.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Everything the Left touches, they destroy. It's coming. Just wait for it.
    Watch out. Davida will get upset if you speak the truth about the left. :/

Post Likes
    I'm not worried, I'm just interested in finding out what taxes BBeerme is talking about. There are no taxes i know of that I'm worried about so i wonder what taxes i don't know about.

Your party has been talking about it. But if course the media isn't really covering it.

"Their ideas range from new rules on inherited assets, to a plan by Sen. Ron Wyden for annual taxes on unrealized gains, to a proposal from Sen. Elizabeth Warren to tax wealth itself. These come atop more conventional proposals to raise income taxes and expand estate taxes."

Post Likes
    Here's what it's about. And people will fall for it.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/econo...0SjLz6QlYfsgA/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Here's what it's about. And people will fall for it.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/econo...0SjLz6QlYfsgA/
    They always fall for it.
    Regardless of any revenue increases the govt still borrows from the reserve anyway...the debt isn't going to get paid down.. they will just have more money to "lose"..which seems to happen alot while democratic presidents are in office...blamed on book keeping errors...when new revenue structures are introduced it makes the job of funneling money out much easier.
    They always claim it's just the wealthy getting taxed more....they don't understand all that does is makes those people move the money overseas ...and for those that don't...those extra tax dollars come out of everyone's pocket to begin with...so they have to give an extra dollar to mister el richo before the govt can take it from him anyway.
    They raise our taxes enough as it is ...even if we don't vote for it...why the left would support any kind of tax increase is beyond me...since the sixties spending has ramped up several fold even after adjusted for inflation...all whilst our infrastructure is going down the tubes...our infrastructure was built without huge tax increases...and those increases never went away...in theory we could have rebuilt it several times already.
    We can't even get a wall built...but get this the ACA website cost much much more that the wall proposal...and they didn't even have to claim "losing money"...someone got rich off that project.
    The left will vote for the democrat that has the wildest idea to take money and blow it...First they want to punish those rich folks...they don't realize that the more rich people move their funds...that the next lower tax brackets have to start taking the slack...which are usually employers...which comes from customers pockets and lessens employee pay....all which causes an inversion on the very thing they claim they are fixing...a shrinking middle class

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    A sound state must limit the private wealth growth to some reasonable amount. Everyone should be able to buy and own his house, his business and so on, just with the revenue from his work. But accumulating wealth over some reasonable amount is just insane. People owning $1 billion and so on....

Unlimited accumulation of wealth by small number of individuals is the source of all evil on this planet.
    GA has a $Washington that says if Gussie had a $Billion... he would change his attitude on this...

Funny how the have-nots hate the haves...
    Yet if the have-nots become a have... they all of a sudden become jerks.

It is called old $$$ and new $$$...
    Might read up on those concepts Gussie...
    Might learn something...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Just because one does not know about a tax... or the tax is not yet law...
    Does NOT mean it could or would not happen.

Is it smarter:
    To vote in polecats who want less taxes and less spending...
    Or vote in polecats who want more taxes and more spending???

Folks that are getting close to retirement should be concerned...
    In reality even the 20-somethings should be concerned... as they are the ones that will be paying the taxes all their lives... and have a lower lifestyle than their parents did.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Oh, and do not forget...

More than once... the left (read that DIMS) have floated the idea of taxing retirement accounts (specifically before you retire)...

Now do you really trust a party that taxes everything you work for...
    So they can bring in illegals and pay their way???
    Yet YOU have to pay your own way... after you pay the taxes to pay the way of the illegals...

GA wants to know if anyone on ARP would consciously vote FOR that scenario in the previous paragraph???
    Come on libbies... make a decision and post it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I hope people realize:
    Democrats ONLY care about your vote and your tax $.
    Republicans CARE that you PROSPER...
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

14. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast