Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 162
  1. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,776
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    my daughter is going to college in Italy and her tuition is 1800 euros per year and the bachelors program is only 3 years .
    That's socialism for you.

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    That's socialism for you.
    And, that is all they are teaching her, socialism and liberalism. Socialism, Marxism, Liberalism, Atheism, Left wing progressivism are all the same thing and that is all that is taught in colleges and universities these days. It seems to take 4 years in North America. I see Europe can get it done in 3 years.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  3. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,741
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    If a government administrator expects to improve the economy by lowering taxes, it's either because we are on the top end of the curve or because we are in the flat part of the curve.
    False, the reason they cut taxes is to improve the short term economy during their time in office... and screwing over the long term economy.

  4. #82
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    7,184
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    False, the reason they cut taxes is to improve the short term economy during their time in office... and screwing over the long term economy.
    As I said in post #78,

    To lower taxes when we are in the bottom end of the curve (where revenues are increasing) would only cause revenue to go down without helping the economy very much. Making such a move for political favor would be the equivalent of shooting himself in the foot, especially during his first term in office.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  5. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,274
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    There is not a straight-line relationship between tax rates and tax revenue. The line is curved. When tax rates are very low, revenue is low. As tax rates increase, revenue increases. But revenue begins to flatten out when taxes are increased so much that they begin to hamper productivity. When tax rates increase beyond this point, tax revenue declines.

    When taxes are too high, decreasing them allows productivity and revenue to increase.

    Not only that, but when taxes are placed on income or other intermediate levels of production, taxpayers have to pay twice as much as the amount of revenue. In other words, a one dollar increase in income tax causes a two dollar increase in taxes paid, even though the government only collects one dollar.

    For example, let's say you are the only employee at a small company. You pay $1000 in income tax. Your employer adds that $1000 (and your salary) into the price of the goods he sells. When you buy those goods, you (and other taxpayers) pay for that $1000 again.

    This situation also occurs as a result of business income taxes.

    The only way to prevent this double payment is to collect a sales tax at the retail level.

    Taxes are too high for three reasons:
    1. Congress spends too much and expects us to pay for their foolishness.
    2. Congress borrows money from the Fed and charges us interest.
    3. Congress charges us twice for each tax dollar they collect.
    A lot of what you say I agree with but not all of it. You are assuming our taxes are already too high & I don't think they are for the advantages we have living in the USA. IMO we didn't need a tax break & the small amount the working class got was nowhere near what the wealthy got. So far the result of Trump's tax cuts are most of us paid a little less in taxes, the government is more in debt & income inequality is worse.
    I'm not trying to defend what congress screws up but I'm also not going to use them as an excuse for everything that Trump screws up either. Before when Trump messed up the excuse was "Hillary... & Obama..." &
    now it looks like his followers are now using "Hillary...., Obama... & Congress...". Next you'll be blaming the judges when they start taking away peoples guns using the Red Flag laws that Trump supports.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,489
    Post Likes
    Total tax revenues in 2017 was 3.3. Projected tax revenues in 2020 is going to be $3.643.

    Pulls out calculator.......
    Punches in numbers........

    That is slightly under 4% per year. Our population growth is 0.6% per year. So that means our tax revenues are up aboit 3% a year even taking into account population growth. Inflation rate per year is approx 2%.

    So how have Trumps tax cuts exploded the deficit?

  7. #85
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    7,184
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    A lot of what you say I agree with but not all of it. You are assuming our taxes are already too high & I don't think they are for the advantages we have living in the USA. IMO we didn't need a tax break & the small amount the working class got was nowhere near what the wealthy got. So far the result of Trump's tax cuts are most of us paid a little less in taxes, the government is more in debt & income inequality is worse.
    I'm not trying to defend what congress screws up but I'm also not going to use them as an excuse for everything that Trump screws up either. Before when Trump messed up the excuse was "Hillary... & Obama..." &
    now it looks like his followers are now using "Hillary...., Obama... & Congress...". Next you'll be blaming the judges when they start taking away peoples guns using the Red Flag laws that Trump supports.
    When I said "too high," I was referring to the Laffer Curve benchmark, not whether or not we feel like we are getting what we pay for.

    I'm not assuming our taxes are too high, I'm explaining the logic behind the math.

    President Trump's biggest tax cut was in business income taxes, which helped to make US businesses more competitive with those of other nations, to increase sales of US goods, to hire more employees, to stimulate investment in US hard assets, and to reduce costs to consumers and other businesses. These costs were all paid for by consumers. They were the biggest beneficiaries.

    When wealthy people get a bigger tax cut than others, it's not proportionately bigger in relation to their tax burden; it's only bigger in the dollar amount. The only reason it's so big is because they were paying most of the tax in the first place.

    The US is not a nation of income equality. It's primarily a nation of opportunity equality. Income fairness is important, but so is supply and demand. When you have too many history teachers and not enough corporate CEO's, history teachers are a dime a dozen and CEO's are 100M a pop.

    When income equality becomes a nation's top priority, it ends up like Cuba or Venezuela. Everybody gets to be poor; hallelujah. (--Except the Fearless Leader, of course.)
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Prata di Pordenone Italy
    Posts
    7,765
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    That's socialism for you.
    yes the Italian taxpayers are covering some of it
    Go Trump

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Prata di Pordenone Italy
    Posts
    7,765
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    And, that is all they are teaching her, socialism and liberalism. Socialism, Marxism, Liberalism, Atheism, Left wing progressivism are all the same thing and that is all that is taught in colleges and universities these days. It seems to take 4 years in North America. I see Europe can get it done in 3 years.
    She says most of her professors are fans of Matteo Salvini because of his stance on immigration
    Go Trump

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,863
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Speaking of college - and how they have impacted our present:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIpRC9cSUc

    Well worth the 40 minutes required. It all good but it gets especially good at about 8-10 minutes.

    PHM
    --------
    I like her ... shes a smart cookie

    Did you buy the book he mentioned 50 thousand times ?

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,489
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    She says most of her professors are fans of Matteo Salvini because of his stance on immigration
    That's the typical hypocrisy of the left. Illegal immigration personally hurts them. As it hurts every citizen. So the care about it. If the problems with illegals only hurt the people on the "other side of the tracks", those professors wouldn't care one bit.

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,274
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Total tax revenues in 2017 was 3.3. Projected tax revenues in 2020 is going to be $3.643.

    Pulls out calculator.......
    Punches in numbers........

    That is slightly under 4% per year. Our population growth is 0.6% per year. So that means our tax revenues are up aboit 3% a year even taking into account population growth. Inflation rate per year is approx 2%.

    So how have Trumps tax cuts exploded the deficit?
    The numbers you cite do not tell the whole story. Take a look at this if you want because it will explain the numbers better than I can.
    https://www.crfb.org/blogs/has-reven...of%20inflation.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,489
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The numbers you cite do not tell the whole story. Take a look at this if you want because it will explain the numbers better than I can.
    https://www.crfb.org/blogs/has-reven...of%20inflation.
    Link didn't work

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR